Sign in to follow this  
Chakron

Niarja - Go use WurmNode!

I can either change the email address or move your characters to a different Niarja account, up to you. Send me a PM please.

I can either change the email address or move your characters to a different Niarja account, up to you. Send me a PM please.

I may have just posted the same thing 3 or 4 times because the forums are terrible. Sorry.

• Like 1

yeah i still can't change my profile pic.
I find if you open the page in a new tab, after posting, while it's still saying `saving`, it'll be posted already and it's just wasting your time.

Yeah that's usually the case, but this time nothing was happening. Then five minutes later all the posts appeared.

I have a small problem. I was the first to hit 100 blacksmithing. I mistakenly uploaded a couple hundred dumps of an alt to that character. Rather than delete my alt's dumps from my main character (which would have taken forever), I deleted my character's profile and reuploaded all of my dumps. Someone apparently hit 100 blacksmithing after me, so now I'm ranked second on blacksmithing. 

Would it be possible to bump me back to first? You can check the date when we hit 100 BS respectively.

While I'm here, I have a suggestion. For all the 100 skills, have them check when the a character hit 100. It makes more sense that someone hitting 100 in a skill back in 2012 should have precedence over someone hitting it in 2015--even if the first person uploaded their dump a couple of years after the second person's.

(On a side note, the other character that hit 100 BS looks very fishy. The smithing skill is very low and it has basically no other skills or stats worth mentioning.)

I know that the population graph is showing 0 even though there are actually people logged on. I'd prefer to rely on the regular URL so I don't need to change it in response to circumstances. Populations will show up again when the DNS issues are resolved.

Hailene - I'm working on how skills are ranked. It's not working properly right now. I'd rather have it something like this:

SKILL | RANK

100.00 | 1

100.00 | 1

99.99 | 3

• Like 3

On 7.04.2017 at 0:28 AM, Hailene said:

On a side note, the other character that hit 100 BS looks very fishy. The smithing skill is very low and it has basically no other skills or stats worth mentioning.

And if you look at the graphs, their smithing raises from 71 to 72 while black smithing raises from 99.57 to 100. Kinda looks like someone just edited the last file to say 100bs.

edit: didnt notice how many mistakes i got in that sentence

Edited by Kurson
  • Like 1

Didn't notice that, thanks. Skills like that might not be possible. Not sure yet.

Edited by Chakron

If there's a bigger time interval there.. it's possible..

Parent/child skills..same.. when they are done with just high CoC tools, I think enchant only boosts the main skill, not the parent, making the gap between them so obvious.

Either way.. w/o an api/etc... from CC to verify skill prints.. niarja/skill_compare is only a pretty way to show skill-dumps, it's naive to trust profiles because of the way it works(anyone could upload any random numbers and char name that doesn't exist).

Skill Compare will always be for fun, but I do try to move obviously incorrect dumps.

I will run some tests to see if that combination of blacksmithing and smithing can be accomplished.

Edit: A REST API to get character skills is the dream, but probably not worth Wurm developer time :)

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 1

On 31.05.2017 at 6:37 AM, Chakron said:

I'd rather have it something like this:

SKILL | RANK

100.00 | 1

100.00 | 1

99.99 | 3

How about just overriding the current system so everyone with 100 shows as 1st otherwise leave it all the same?

Updating some stuff. Might be down very shortly.

I guess that only took like 30 seconds. Nevermind.

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 1

Did you look into the suspicious blacksmithing/smithing of Trentasaurus? Or how you are displaying 100 skilled people in general?

Even though days are selected.  I tried using another browser just to make sure.

0 day(s) of character data have been deleted!

4 hours ago, Hailene said:

Did you look into the suspicious blacksmithing/smithing of Trentasaurus? Or how you are displaying 100 skilled people in general?

I did look into this. Trentasaurus' information is suspicious, but completely possible. It looks like he/she is inactive, so for now I've hidden their skill dump from the website. They can speak to it if they return. I think that's the fairest thing to do.

4 hours ago, Kurson said:

Cool 100 skills working now! thanks.

I didn't make any changes to the website code, so I'm not sure what you mean :)

2 hours ago, Aaron_IRL said:

Even though days are selected.  I tried using another browser just to make sure.

0 day(s) of character data have been deleted!

That does appear broken! Taking a look.

Edited by Chakron

I fixed it and you can now delete individual skill dumps again.

I didn't make any real changes to Niarja, but I did perform what's called a "Major Version Upgrade" to some of the underlying software. I had to make some minor changes to functions that have been deprecated (that is, removed from the newer version of the software). So let me know if you run into anything weird. Other than switching themes (you have to refresh the page after clicking the button) I think everything is working normally.

Edit: A lot of Niarja is a "mess" and I want to make it better, but I only have time to work on it occasionally.

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 1

We love it anyway, it's best there is to show skills in a pretteh way

Hey Chakron, is there a plan to make 'defaults' for every registered user? Like some setting that when logged in, the main view should default to freedom isles or epic or a particular server rather than all together and having to sort trough them every time I click on niarja live?

Edited by Thorakkanath

9 hours ago, Chakron said:

I didn't make any changes to the website code, so I'm not sure what you mean :)

ah wow i saw that hailene was 1st assumed u made it so they are both 1st. Nvm :P

On 6/12/2017 at 4:48 AM, Thorakkanath said:

Hey Chakron, is there a plan to make 'defaults' for every registered user? Like some setting that when logged in, the main view should default to freedom isles or epic or a particular server rather than all together and having to sort trough them every time I click on niarja live?

Yes. I'd like to have filters that remember your settings. I'd also like to have a "my preferences" page for registered users that can permanently override different themes and selections. For now you can bookmark the individual cluster/server pages.

Edit: or convince epic players to kill   uniques!

Edited by Chakron

1 hour ago, Capi said:

This is for epic only:

You have the option to toggle epic curve on.

It scales up everything though. There are skills that arent affected (Body stats, meditating, fighting etc) that dont change. would be neat if you can fix that.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/The_Curve#Exceptions

Thanks, I forgot about that. Will take care of it tonight.