Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New Deity!

There’s a new deity in Wurm – Tosiek has ascended and became the first player  in the game to found his own religion! There are people converting already. Some quirks still remain and converting is a bit of a gamble.

Some initial issues with alignment related to the new religion were fixed in this update.

• Like 2

Just please no mycelium on pve if this extends to those servers too. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

mycelium means no cotton and no meals anymore, its not bad to have the beauty of mycelium.

• Like 7

mycelium means no cotton and no meals anymore, its not bad to have the beauty of mycelium.

well we have different opinions on beauty i guess 

• Like 3

Mycelium is great! constantly have full nutrition and such... Only down side is... It kinda kills flowers... Finding flowers on BLH is impossible! They can sometimes be found in BLE turf.. 

• Like 1

Again.. Why is this on freedom?

If you expect or know any incoming problems, tell us, why it shouldn`t be on the Freedom cluster (including Chaos). That`s not an attack on you, but a serious question.

...and even if the domain influence changes, it just keeps spreading.   <_< 

So how does this work exactly? How does a player get selected for ascension? 

Again.. Why is this on freedom?

You wanted Sorcery? Now you get the full deal ;) 

• Like 3

So how does this work exactly? How does a player get selected for ascension? 

Player demigods

When a deity wins a scenario there’s a chance that he receives cherries that the spirits have stolen from the Treekeeper. This means that a player may receive the possibility to become immortal.

First the player becomes a demigod. He will become an ally to his deity and protect a random square.

If the demigod survives long enough for the same deity to win again and have the luck to receive more cherries, he will become a full deity with a religion of his own for other players to join. The religion receives a totally random set of spells from the existing ones. Also, when that happens the deity will start moving around freely on Valrei in the hunt for collectibles.

edit: copied from wiki and epic only

Edited by LorenaMontana
  • Like 1

When I read all of these posts about a new deity, I think about another question which is only a theoretical one. When Tosiek become a new deity, why does he remain the only playable deity in the whole game. Why isn`t he placed on the Valrei map to be moved by his followers like the other gods in Wurm?

• Like 2

You wanted Sorcery? Now you get the full deal ;)

So we were not allowed to participate, but have this forced on us.....yeah sounds typical.

So we were not allowed to participate, but have this forced on us.....yeah sounds typical.

I don't think Epic was asked about stuff that was just implemented on freedom either

mmmmmm the sweet fresh smell of fungus...ahhhhhhhhhhh.  

When I read all of these posts about a new deity, I think about another question which is only a theoretical one. When Tosiek become a new deity, why does he remain the only playable deity in the whole game. Why isn`t he placed on the Valrei map to be moved by his followers like the other gods in Wurm?

I had wondered this very thing

edit: copied from wiki and epic only

First I was like damn, Loren knows his . ;)

• Like 4

Let's be honest: if Tosiek's religion were kept completely separate from Freedom, these same people would be complaining about Epic getting all the features.

• Like 26

I wonder how the spells for the new diety will turn out??

I believe its a random pick from the existing spells.

I for one welcome our new (demi-)divine mycelium-spreading overlords.

Also how does one convert to this new faith on Freedom?

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

You have to come to Chaos to convert at the bone altar :D

Sign in to follow this