Sign in to follow this  
Stinky

64-bit system issues [FIXED]

Hello guys,
i have issues with 64 bit java again. I have completely uninstalled java from HDD and instaled it again. It always installs both, 64bit and 32bit probably due to browser or whatever. The problem is that it always picks 32bit for Wurm no matter what i do. If i put Wurm on steam it picks the correct version (64bit) but when i leave wurm the process is still running. Any ideas what it could be? Also im lagging badly in some games including Wurm after some time in game. Reconnect helps for some time but not for long. I dont use proxy, i used antivirus, trojan finders, spy bots, rkill, tdsskiller, kvrt, ccleaner, checked disk for bad sectors and i dont even know what else.

Some spec:

Settings_1.png

Settings_2.png

Settings_3.png

Settings_4.png

Settings_5.png

Settings_6.png

Edited by Stinky

if you don't need the 32bit then just uninstall it 

That might work. thanks Milso. I will do it when the 32bit installs back.

Any idea with the lag issues?

Edited by Stinky

Lag is a term often used to describe something other than network latency.  So when you say you're getting lag what are you seeing FPS drops? studdering? 

For me using 64bit over the 32bit Java helped with crashing and such a lot but wurm is going to always be "Laggy" as long as its using Java on this scale.

Hardware wise you look above what you need to run Wurm on Max settings.

By lagging i mean my ping changes from 20 to 700 within 10ish minutes

ah so you did mean the correct lag.  The only thing you can really do on your end for that is update NIC drivers. beyond thats its up to your ISP. 

If you're into fighting losing battles you can do a traceroute and find at what hop you're having issues and then fight with your ISP to get it fixed.  (good luck on that)

Forgot to update this. The ISP upgraded my connection so it works better now and i figured out that Firefox doesnt have 64 bit browser except one in BETA. So i got it and all is fine