Sign in to follow this  
Keran

Level clay tiles up

As the title says give us the ability to level clay tiles up it is annoying to have clay tiles and have to have ugly 40 slopes going into the sea.

I am working on a road project to a friends deed and plan is to make bridges over the clay tiles, but now I can't make a small ramp because it has adjacent clay tiles.

so what I suggest is to make it possible to use level to raise clay tiles, make it take the same time as leveling them down.

if i recall right if you're digging is 70? you can raise a clay tile.

ok thanks for that post link did try to search for it but could not fins any post related going to have a look at it

AT a 10 to 1 ratio and 70 digging maybe it should not be easy to do.

Edited by Uberknot

Oh just noticed THIS thread...... guess situation allows for a lazyman's copypaste ^_^

Putting the laws of physics aside for a sec... "using" a 20kg combined lump of clay to raise a clay bank's corner one dirt would be a good replacement imho.  Clay's sticky enough that it wouldn't need the "sliding off" limitation dropping dirt has.  I definitely agree that raising clay with dirt shouldn't be allowed.    THAT SAID, would have to be coded in so you can use the clay on the tile even if it's deep "beyond reach" .... or instead of "using" the clay you get a special kind of drop (drop on ground/as pile for dirt, drop on ground/to raise for clay)

As for lowering clay back down without leveling as terrain won't always allow for that, calculating at 10s dig per clay (it's way more i know except at high levels with badass shovels)... hmmm..... "Lower" command where you dig up 20 clays to lower it one dirt?  

(be it by hitting "lower" 20 times or a 200s timer which puts 20 clays in your inventory).  *edit: this kind of lowering, 200s per dirt would basically be the "below 70 digging" option to leveling it down*

*edit edit: I know, it sounds awful at first glance but think of it as surface mining/concreting without the awful RNG factor*

Edited by Mordraug