Sign in to follow this  
Frack

RARE BSB

What do rare BSB's do besides decay slower? Not really a big deal to make one, more of a novelty and a pain just like rare sand or rock shards except who wants to sacrifice a rare BSB after putting all that creation effort into it? Maybe nice to display, but probably not as nice to decorate with as say a flag or statue of a horse . . .

I recommend that Rare BSB's be able to hold rare resources - rare clay, rare logs etc - nothing that you couldn't put in a normal BSB only it has to be rare to go in it. If co-mingling of regular items is a coding issue then don't let it be able to hold regular items. Similarly a Supreme or Fantastic BSB would hold Supreme or Fantastic items respectively.

• Like 2

That would make rare bsbs EXTREMELY valuable and sought after. As well as give them an actual use and function beyond a normal bsb. So, hey, what the heck. Not like they'll ever do it, but thumbs up! :)

it would never happen but i wouldent mind buying 1 if it did +1

This is a great overlooked suggestion. Rare storage bins being made able to store rare objects. Maybe they should be exclusive to this use, rejecting any normal objects attempted to be put inside. Finally rare bins will then have their revenge with the rejecting the inferior items!

=Ayes=

If co-mingling of regular items is a coding issue then don't let it be able to hold regular items. Similarly a Supreme or Fantastic BSB would hold Supreme or Fantastic items respectively.

Huge -1.  I like the way glows look as well as MANY others.  Limiting it to hold only rare items would be a pretty major downside

• Like 1

I disagree, for a few reasons.

1. You'd be able to combine rare item, which may be good or bad for the player depending on how they do it. For example, you'd be able to combine rare items (potentially after using them to actually make something) in order to sacrifice them at full weight for the bonus. Conversely, volume-decay of items in BSBs means that a stored rare would go below full weight after any significant time being stored, preventing a refresh sacrifice from working. I don't know what other implications this has.
  2. It may not even be technically possible. Bulk storage bins only work on completely generic items, but for rare items, it's entirely possible the game keeps track of them distinctly enough that combining them or storing them in a BSB might not make sense. I can't confirm this, though.
  3. It would make rare bulk storage bins extremely valuable in a way that other rare items are not. Rare items usually don't have any additional functionlity, never mind something as important as being able to indefinitely store rare items and combine their weights. This is just way too inconsistent with the normal value a rare has compared to its normal counterpart.

I disagree, for a few reasons.

1. You'd be able to combine rare item, which may be good or bad for the player depending on how they do it. For example, you'd be able to combine rare items (potentially after using them to actually make something) in order to sacrifice them at full weight for the bonus. Conversely, volume-decay of items in BSBs means that a stored rare would go below full weight after any significant time being stored, preventing a refresh sacrifice from working. I don't know what other implications this has.

It may not even be technically possible. Bulk storage bins only work on completely generic items, but for rare items, it's entirely possible the game keeps track of them distinctly enough that combining them or storing them in a BSB might not make sense. I can't confirm this, though.

It would make rare bulk storage bins extremely valuable in a way that other rare items are not. Rare items usually don't have any additional functionlity, never mind something as important as being able to indefinitely store rare items and combine their weights. This is just way too inconsistent with the normal value a rare has compared to its normal counterpart.

All your points here make a good case *for* rare storage bins, as well as making them exclusively accept only rare items to be put inside of them. Then it would make these bins great for storing rare items that will otherwise take on decay. Good also is the fact that partials can be combined as well as quality adjusted to a common level.

As for making them "extremely valuable". That's great too, since I have a number of them imped to rare status and don't find them that hard to come by. Much easier in fact than all these rare blacksmithing items that some people seem to be able to consistently come up with.

=Ayes=