Sign in to follow this  
Gaffer

Build permission allows some 2nd storey walls to be planned but not others

The "Build" permission is not consistently applied to 2nd storey walls.  After receiving the build permission on an alt's deed and being added as a guest to the writ for a stucture I was allowed to plan 4 walls on the second storey but forbidden to plan 4 others.   I was able to actually start construction on the 4 planned walls and even finished one of them.   The error message on the forbidden walls was: [21:19:59] Death Valley does not allow that.    These are ordinary wooden walls planned with a wooden mallet.  Some are on the edge of the writ footprint but others are not.  The ground storey exterior walls are complete.  I was able to plan and build the floors for the 2nd storey.   Holding the writ did not help.  You can see the current state of the structure in this screen shot - http://imgur.com/XO4DoTB

I experienced the same or similar difficulty with an alt working on a structure on my own deed about 6 months ago.  So far I haven't been able to figure out what is different between the walls that were allowed and those that were forbidden.  My expectation is that either all planning be allowed or none.  Half and half doesn't make sense to me.

I had a similar experience. I building that I had planned and built on a deed where I had permissions on, and was listed as guest on the writ. but when I got to second floor, it would not let me.  I tried again by taking back possession of the writ from deed holder and still could not plan. Deed settings definitely allowed me to plan and build as I had done so for the first floor.

Finally had to leave my own settlement and join that settlement before I was allowed to continue the building.

This has been reported a number of times and is also already in the bug database as an issue.  The only work around that I know about is to have the builder become a citizen of the village that the building is part of while in the construction phase.

I'll add this post to the already opened bug.