Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Going up..

Well i am not sure why we have not seen this in the news yet but i was on test tonight and look at what i found..

hWNMgZL.jpg

• Like 16

OMG!..i actually said that outloud as I opened the spoiler!!!   DUUUUUUDE! heheh  imagine...

OMG!..i actually said that outloud as I opened the spoiler!!!   DUUUUUUDE! heheh  imagine...

• Like 2

There are some old staircases laying around in Wurm showing the upper part.

But does it work on test?

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

There are some old staircases laying around in Wurm showing the upper part.

Can you try if you can put anything under it?

I am not on test anymore you can log on and check it yourself i guess anyone can use test the link is on the front page of the wiki

• Like 1

For some reason I never got test to work on my computer, I crash immediatelly :o

Very nice!  Although I think it look very unrealistic with such thin stone arch. But prbably it's work in progerss and will be improved before release.

I'm a bit disappointed with the layout - looks like it's centered on the tile and has an opening on the upper floor. It's impossible to build an open staircase for instance around the edge of a 2x2 tower with this.

I would like to see a staircase that allows for more architectural flexibility. Something that occupies half a tile along one edge for the stair, and a perpendicular half of upper platform flooring at the joining upper edge. This would allow for similar pieces to be arranged in the form of a winding, open staircase.

I fear we even have the fixed north-south orientation of the current ladders with the stairs as they are on test at the moment?

3 tiles to use it is a bit restrictive, but I imagine we'll still have the ladder option.

Being able to orientate the stairs which way we want.. that is obviously mandatory.  Hopefully obvious.  =P

• Like 1

great stuff!! balcony and stairs.. changes alot the way of building houses!!

• Like 2

It is simply an inclined bridge. Not surprising to see after bridges were testing one of which you can see in the background. It's much better than ladders and looks very, very nice. 

Edited by Clatius

So to plainly clarify... You don't click to go up.. You simply walk up the stairs as if it was a normal slope/bridge?

So to plainly clarify... You don't click to go up.. You simply walk up the stairs as if it was a normal slope/bridge?

• Like 1

This has been on there a while now, surprised it took this long for someone to notice.

Hopefully I don't have to point out that they're still a very much work in progress, some things are still broken with them, and other planned things for them aren't in yet.

• Like 10

they look awesome, cannot wait :)

You can place a BSB under the stairs, right :)

This has been on there a while now, surprised it took this long for someone to notice.

Hopefully I don't have to point out that they're still a very much work in progress, some things are still broken with them, and other planned things for them aren't in yet.

other planned things????  I beg you, good sir, please elaborate!

next up spiral staircases that you cant get up with any kind of vehicle or animal behind you? 1x1x9 lookout towers anyone? :3