Sign in to follow this  
mthoodyn

Remove Artifacts, Champions and SOTG [CHAOS ONLY]

130 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Artifacts, Champs and SOTG

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

Chatting around with longterm players and new ones for a long time and came up with this great suggestion. All of you that PM:ed me suggestions and input , thanks. Here is the thread i made based on that input.

When was the game most fun to play? according to the veterans and new players aswell it was Before you needed to bea champion to PVP. It was Before you needed overpowered artifacts to pvp. It was Before you needed to chose 1 single meditation path to gain SOTG to be able to pvp.

Before everyone could pvp even if your skills wasnt at par with the older players. Now the gap is to big for new people as you have old players with SOTG, Champ and artifacts. New players dont stand a chance even if they are a Group.

In old times 50 fs players could gank a 90fs account and win, wont happen today.

I know Champs been tampered with alot but just remove the damage reduction from them and all the CR buffs. Champs ruin and destroy PVP as they Always did.

Remove SOTG or make it a timed ability!

Remove artifacts and replace them with something that DONT interfere with PVP. This one can be made really interesting with something else spawning in the ground that all kingdoms have to go search for to dig up.

Just make the game as fun as it used to be. When you could pvp without dying in 3 hits.

it sounds like you don't even play on chaos with how you describe stuff

I also never understand the argument to make shield of the gone a 'timed ability like hate bonus' how will that fix anything if the effect is still only going to be used in a fight

Edited by Cornchips
  • Like 5

I've said that before and it becomes kinda a stereotype nowadays. The problem as I've always outlined is that the staff of Wurm Online bounces from one extreme to the other.

When they nerf something, they nerf it way too much to the point where it's practically useless.

When they boost something, they boost it way too much so it becomes OP.

There's no denying it as much as people wanna speak up and bring in shitty arguments.

50% dmg reduction is OP. Never in gaming history had an MMO such a buff/effect.

Artifacts are OP. Never in a game history had an MMO a weapon that could 1-shot you.

I don't want SotG and Artifacts/Champs removed. I just want things to be balanced.

25-30% Sotg, a little bit less artifact damage, champions are fine, that's why they are champions.

Voted neutral, cause by asking for complete removal, you are doing the same mistake I described in my post. 

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 6

+1 from Epic.

To be honest, half of the meditation abilities are just plain broken and unbalanced, artifact weapons deal ridiculous amounts of damage, and champions really serve no purpose. You literally just push a button to have shield of the gone for six months. Priest limitations get removed, but who cares because you get other restrictions (enchanting) and everyone just uses shared crafting and casting alts anyway. There's literally no point aside from push button to get shield of the gone.

Maybe it's time we start asking for quality over quantity. Keep it simple.

• Like 1

Na. -1

Add variety to the game. Play chequers if you want everyone the same.

I believe this is what you are looking for sir. Sorry you got lost and found Wurmonline instead!

• Like 2

-1 Sotg is not op. I have fought and won against champions and sotg players 1v1 Without it. I have played with it your still dead to numbers or a smart player/s.

Champs should never have stopped permadeath imo that was the most fun time when killing them ment they were closer to gone. personally I think they should have just pet the load of them permadie off. I myself was down to 1 life. Would have loved to see half the server of people (13? At once) that champed on wild perma die it would have made the game more fun.

The artifacts have always been hit or miss best thing about them now tho is there actually used. Restone bonus should work on them they should just drop on the ground on death. Thats the only change there Plus rebuff the crown.

• Like 1

all these threads.

then everyone complained about mag priests, then everyone complained about pets being OP, then everyone complained some more about mag priests, then people complained about farwalker amuletts, then people complained about libila, then people complained about res stones, then people complained about artifacts, then people complained about meditation paths, then people complained about armour, then people complained about pre FF, then people complained about gavin, then people complained about skills, then people complained about no lifers, then people complained about permadeath, then people complained about champion, then people complained small mauls, then people complained about archery, then people complained about raiding, then people complained about dirtwalls.

• Like 6

damn dude that checkers game was the , dominated that npc he only took 2 of my peices

In old times 50 fs players could gank a 90fs account and win, wont happen today.

I giggled :rolleyes:

• Like 2

it sounds like you don't even play on chaos with how you describe stuff

I also never understand the argument to make shield of the gone a 'timed ability like hate bonus' how will that fix anything if the effect is still only going to be used in a fight

It removes the mini-champions, so it will fix the problem. Better 15 minutes per day then 24 hours per day, dont you agree?

Those veterans telling you everything was better back in the day...that's mostly just nostalgia talking I'm sure, probably from a time when they were newbies themselves.

I dont know but most of the people i talk to enjoy a fun game where everyone is somewhat equal. Offcourse there will Always be people with more skills. But thats in no way gamebreaking as the other things i mentioned in this thread are.

Btw would anylike like magranon to be able to dominate valrei creatures like no-gumps, or Avatars like Avatar of Magranon? No I dont Think so, why not? because it would ruin PVP. Get my drift? just because something is In-game doesnt mean its an okey feature - Like, sotg, Champs and artifacts. Balance them, sure but it would certainly need to be a hefty balance then!

Have you even used any of the 3 "examples" you posted above?

Have you even used any of the 3 "examples" you posted above?

I been champion of all deities. As of today I even got one of my characters with SOTG. I never used artifacts but got hit by them in pvp on Epic.

Na. -1

theres way to add variety without 50% damage reduction and 350% more damage.

The game was most fun pre-ff, pre-horses, pre-tower capping, pre-shieldbashing nerf, pre-calf shot nerf, pre-archery and spellcasting nerf.

most of the people that -1 this thread are those who benefit most from these bonuses, i never thought that SOTG or champ bonus added much to the game.

Artifacts don't have to be removed, but they need to be tweaked and made to each serve a unique purpose. You shouldn't be able to oneshot players in plate, or straight up hit champions to bleeding/dying.

Damage doesn't make it unique, it makes it stupid. A small increase? that's different.

Those veterans telling you everything was better back in the day...that's mostly just nostalgia talking I'm sure, probably from a time when they were newbies themselves.

Not necessarily. Back then on the Wild server there was much more people roaming because roaming wasn't actively discouraged by game mechanics. That meant more kills, people also had more chances to outplay the opponent via calf shots and traps rather than just oneshotting somoneone or running away on a 50km/h oakshelled hellhorse with rare/supreme gear. It was also more fair as you didn't have to grind as much, you get high shieldskill and fs and weaponskill and thats all you needed, you didnt need drake, all of the previous, on top of SOTG or champ thrown in with the valrei titles, then add in priests and artifacts.

DAMAGE REDUCTION ONLINE, best game 2k15

Oh yeah, i did forget to mention that over half the reason the PvP side of the game is in the way it is today, is because of people who can't work with game mechanics email rolf when they die asking for changes to way it works, and then rolf changes a mechanic. I'm not the only one who remembers all those tony and rudie emails, or the most recent magranon priest rehaul thread.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 13

RE champs: it's limited.  For some reason, it's limited to 3 per god and not 3 per kingdom, and that should be corrected IMO.  Other than religion in general needing fixing, there's nothing wrong with champs in my opinion. (And perma death in a game that requires as much of a time commitment [or cash investment] as Wurm is a terrible idea).

RE artifact weapons, they should be powerful. They're limited, coveted items.  Perhaps they could use some tweaking, swapping some of their damage for some utility.  Yet to see an interesting enough suggestion for them though. Also, having used all of them, I can tell you they aren't better than normal weapons in every aspect.

RE SoTG; it ain't if you get hit every time and can't hit back.  The fact that non-sotg players can be two hit through plate by huge axes sucks though, so a little bad luck can screw over players.  Perhaps health pools in general could use some tweaking to bring things more in line, then we can look at adjusting meditation abilities some.

• Like 1

Na. -1

It's like arguing with one of those stereotypical high school valedictorians - the types of people who have 100 average in math class and think they're so smart because they can do trig and figure out dimensions of two- and three-dimensional figures in class. Then when it comes down to designing a triangular wooden frame, they haven't the slightest idea what to do because they can't apply their knowledge to a situation. They can't think, they can only repeat what they have done in the past.

That's what literally all of these suggestion threads devolve into.

• Like 2

how about making artifacts not able to be recharged. so they automaticly go back into the ground after they expire. allowing the chance for other players to get them as well. instead of them being controlled items.

+1 to that.

• Like 3

how about making artifacts not able to be recharged. so they automaticly go back into the ground after they expire. allowing the chance for other players to get them as well. instead of them being controlled items.

+1 to that.

thats an awful idea. Because then there's no reason to fight for them if you can literally just wait it out....

thats an awful idea. Because then there's no reason to fight for them if you can literally just wait it out....

theres no reason to fight for them when you can just bash the light

Patience is a virtue huehuehue

theres no reason to fight for them when you can just bash the light

then why do you guys whine so much about them if you "can just bash the light"