Sign in to follow this  
BibiWaffles

Holy **** ton of silver.. i mean rock i mean how bad do you want it?!

After a day of diggin in the pits of the new canal, drowing to AFKness and generally having a good giggle with the slaves, the math is complete and the conclusion is:- 

68 tiles need lowering using a shaping wand to allow for corbitas to pass through. 

Using my not so awesome brain to do the math after a cocktail or three i work this out to be

3g 50s!!

6LQDPW3.jpg

So people how bad do you want this canal passable for the larger ships, as donations for this project would be needed!? 

At the ends of the canals 2 beautiful bridges will be built if we do choose this option. 

Post your thoughts, screams and general pics of eyes bleeding at the cost !!

Ready steady GO! 

might contact a gm if the site is pivotal to the sever they might help you out..idk

• Like 1

Is it 12 tiles in one area or spread out?

If one area, you can leave that shallow enough for knarrs to pass and for carts to cross. 

Everyone else could keep there draftier ships out of there or push across those tiles.

Didn't Zcul change this a couple months back to allow mining below water level deep enough for a corbita.

• Like 1

Is it 12 tiles in one area or spread out?

If one area, you can leave that shallow enough for knarrs to pass and for carts to cross. 

Everyone else could keep there draftier ships out of there or push across those tiles.

Its along the entire length near enough Arathorn, that's the issue, and it might look derpy to have a roller-coaster canal :P 

Didn't Zcul change this a couple months back to allow mining below water level deep enough for a corbita.

Well i get the message that the water is too deep to mine at 5 dirts so i don't think so, unless i'm being stupid, ill test it later with the caravel when I've dredged as much as i can at a not so god awful hour when the slaves have packed it in for the night!! 

At least there's no rush, since you can't actually do anything until bridges are live, and thats 'a few months away', which probably translates to a year or so.  Personally, I'm fine with the canal being knarr only - just stick some clear signage on the entrances so nobody gets themselves stuck in there.

Its along the entire length near enough Arathorn, that's the issue, and it might look derpy to have a roller-coaster canal :P

Well i get the message that the water is too deep to mine at 5 dirts so i don't think so, unless i'm being stupid, ill test it later with the caravel when I've dredged as much as i can at a not so god awful hour when the slaves have packed it in for the night!! 

Ok so as most of you know, there has been a lot of progress on the canal the past week, my lovely helpers have done so much work i couldn't believe my eyes when i logged in from being away for a few days!

Pics below of the current work, there's still a lot to do, but were getting there! 

Special thanks to Cerber and Wilca for doing a hell of a lot of the work for me whilst i was inevitably either sleeping or hugging a toilet bowl, and also to Rollypolly for mining and making me a ton of slate shingles for the paving, and the rest of you who helped with the digging, Gaffer, Audrel,  Ardraug and a few more whos names have eluded me.

Now the piccus!! 

http://imgur.com/a/6VmZF

(ok link for images is borked for me, whatever, click it :P

Im sure Wilca and the others have some screenies for when i was away, ill poke them with a spoon when they awake from their slumber.

Over and out and back to digging! (sorry afk cracking the whip!)  B)

Edited by BibiWaffles
  • Like 2

Oh and if the pics weren't obvious yes, it is deep enough for all boats bar the entrance/exits (20+ tiles left to do).

Now for bridges to be implemented!! 

Personally I'd recommend changing sculpting wands so they don't require 5s to charge for '10' uses it's a bit of an out-dated money sink that I've never seen people utilise. 1s to fill it (to 50) should be enough to make them useful on PvE servers, I'd probably say that would draw more money in / drain more money than they currently do.

Cost should remain high on pvp servers still.

Edited by MetalDragon

Personally I'd recommend changing sculpting wands so they don't require 5s to charge for '10' uses it's a bit of an out-dated money sink that I've never seen people utilise. 1s to fill it (to 50) should be enough to make them useful on PvE servers, I'd probably say that would draw more money in / drain more money than they currently do.

Cost should remain high on pvp servers still.

So I fill it on freedom and sail to chaos xP