It's a rather widespread opinion that priests are kinda crap as mains for non-pvp purposes.

So lets change that.

I've been working on a list of some non-combat pve changes for priests.

The main concept is to not remove restrictions and rather enhance what they can do while being lore friendly about it.

The faith level required to activate the perks isn't a big concern atm.

note: the focus is not on pvp, but rather everyday life.

So without further ado, here is some new stuff im suggesting:

Fo =
Double quantity from foraging/botanizing.
Receives 1 additional product from forestry/gardening/farming.

The quality diffrense from 100ql for gathered nature items is 25% less.
Can care for 50% more animals.

Mag =
Twice as many gems while mining.
1ql higher ore from mining.
Uses 15% less stamina while mining.
Prospecting works in a 11x11 field instead of 7x7.

Spark of Magranon (spell - 5 favor) - Lits forges/lamps/ovens etc. (if there is fuel)

Vynora =
Double Swim speed while not hurting (same stamina drain per meter).
The quality diffrense from 100ql for fish gained while fishing is 50% less.
5 times higher chance to catch rare fish. (this does not include supreme nor fantastic)
All crafted items receives 5 additional quality (this bonus can only boost up to 95ql).
Paving timers are reduced by 50%.
Can write twice as much on a papyrus.

Libila =
Can devour corpses. 30 second timer and causes the "butchered" status without loot (does not destroy pre-excisting loot). It's counted as a 0.2kg 20ql meal and heals 5hp 4 times on random wounds and gives 10 seconds of sleep bonus.
Black mushrooms nutritional value is counted as a 100ql meal and gives 2 minutes of sleep bonus. All other mushrooms give 5 seconds of sleep bonus.
2 seconds of sleep bonus for killing any npc.

10 bonus quality on non-unique butchered items (this bonus can only boost up to 95ql).

10% stamina reduction on all non-combat related actions at night.

All priests =

+15ql to all beverages starting quality (doesn't stack with vynoras bonus)

So what do people think?

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 15

+1, with few small tweaks (+my comments):

Fo: No ql difference, very fair in other aspects. Maybe increased chance to find emeralds from digging?

Mag: 1 ql higher ore might be overpowered at very high ql, how about increasing ql by (100-ql)/50 instead? (for example, 40ql -> 41,2 ql)

Vyn: swim speed buff is overpowered, other ones are underpowered or just useless. My own suggestions for Vyn buffs:

-no possibility to break fishing line

-higher ql logs (the same as Magranon above)

-ability to pick 2 sprouts/fruits from one tree/bush (chance depending on faith, up to 50%)

-50% faster paving, 50% less stamina used during paving

Lib - I am not PvP player

• Like 2

I like.  Just not sure about Vyn crafted items part.  Seems like it could be too much?

No and Vyn should be +5 to all casts. :P

Edited by Uberknot

No and Vyn should be +5 to all casts. :P

If you think there is a issue with specific spells, then suggest a lower difficulty than the current for those. (you can check their values on the wiki)

+5 for all casts is definetly not needed.

Edited by Zekezor

Libs heal seems a little OP/ the ability to destroy loot filled bodies mid battle for health?

I mained a Vyn for a year in PvE and found it very fun and challenging, I think the people who complain about it, haven't really tried it.

I priested my main 2x now, longest was about 3 months next it was a week. I am too much of an imper at heart.

Libs heal seems a little OP/ the ability to destroy loot filled bodies mid battle for health?

I was refering to the butchery products that usually occurs. Edited the post for clarification.

and when you got a drain health capable, cotton wielding lib priest in battle... i dont think it will stop for a half minute and eat a corpse.

BL priests are already less limited than WL priests. There's no reason not to priest as a BL except taming hell horses (which is already bad as non-priest) and crafting.

-1  This game was never meant to be played alone.  Either you need to be part of a village or make some alts, including a priest, if you want to advance in the game.  And I do not consider my priest (me) an alt.  I am often playing him more than my crafter, as he is the one that takes care of the village, tending animals, farming, cooking, and making basic parts for the crafter.  Right now I'm having him make hull planks and other parts for another ship.  Don't call them useless except for spells and pvp.

And another big hint for new players:  Don't make your char a priest right away.  Spend 6-12 months playing them as regular chars so you get some skills and boost the characteristics first, you will do much better with them.

Edited by Vroomfondel

How exactly would these work on PvP servers? Would they just disable in enemy presence? I could see the swim bonus creating a PvP issue, especially because I play on alts. 

I also think that the meal part of the devour corpse ability actually hinders it because pretty much everyone has access to much better food and wouldn't want their nutrition destroyed just for a heal and a few seconds of sleep bonus. I'd consider refilling the same amount of food without changing nutrition.

Creative bonuses that have little impact on PvP side of things so less likely to be nerfed. It also gives more incentive to play a priest as a main.

Everything else seems fine. It's just that swim bonus. I could see some people abusing Vynora alts.

I like it, very lore-y

And yes, people do use tags

Edited by Alyeska

for once zekezor is using that brain of his to provide an actually good idea!

• Like 1

for once zekezor is using that brain of his to provide an actually good idea!

I was drunk that day. Now everything is back to normal.

1376660513_h31qhHieSgG03BEeo6Pq_Pinky%20

drink more often pls!

oh yeah and join mol rehan!

Edited by JukimoV2

BL priests are already less limited than WL priests. There's no reason not to priest as a BL except taming hell horses (which is already bad as non-priest) and crafting.

Considering BLers have just one option, there...  really isn't any reason not to be a Libila priest, if you're priesting up.  lol