Sign in to follow this  
Shagford

Vandalous Thief

I caught Mojorisin stealing my cart. Upon confronting him, he started to destroy it. After a bit of shaming he logged off. Beware Mojorisin, his unjust behavior is not befitting the spirit of Jim Morrison.

• Like 1

Last I checked, you cannot destroy a cart.

One cannot bash large carts, one can bash small ones.

Makes no sense to me anyway. :)

I'd imagined the OP meant a large cart, as it takes time to walk off with a small one; bar loading it...I could be wrong though.

One cannot bash large carts, one can bash small ones.

Makes no sense to me anyway. :)

Newbie mischief. Who can make sense of it. And "in the spirit of Jim Morrison"? I think it would be pretty hard to quantify what approach he would take in this situation, other than make up a song about wagons wafting through the air, out of despair, to which owner would repair.

Maybe build many campfires?

*Try to set the night on fire!* ~JM~ (RIP)

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I dont know the story or what happened.

But it seems very easy in this game to make other characters get bad reputation. Cause its Word against Word. You accuse one without having proof, screenshots or anything, that can totally destroy a characters reputation.

Can you take carts that are locked and made by yourself? isnt the code preventing it?

A large cart even if locked can be dragged away by another player. Unless you weigh it down with more then a player could drag or hitch a creature to it.

A large cart that isn't locked lets anyone remove items from it.

A small cart has no lock so of course can be dragged away and items removed from it.

Is he a new player? We all make mistakes. He must be new if he tried taking your cart while you were in local. I don't know how many new players have borrowed my carts. Instead of shaming them just nicely talk to them. Most of the time it's a misunderstanding.

• Like 1

If you were on a deed, you could have had him KOS'd and watch while pointing and laughing as he died.

I did take pictures with the in game "screenshot" function, but haven't bothered to find out where those get saved to yet.

Regarding shaming him, I only did so after asking him to stop and he started bashing the small cart. Anyhoo, as he may have wished, I did not enjoy not being able to use my cart while he was in possession, bashing it. To maintain equilibrium, a counter act, namely this thread, was required and has been useful to my needs.

I did take pictures with the in game "screenshot" function, but haven't bothered to find out where those get saved to yet.

Regarding shaming him, I only did so after asking him to stop and he started bashing the small cart. Anyhoo, as he may have wished, I did not enjoy not being able to use my cart while he was in possession, bashing it. To maintain equilibrium, a counter act, namely this thread, was required and has been useful to my needs.

Pictures are stored in this path directory order: C:\Users\(user name)\wurm\players\Battlepaw for example, the screenshots would be in that directory or the name of whatever player you encountered the guy under and took the screenshots.  You can also search your logs folder in there for the logs of him actually bashing the cart as proof.     

Heh just be glad free players can't drive large carts anymore.    I do seem to remember  one interesting forum complaint of a cart hijack  two newbies worked togather to run off with the horses, one jumped on the cart as driver, and unhitched, the other led the horses and they both ran off lol.    I think that was what led to (or probably some angry email by the person) that resulted in free players losing their large cart driver privileges.    A shame really, because it was really useful as newbie on GV back in the day to be able to haul those logs from ND, to my house at Catfish Oasis, as it was the only place on the whole server I could get wood.   

Edited by Battlepaw