Sign in to follow this  
Belgrim

/support GMs should create forum topics if not already present

If this forum (buildings/maint) should be where bugs are managed, then GMs who receive support tickets should be adding/updating threads here with the information on /support tickets. 

Note: They can always ask the user to do this themselves, but users aren't always going to do that.. in which case the responsibility of a valid ticket opened in game being properly managed should seem to fall on the GM handling that ticket.  No?

PS - I would have posted this on Enki's town thread but he locked it for some reason... apparently worried it might get the wrong attention?  enki post here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/97059-where-to-properly-submit-a-general-bug-report/

Edited by Belgrim

Hi,

The GM team and the development team have a seperate board that does not interact with the forums for their cataloging of bugs. The reason we ask players to list bugs on the forum is for several things:

It shifts the workload away from the GM team, who are tasked with resolving issues within the game and making sure game play runs smoothly (stuck in fences, broken carts). It also allows us to take note of how widespread this bug is, allows players to contribute extra information, and allows our bug testing team to replicate the bug and report it to the development team.

Please do not use support for reporting of bugs that do not stop you from being able to play or are not exploitable, if you encounter a bug, you should post all information possible rather than log a support ticket.

Collection of information and posting on the forums would only increase the workload on GM's and slow their response times down.

Regards,

Retrograde

• Like 3

Moved thread to Suggestions as the Wiki forum is only to be used for Wiki related posts.

bwg | Board Moderator

> Please do not use support for reporting of bugs that do not stop you from being able to play or are not exploitable,

> if you encounter a bug, you should post all information possible rather than log a support ticket.

Perhaps this is what I was missing when I read Enki's post...  Blockers = support, everything else forum.

That actually makes some sense, although seperate public/private bug tracking makes 0 sense to me overall.  (one system, like bugzilla, with public/private controls makes more sense to me)

PS - this belongs somewhere under the maint/buildng stuff I would think... going to delete it.

This is also kind of CA section question.

But you could add your own clear idea of how this should be fixed/managed.

I know that GMs have it all well organized. Problem is that we players cant see what there is

So without knowing whats already noted and listed, we make doubleposts or useless threads without the info that they were already noted by GMs before posted in public forums.

So i give +1 for better communication and better info details of whats already there.

Because even Forum Mods are not always sure whats up. Only +GM. (I can understand this on most serious bugs, but many others harmless)

• Like 1