Sign in to follow this  
LorenaMontana

Shroud of the avatar

Anyone played this yet?

Almost gathered 6 Million dollars and the lead game designer is the one who made the Ultima series. Looks extremely promosing to me.

few friends have, they said its bugy,  devs are liars and the community is full of evil people, Also was told not much to do ingame at all, i personally havent tried it, looks great, but looks can def change once ya actually play it lol.

Avatar? Is it based on the old Ultima lore?

Assuming yes if the lead designer is.

Avatar? Is it based on the old Ultima lore?

Assuming yes if the lead designer is.

Yeah Lead designer is Richard garriot aka :Lord British, ill just bought it and we will see ;)

Speaking of creators that wont let their old lore die...

Not that Im complaining persay. Its not even really a bad thing; however, there can be a disconnect from what the creator has in mind and what the fans have in mind for the overall vision.

devs are liars and the community is full of evil people

There's something about cookie-cutter housing that turns people to sin.

Lorena, have you been playing it this past year?   From what i was told ya need a fat wallet to get more content and anywhere in that game, ive almost bought it 17 times now and backed out due to this notion, So  please do tell what ya learned.

I like it yes, dont need a fat wallet at all, everything is available in game for buy eventuallt but u gotta put time in crafting/hunting/whatever. 

We dont know much about economy yet since its being wiped all the time but one of the reasons they announced final wipe is to get the economy started.

Crafting is gonna be great but hard and time consuming, combat is a really unique system based on a deck of cards, many like it, many hate it.

I love most of the game so far and its really promising for me, but my opinion is biased as ###### coz I have played Ultima online for 10 years and this is very much like it, just 3D.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MootRed said:

follow-up question: will this game be around for ten years?

I can't say this for 100% sure but since they are gonna hit the 10 million dollar mark probably this year, the game is probably being released in 2017 (final wipe is 28th July 2016 but its not launch) and the fact that the original Ultima online servers are still up and running since 1997.

I would say yes, it will be around for a minimum of 10 years. The community seems extremely loyal, hard-core and also very old, many of them are the core group who played UO for most of their life. U could also say most of them are a follower of Richard Garriot since the earlier Ultima's back in the 80's.

• Like 1

I've had a brief look at it, but get a little lost after the bridge battle and end up in soltown lol

11 minutes ago, ozmods said:

I've had a brief look at it, but get a little lost after the bridge battle and end up in soltown lol

If u need help, add me in game as friend

Ingame name is: The Noob

Cya soon ^.^

cheers lorenaMontana i'll have to reinstall it, I haven't looked at it in a while...

6 hours ago, ozmods said:

cheers lorenaMontana i'll have to reinstall it, I haven't looked at it in a while...

Game has a damn annoying learning curve, but once u get into it, it's pretty good ;)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

Game has a damn annoying learning curve, but once u get into it, it's pretty good ;)

Much like wurmdoeslol

• Like 1