Sign in to follow this  
Capitalism

Digging 99 Skillgains!

Ok, I'm not set out to prove anything, but I did a nice Dig grind today, figured I'd post results of Skill/Charachteristic Gains.

FACTORS:

99.000038 Digging(at start)

99Nutrition (sac'd 2x Rare Dirt I had stored up, to stay this way)

91 CoC Shovel(later it dropped to 90) Started around 12QL, went down to 10.8QL

Flatraising actions(I did minimal of anything else, I pre-dug thousands of dirt)

5hours of Sleep Bonus(I did freeze, and take breaks of course)

3Hours SB used:

fWC6k7l.jpg

All 5 Hrs SB used:

jslRmer.jpg

A small few stats come from chopping like 3 trees that were in my way, or climbing(without SB on), or a few First Aids, or that 1 Black Wolf I killed, rest come from Flattening alone.

Thanks for reading! :D

Edited by Capitalism

Spent hours Digging with no SB, after the original grind. (mostly digging, a little flattening)

U6x9O00.jpg

My CoC is now 88 :(

FINAL DIGGING FOR THE DAY:

99.250267 (Change of .250229)

Edited by Capitalism

1-99.8 is plenty of joy, but prepare for the upcoming hell of tiny decimals ^^

• Like 2

Not as hard as you think. I just got +0.250, a Quarter of a point of digging, in one day. :D

The interesting thing is how bad the Characteristics pull ahead as the Digging Skill curves back. First 2 hours, Digging was still ahead by a lot. then it ended up falling way behind.

Not as hard as you think. I just got +0.250, a Quarter of a point of digging, in one day. :D

He mentioned once you pass 99.8 ;)

• Like 1

Flattening is a great way esp steep slopes.

if you get bored you can try clay for awhile and other mats.

Edited by Uberknot

Yeah, but people have said that about every level so far that I've passed Hord. And none of them have been that hard yet.

And Uber, no need bro, been Terraforming all my life, not bored yet! :D

Getting to 99 the first time ............ OMG!

Getting to 99.50 the first time ................ OMG!

Getting to 99.9 the first time ................ OMG!

Getting to 99.99 the first time .................. OMG!

The second time?  meh.

Working on 99.999 at the moment, OMG!

Ok, I'm not set out to prove anything, but I did a nice Dig grind today, figured I'd post results of Skill/Charachteristic Gains.

FACTORS:

99.000038 Digging(at start)

99Nutrition (sac'd 2x Rare Dirt I had stored up, to stay this way)

Flatraising actions(I did minimal of anything else, I pre-dug thousands of dirt)

5hours of Sleep Bonus(I did freeze, and take breaks of course)

3Hours SB used:

fWC6k7l.jpg

All 5 Hrs SB used:

jslRmer.jpg

A small few stats come from chopping like 3 trees that were in my way, or climbing(without SB on), or a few First Aids, or that 1 Black Wolf I killed, rest come from Flattening alone.

Thanks for reading! :D

Heh, get that Fs up :D

Actually, you sort of didn't

FACTORS:

You have to count the prep as part of the run because without that dirt it just wouldn't have happened.

That part of your run netted you good gains because of the prep but had the server crashed just a bit later and you relogged with a fresh 5 hours SB you wouldn't have been able to replicate it immediately. Still a good effort though.

I've never found FS to be as usefull as other people. XD

And you can't just say prep discounts it. People can buy dirt, or dig for skill, it gives similar gains. so if I had another 5hrs SB, I would've dug more dirt, if need be(tho it wasn't needed, I only used like 3k out of my 7250 dirt I started with in 5hrs)

Getting to 99 the first time ............ OMG!

Getting to 99.50 the first time ................ OMG!

Getting to 99.9 the first time ................ OMG!

Getting to 99.99 the first time .................. OMG!

The second time?  meh.

Working on 99.999 at the moment, OMG!

So is this two characters you're digging to 100 on? or 2 skills on one character?

So, is this someone's idea of fun? I'm going to plant some grass this spring. Maybe you would like to come and watch it grow for a couple of weeks straight. It's going to be great fun. Just kidding of course.  :D

I'm just wondering how many people play the game this way. I know some like the grind to be able to say they did it. And just because I don't care for grinding doesn't mean it's not fun for others to reach these very high levels. I just don't understand how it can be fun and useful compared to say, fighting skills in any number of MMOs. I'm sure I'll eventually have digging to that level. It's at 94.5 now but none of it was grinding. It was simply playing the game.

Edited by Clatius

none of my digging comes from just grinding either fyi. I built a double-zigzag staircase, 2x wide road, with 7 platforms. the last third of it, was what I spent most of this grind on.

I have never just dug for skill, and I've only dug clay/tar that me, and allies need, in small numbers.

Also, I hope you're not referring to Wurm FS, because that is still not nearly as useful, nor have I found it that fun honestly. I've survived over 6years without it. :P

but I did a nice Dig grind today,

Sorry, since the thread was about grinding digging and that's what you said you had done I naturally thought that's what you had done. FS is a good thing to grind since it will save your bacon if you are out exploring or prospecting as I do at times. Especially on a really big server like Xanado where the nearest help is far far away. Blacksmithing is also a worthwhile grind. I never grind at all but I can understand why some would as I explained before. So, having played off and on for 7+ years without grinding some of my skills are fairly ok, some are fairly sad. 

Anyway, gratz on your successful nongrind and especially the stats provided. I'm sure it will be useful to others. 

I used to explore on foot, with no armor, or weapons. as long as you're carefull aroud crocs, and HHounds, you're ok. :D

But yeah, if you read past that sentence, I did say I spent the entire time Flatraising. It's a terraforming term.

So is this two characters you're digging to 100 on? or 2 skills on one character?

2 Skills on one toon

I've got three toons, all have some 90+ skills. For me getting to 90 is sort of entering the mid game for a skill, getting to 99 and you are now in the end game.

Cos I'm currently limited on time I'm focussed on a small subset of skills slowly dragging them up. Each day a small gain but over time it does add up.