Sign in to follow this  
hoof2000

Why should I pay 30$ for Rimworld when DF is for free?

Okay, I played alot of DF and i really like the complexity and all the other stuff that makes DF unique. Lately I have watched a couple of Rimworld lets plays and it looks like alot of fun. The first thing that caught my eyes was the UI, mousecontrol and stuff like that. Really cool. I don't really care about graphics (quite obvious, since i play Wurm  :P ), but RW only has one z level. No digging down, so there is no DF FUN down below.. I could really see me playing this game for a short time, but i don't see any longtime fun in it. And that is why i am hesitating to pay 30$ or 25€ actually. My question is, does anyone have the game and could give me some feedback? Positiv and negativ, why did you buy the game and do you regret paying money for it and what ever comes to your mind. 'Thanks alot !

Because they aren't the same game.

I find both fun, but i will admit DF is definitely more expansive, but I can also see that a good reason for that is that rimworld hasn't been around anywhere near as long.

DF is still my favorite choice between the two, but i do enjoy a good run of Rimworld.

Sink your teeth into Gnomoria instead of Rimworld

This is a very good suggestion.

Gnomoria may look like DF but feels different.

I actually have a couple gnomoria steam keys for sale on eBay. Hit me up in pm , I'll take silver or PayPal. Asking 5.99 USD on eBay per key. Willing to take A5 USD or 5 silver for one

Gnomoria is pretty cool, but i haven't spent a great deal of time playing it yet.

As to Rimworld, i have had this game and played it since its release and found it very entertaining.

There always adding things to it and there is a decent mod'ing community as well.

I actually got more into Rimworld than Gnomoria because the interface and graphics were more my style.

Having said all that, from the you tube i have seen Gnomoria might be more DF orientated, there is a depth of complexity you just wont find in Rimworld at this stage as it is still in development

gnomoria certainly is more df orientated  but its got its own thing as well(redstone like contraptions anyone? :3)

rimworld is worth a bit of money but 30 idk it would be up to you but its a game i play once in a while for a few days when ever there has been enough changes made to it to reach the late game and get everything possible

now my last playthrough in rimworld i decided to go away from my usual bunker inside of the mountain and made an entire tropical village out of nothing but logs and such was quite fun to do

G4riita.jpg

thats how my place looks right now already have had to deal with several ai crash landings and they are a pain in the ass if left alone but thankfully for mortar i could bombard the hell out of them from a safe distance

Edited by wipeout
  • Like 1

gnomoria certainly is more df orientated  but its got its own thing as well(redstone like contraptions anyone? :3)

DF computers can be pretty funny, especially making use of the mob AI in your logic circuits. Let alone abusing the lack of water evaporation and friction to create perpetual motion waterwheels using only a few buckets of water.

Forget hamster wheels. Goblin powah! Its their own fault for attacking you to begin with!

*cracks a whip* Faster slaves!

EDIT: Personally can anyone definitely tell me if Rimworld or Gnomaria has more gameplay depth to them than DF?

Edited by Klaa

hmm havent played df in a while i dont care much for graphics that much but df's lack of it kinda got to me a bit to much :P

klaa rimworld doesnt just yet its close to being on par with df but thats about it where as gnomoria  in some ways its got more but overall gnomoria feels a bit easier to go around controlling things then df does

silly wurm forum lag making me post the same thing twice a few min apart >.>

Edited by wipeout