Sign in to follow this  
Tilda

Furniture: Privacy Screen/Room Separator

A small wish for something to add to all the new furniture, totally just for looks :)  A privacy screen/room separator. Had the thought while redecorating and furnishing my house, that for example, I'd like to put some extra beds around for guests or for when I'm too tired to go find my own bed upstairs, so a bed in the kitchen, a bed in the workshop etc, but that wouldn't look right, but with a privacy screen it would look nice. Same for any places where there are lots of shared beds such as an inn. We don't have toilets or bathrooms but we do have a wash stand now, a privacy screen could be used to give the impression of a little washing up changing area. Just a nice little touch that would use fine carpentry.

Just a thought, Wox could probably knock one out pretty quick lol, if enough others thought it would be a nice addition. Yes I know folks, there are many other 'more important' things we need or want but worth the suggestion for some point in time.

It could be plain or it could fancy or both. Tons of ideas on photos on Google search medieval room separator ( I still can't paste links on forum posts sorry).

• Like 9

+1 the tapestries should be able to do this, but atm apparently they take up a whole square each on test server.  Love this idea!

Great idea Lady Tilda.....

Just think about it..... Walling off tiles in a mine to make temp rooms.

+1 to this very cool idea.

At last i could make a room for my wines in my storage mine and the 2 other rooms i need. ;)

These would be a nice addition for Wurm house interiors. They should not have collision though and be able to be walked through. I can see them being placed by others outside houses and would not like them to have a blocking effect as walls and fencing do. Just make them like trellises in this aspect. Also I think they should reflect the medieval theme of Wurm and not have any Asian type of effects to them.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Agree Ayes, they shouldn't be like fences, but like the trellises or tapestries, decoration only. The visual effect of a space being out of view is all that's needed.

• Like 1

Great idea Tilda!  I have been using coffins as "pony walls" to give my spare beds some seperation, but the screens would be so much nicer.