Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

boat cave entrances

there are times when I just accept the nutty things we have to do in wurm, but today has been nothing but frustrating. Wasted hours of sailing, to get to a hunt that was just too laggy to function.  But what really gets me is the 2 hours of time I've been spending trying to stuff my knarr through cave canal entrances.

Some days is can slide right out and no disembarks, but most of the time it is stuck, disembark, the alts that disembark get bugged teleporting, log them out, log in, push/pull knarr, climb back on, try again.

Turn lag... trying to wiggle when stuck in an exit can sometimes get through, but because turn lag is so bad, you don't know how far you wiggled and suddenly your ship is stuck sideways in solid rock.

Is this considered a bug, or simply sloppy programming?  I'm tired and horribly annoyed. Forgive my tone, but come on people....

• Like 3

Is this considered a bug, or simply sloppy programming?

I don't remember caves being designed specifically for boats tunnels, it's just something us players have decided to do.

I can't make any sense out of that answer.

If it sometimes works, then it can be made to all times work.  If boats aren't supposed to go in caves, then block them.  If they are allowed to go in caves, then make it work.

I would like to see this addressed also.

It's majorly frustrating to be traveling with horses and have to drag a boat into a canal when it is perfectly fine sailing right out of the same entrance. Get on, lead the horses, beach on the entrance for no reason, disembark, break a leg, lead the horses, drag or push the boat into the canal cave, embark, grab the horses again, hope you dont get stuck for no reason again, and then do it all over at the exit or on the way back.

If logistics (boat travel) were made to be more simple, people might be more willing to leave their deed, explore, travel as merchants, etc.

What made it especially exciting, back in my younger/lower FS days was when re-embarking, horses un-lead and race off straight into the collection of mobs that have gathered around the cave entrance, attracted by myself and other players passing through.

So now I have 3 loose horses (I didn't have saddles back then), a mooring anchor in my inventory and mobs above my fight skill to contend with.

And a boat that is being stubbornly stuck due to a gale crosswind and a buggy cave entrance.

fun

you prolly know it but u can go on in on an angle and it helps