Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Shield Bashing tweak

I have 70+ shield bashing and in a small skirmish last night i managed to land 1 shield bash out of about 10-15. Revert these changes, they were fine how they were. Why you keep implementing these changes without testing, and an actual reason is beyond me. 

i'd recommend you to grind shield bashing. The fact that you targetted me and all i got was to about 50% from the whole fight was cute.

but good tactial playout guys, worked well.

As your good friend Zazz here has said I think you need to grind some shield bashing, because I like yourself have 70+ and hit about 1/10 shield bash. 

Edited by Egard

Oh my god i dont care? Drop the childish rubbish for once and grow up? 

This mechanic needs reverting, its absolutely absurd.

yup back to normal :) one can only hope Rolf tests things out first.

- and reverses the stupid archery/armor nerf that has reduced the viability of archery in pvp altogether. - unless your a fo priest and can oakshell yourself and run round naked of course ;p

I haven't tested much, but something seems off with blocking arrows with shields (can't block or something stupid like that).

"More random" is the last thing Wurm needs. For the future:

• Everything that removes and limits the effect of the RNG is a good thing.

Everything that increases the effect of the RNG is a very bad thing.

*cough* casting *cough*

I dont see why there's a 5 second delay in shield bash , i am not pushing the guy i am hitting him with my shield.

Way it is now , i feel like i need tell the mob to just stand there so i can bash him..

It's for PvP balance. Instant bashes or short timers would be blatantly overpowered. Shield bashing sucks against mobs; it generally gives you a one or two second stun at the most, even with high skill. Against players, you can get stuns in excess of ten seconds. Making that instant would break things more than this patch did.

IMO they should make bashing actually work on mobs for more than skill gain.

Edited by SotG_is_OP

what happened to being able to level shield bashing??

was that changed in some way?

another window?

used to be able to work at it on horses and other mobs.

Edited by Uberknot

what happened to being able to level shield bashing??

was that changed in some way?

another window?

used to be able to work at it on horses and other mobs.

I assume the difficulty formula has changed, hence the skillgain :)

Edited by Derp

Can only speak as a PVE player, but I am glad that I never really wasted my time with shields (or, for that matter, archery). 

All of these so called "fixes" are changing the functionality that everyone has been used to for years.... and I am failing to see the benefits from doing so. If this is an attempt at "realism", knock it off... we're playing a game with unicorns, magic, dragons and .

I assume the difficulty formula has changed, hence the skillgain :)

Its not even its changed its gone.....this must have happened in another update.

I have skilled other players using horses and bashing in the past.

Its not even its changed its gone.....this must have happened in another update.

I have skilled other players using horses and bashing in the past.

Are you using bred animals?

Those will give you 0 skill because reasons.

Bashing has turned into another big window.....so many time this happens.

Bashing has turned into another big window.....so many time this happens.

have you tried foals, pigs, pheasants, small creatures like those?

have you tried foals, pigs, pheasants, small creatures like those?

Foals are bred, so they don't give shield bashing skill ;)

• Like 1

You can have 70 shieldbashing and still struggle to get a bash on an average fighter because of how much body control and other factors affect the success rate and outcome. It's almost pointless now.

Why couldn't it have just stayed the way it was?

I'm with roman on this, shield bashing was fine as it was, why was it even changed in the first place?

think it was some people on Challenge that whined Redd

Exactly this and as much as I enjoy challenge changes to the main game shouldn't be made because of discoveries like what happens when everyone has 90 shield bashing and only 35 bc

Edited by Webba

Shield bashing could have used some changes, but not to this degree. I'm fine with getting rid of ten second bashes, but making bashing nearly impossible ruins the game and makes it impossible for newbies to get the skill (which is pointless since it doesn't work anyway).

I'm with roman on this, shield bashing was fine as it was, why was it even changed in the first place?

Can u let ur brain work for once?

I can understand that no one wants to be stunned over and over again during a fight if ganked. However, I would have done something with cooldowns instead. That way it will still be useful, if you plan your attack. Let's say you save that shieldbash for a special moment, or whatever.

Just throwing out an example.

*A player that was shieldbashed can not be bashed/stunned again for 30 seconds. (or the time it takes to shieldbash again, so it doesn't affect single combat 1v1)

Edited by Sharkin

I can understand that no one wants to be stunned over and over again during a fight if ganked. However, I would have done something with cooldowns instead. That way it will still be useful, if you plan your attack. Let's say you save that shieldbash for a special moment, or whatever.

Just throwing out an example.

*A player that was shieldbashed can not be bashed/stunned again for 30 seconds.

If he wants to make shield bashing less annoying, And throw a massive change into wurm, Instead of adjusting timers or chances, Should just make it so only 1 or two people can engage one person at a time. Similar to uniques but less players. 

Sign in to follow this