Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Shield Bashing tweak

Shield bashing should now work better. It is harder to bash heavier and fat creatures and defender body control also increases difficulty.

Dodging is now easier when you weight less and have less body fat.

Archery damage is now a bit more random.

I think the shield bashing changes are good, it's been one of those instances where it just became all you needed

Do I need to eat raw fish now? I thought fat = good. I exercise a lot for my caloric intake. Mining and cutting down trees by hand is a rough business. What about skill buffs for being high in nutrition? Skill debuffs for being low? Doesn't higher nutrition also not affect how fast you heal? So you have to give up all of these benefits to fight a chicken?

EDIT: Fasting until I am no longer fat is going to sink me into -5% skill gains (that are already painfully slow), totally remove any benefits of having Refresh unless that 99% nutrition is 100% fat-free, make me take forever to heal a bandaged and treated wound, and the chicken, going by some posts with their combat log, is going to be the king titan of the coop for hours before it dies of exhaustion.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 6

Do I need to eat raw fish now? I thought fat = good. I exercise a lot for my caloric intake. Mining and cutting down trees by hand is a rough business. What about skill buffs for being high in nutrition? Skill debuffs for being low? Doesn't higher nutrition also not affect how fast you heal? So you have to give up all of these benefits to fight a chicken?

Of course, being malnourished makes you more agile and quick to react.

• Like 2

Of course, being malnourished makes you more agile and quick to react.

Gollum's Raw Fish market opening near you soon!

• Like 1

The bashing seems to make sense and dodging for being overburdened with stuff, but NOT the body fat. 

UNLESS...

You change the whole FAT thing:  Make people FAT when they don't move from the same tile for a day or week or whatever time makes sense.  But if a character is staying well fed, refreshed, etc, but out mining all day, moving mountains, fighting, etc, there is no way you can consider them too chubby to dodge.  This is so senseless.

Fix it.

• Like 4

As funny as it is fighting against a dodging hen, it really breaks the game, so please revert/fix.

Also...

• Archery damage is now a bit more random.

why that? o.O That doesn't make sense.

Wurm Online is trying to solve world hunger. This isn't what we meant by "Wurm is life".

On other terms, how terrible is the archery change? I was never really a fan of random factors, but then again my priest only has 90+ effective channeling and a rare statuette that likely doesn't do anything.

• Like 1

Good way to grind mind speed for now... silver lining?

Invert disproportionally to accomplish the same without changing anything of fatty subcutaneous cell tissue infestations. Then this wouldn't get under anyone's skin without so much of it in the game. Skin, that is.

=Ayes=

What does mind speed do?

Far as I know it keeps your priest from exploding (Rolf said so at some point in the past or something). It's a useless skill from anything I can tell.

Far as I know it keeps your priest from exploding (Rolf said so at some point in the past or something). It's a useless skill from anything I can tell.

Hope they make it usefull then ;)

Maybe it your mind gets fast enough to out think and anticipate the dodging of a chicken, you can hit it!

If you are going to have lighter as better dodging then the best result shouldn't be at 0% but at 50%, well enough fed that you can respond quickly, light enough to move faster, any lighter and you go malnourished so slower responses, any heavier and well, heavier so slower.

The 50% is a blind stab in the dark, and could be tweaked for an optimal amount.

Anyways I would have thought fat as a proportion of total body weight, ie a ratio and not an absolute would be the way to go.

I need to load up on chicken grenades to keep those nogumps at bay.  :D

Has anyone dodged anything as a player since the patch, cant seem to dodge anything on the test server.

Sign in to follow this