Sign in to follow this  
Glomby

Fort Allery - Watching Deliverance from a vantage point

Hi Deliverance!

Today I want to share with you my "little" place in the southeast: Fort Allery. It's a member of the Serendipity Alliance, which has been around for some years now, taking care of Serendipity Peninsula. The deed is located on top of a mountain, encased between cliffs and a peat field. For the last year, I've been working hard to convert it in a real fort... some people say it's in fact a fortress.

Tough walls, steep slopes and an amazing view are Fort Allery's signature. Here are some pictures:

u85fECV.jpg

mNHGnFx.jpg

xoDfGsR.jpg

G3ZRdLE.jpg

The deed is divided between the fort itself and a farming area built in the mountainside, where you can watch the open sea between Deliverance and Xanadu while doing your farming chores:

2IzQA69.jpg

bSJJLe6.jpg

When you enter the fort, you are always surrounded by its walls and towers. However there's plenty of room so claustrophobia is not an issue! After going up a little more, you can find the 3 lateral terraces. One of them is currently unoccupied, but the other two are prepared to house a lot of animals. In the northern terrace, the soldiers of Fort Allery bravely stand guard against any danger threatening the Serendipity Peninsula from the North:

Twe9zPS.jpg

5vTM3ct.jpg

AgttiG7.jpg

D5nCNt7.jpg

ZjjQep5.jpg

ZG5GDDo.jpg

jcirSBv.jpg

Of course, no fort could be a real fort without its catacombs. The entrance is well defended, but only true worshippers of Magranon are safe underground. Rumours say the cult of Magranon has an underground temple devoted to the god of the rock.

WWULtow.jpg

wjHSnUF.jpg

But... the top tier awaits us. Inside the inner walls we can find the residence of the lord of Fort Allery along with the smithy, the cloth workshop and the Chapel of Vynora. There's even a small park designed by the famous wurmian Yaga, where the lord and the citizens can enjoy a break in their busy days. The lord's residence has an observation tower, converted into an Astronomy Tower where Yaga likes to perform his investigations about our solar system. He will come every few days from his deeds in the south to make his science.

mh3iKcA.jpg

UfCitue.jpg

DkFFoYJ.jpg

cmVJ7Oe.jpg

z8qrXhM.jpg

GLcMcGI.jpg

UHbtnGu.jpg

Yaga once made a drawing of the whole area you can see from the top of the observation tower, which I want to share with you here: http://i.imgur.com/qyMDqDc.jpg

Of course, a fort must be connected to provide supply lines for its citizens. Fort Allery has a harbour down the cliff. A road was made to reach sea level, a wonder of wurmian engineering called Tantalus Road, because the workers swear as they were getting lower, the sea seemed to keep moving away from them. Months  later, a second road was made, however, it's not safe for walking and can only be used while riding. Some people like to slide down from the top, even if it's dangerous... and so it was called "The Slide of the Gods".

lwQFiaf.jpg

tdZkbgx.jpg

UwLg8BR.jpg

w9SafSM.jpg

And this is the story of Fort Allery.

o3Mwuth.jpg

<RP mode off>

It has been very difficult to accomplish this. Sometimes I thought I would never end... but here we are! The deed is amazing, but it's quite big, even if the upkeep is not very high. I've had a lot of support from my allies. If you are nearby, come and check the wonderful view (but if you do, be careful! don't fall from the towers!). Deed can be found in N21. I want to make clear, I'm not looking to sell it, but of course, given a nice amount of money... we can talk about it XD I don't believe anyone would want to pay what it's worth, so... well, I just want to clarify I won't sell it for 50s... :P

Edited by Glomby
  • Like 14

Wow what a beautiful deed. I co-mayor a village on Chaos which has been caved out of a mountain, so i know just how much work you have put into this. Nice one :)

Free bump :)

Dam, definitely one of the nicest hilltop (or anywhere for that matter) deeds I've seen!

How long have you been working on it? I'm guessing a very long time...all that terraforming!

Thanks for your kind words!

Dam, definitely one of the nicest hilltop (or anywhere for that matter) deeds I've seen!

How long have you been working on it? I'm guessing a very long time...all that terraforming!

More than a year :)

I can only repeat what I already told you several times, Master Glomby: Fort Allery is awesome, definitely one of the most impressive deeds in all of Wurm!

And - to repeat myself once again: You must NEVER, NEVER sell it! Don't even think about it, mate! :P

• Like 1

Heh, thanks Yaga. You know I don't really want to sell... but if someone with enough money appears... I probably wouldn't be able to say no :P

Thanks! It's too big for my current playstyle, but I'm proud of it :)