Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Bridge Bug Testing on the TestServer

so they seems ready for release :D  atlast for me...

i test 2 wide and seems nice...

but sad i could not try out marble ones as well :S

Edited by RockyBalboa

Just enabled bridges to/from buildings, so please do test that.

Note on buildings you will find you may well get "Too Week" as a reason why you cant plan a wood or stone, the reason is that it requires a wall below the connection point.

For wood bridge any wall type will do, but for a stone bridge, it has to be a stone wall for the 2 floors below the connection point.  Reason is for support.

• Like 4

Rope bridge - land to building seems ok.

Wooden bridge - land to building seems ok.

Double wide stone bridge - land to building - You are dead.

Repro:

Climb up the building on test called Peanut Butter.  Walk along the seam between Peanut Butter And Jelly and you become Jam.  The other end of And Jelly where it meets land seems ok.

If you walk onto the tile border between the bridge and the building (any kind of bridge) you die.

This tile border I mean:

rHnRxmv.jpg

You can walk along the outside of bridges and get damage when you go back on land.

KTps72r.jpg

OtMpqoT.jpg

If you drag a cart under a bridge from top of the bridge it gets teleported up.

If you drag a cart on a bridge from under the bridge it teleports down.

If you ride from a bridge onto a building you get teleported down to the bottom of the building and can pass walls. My horse glitched away by this.

And I was trying to catapult a bridge, looks like catapults are broken on test server, just the ammo inside the catapult took damage and nothing else happened.

would be fun to test staircases as well   :D  seems same as ramp :D

i do testing now will report what i found in edit:

first problem i see.... everyone can plan bridge in your house without being guest or holding writings...

if u look at pile of items is not realy on bridge... still dont get image same as on land...   seems like is flying... 

110fyxj.jpg

when you walk from house on bridge is smooth,  when you rich end of bridge land, is small jump for 1slope... annoying still...   is same with land-bridge-land,,,,     house - bridge - house works smooth :D

walking here is not posible...  even if u can you get pushed in ground:

amdtz4.jpg

works smooth with wooden bridge :D   if u dont hit support on road or with boat in water :D

most of the time i get also that msg when planing from house to land...  there was nothing ofcorse lol

[00:30:35] You notice that there is not enough clearance for a bridge to be built here.

could be becose of 4 tiles bridge ... cant do it at all.. but 3 or 5 no problem

house to house testing:

house could be conected that way too :D

2chkt91.jpg

is strange that we can  also plan bridges thru windows :D  but cant plan bridges if below is doors

i try that as well ...house bridge house works like charm 

13ypls2.jpg

wild animals still cant walk on bridges.  

when you ride from land to bridge then to house you get teleported in bottom floor.   so no horses in 15th floor :S  this must be fixed or ppl will get stucked in other players houses, new way of trap.

below bridges could still make fances, roads with no problem as seen here:

2r6o4ud.jpg

but no option to make house or dig.

ALSO rotate floors works perfect

and that green thing on bridge is awesome!!  we need more of that

142d7gj.jpg

i hope i help out a bit   :D

Edited by RockyBalboa
  • Like 1

Retried rope, would and double stone.  You can die with all 3 at the seam between bridge and building.

Sometimes your corpse lands on top, sometimes it falls through to the bottom.

Walking sideways or back and forth quickly seems to make you autoslide to your death.

• Like 2

another day of testing:

as was told before [14:10:02] Ouch! That hurt!   you die when you walk from bridge-house.

when u fall out of bridge in case bridge is demaged or not finished jet... you dont get any dmg.  when you fall from 2nd floor high,  but from stone jump in water is death.

that could be also fixed  so you dont fall down thru holes,,, no problem with wood or stone bridge.

wkodx0.jpg

some new fance tape like this will suit nice with bridges :D

103c45f.jpg

there is also walk speed problem on  bridges, you are slower on foot then when you walk on dirt

• Like 1

Building/bridge seam is MUCH better today.  Land/bridge seam is a bit jarring, but non deadly.

Person holding the range pole - animation moves the pole constantly rather than holding still.

Climbing up ladders is a trip - assuming this will be addressed ;)

Edit:  There is also an invisible bridge preventing me from planning a new bridge near the spot. I was able to rebuild other bridges that were removed but not a wooden one. (All bridges disappeared with server reset)

The ability to plant lamps on bridge is blocked by the depth of water under a bridge (tested on a stone bridge). Getting "[15:45:10] The water is too deep to plant the lamp."

One of my testers logged off on a bridge yesterday.  With today's reset and the removal of those bridges, that character logs in and immediately falls into the center of the earth.

Nothing fixes her:

Logged out and back in.

Had GM move her to a different tile.

Had GM move her then kill her - her body surfaced on the tile but when she respawned at start, she immediately fell through the world again.

Had her swim while she was under the world then log out.

Tried logging her in on a different computer.

Her name is Bridgette in case a dev wants to take a look.

there are at least two other characters in exactly the same situation :(

If I fall down from a house my falling speed is maybe ~10-20% of normal one and I keep falling through the terrain until I'm inside water.

And I can go through some house walls, looks like some collisions are messed up.

Has lava been tested?

Would try it myself; however, dont have the ability to spawn lava on test, and didnt see a GM on lasttime.

if someone got time pls test next:

planting lamps on bridges

planting signs

Planting both lamps and signs on bridges over land appears to work - as does planting them under the bridge.

BUT planting on a bridge over water fails with "[12:17:50] The water is too deep to plant the small sign." once the water gets beyond a certain depth.

Has lava been tested?

Would try it myself; however, dont have the ability to spawn lava on test, and didnt see a GM on lasttime.

Earlier in this thread Jberg mentioned that bridges were enabled to be built over lava for testing, but will not (when it goes live, or perhaps even now) be able to be built over Lava. Building them over lava though caused the builder to take lava damage (Mag priests fine until favour ran out)

Has anyone tryed to build a bridge over a deed token?

May I ask why?

Its to stop you hiding the token in a support of a bridge.

Was easier to just disallow it than to wait till you had planned it the  work out where the supports would be, then say ... no.

[b]Feature being tested:[/b] Bridges
[b]Aspect tested:[/b] Collisions
[b]Test Process:[/b] Testing where you can and cannot walk on bridges
[b]Test Result:[/b] I can walk along the 'outside' of the rope bridge, looking like you float in the air.
[b]Unexpected Result?[/b] Y

34diebr.png

I have not been testing any since the server was wiped and my cornucopia was taken but wanted to know if you can build a bridge from within the same structure?  Like a catwalk kind of thing i guess but all in the same building. I know you use to get a warning about buildings but have not tested any on this new sever.  

I have not been testing any since the server was wiped and my cornucopia was taken...

Removal of the cornucopia makes it very frustrating to try and test, especially if items you need are not in the limited list available by r-click 'test'.

especially if items you need are not in the limited list available by r-click 'test'.

E.g. what?

well cut grass and clay spring to mind. but I much rather be gathering stuff on the live servers, rather than test - unless of course there is something about gathering that needs to be tested.

But the real frustration is that you can't get as many of a particular item you need for a task in one go, but need to get them in far smaller batches (10 or 4). So, it takes so much longer to do anything.