Sign in to follow this  
Lotus1

The Official Release/Pristine Impalong Info thread

Alright, given that we are approaching the date, I thought I might take this time to give everyone the lowdown on what's going on, how to get to the event, etc. :)

Where: Lotus Landing

The impalong is taking place at Lotus Landing. You can find it on the in game Release map at roughly i20 (out of game map X35, Y21). It is a market deed on the coast and easily accessible by boat. Large ships (larger than a knarr) are advised to sail in from the north side of the bay around i23 as the Bayview Canal to the south is too shallow for deeper vessels.

When: Dec 20 to 23, 26 to 29

If people arrive early we can possibly start a day early depending on the preparations.

What to bring?

Mostly yourself! Please note that a lot of things have happened recently in real life in our alliance, so we are not as prepared as we were hoping, but things are still looking very positive. If you wish to help out by bringing a few materials for your own imping that's great, but we will also have materials on site. :)

Here are a few more pointers:

- Only 1 item of each per person will be imped. A full armour set of different types can count. What I mean by this is you're more than welcome to put all of your personal items in to be imped. We just don't want one person throwing in 10 swords, 10 pickaxes, etc. Those items will be removed from the forge if seen.

- This is a market deed and there are stalls still available. You are more than welcome to place a merchant at the market.

- There is an inn to sleep in. This will mostly be for the people imping; however, it will be open to the public.

- Permissions will be handed out on a trust basis. Please do not beg to be added to certain buildings. Select people will have permissions in the festival building. Finished items in the impalong building will need to be requested to be handed back to the owner if they are moved in any way, but most should be able to be picked up by the original owner.

- There is a cathedral; however, the sermon site will be located on top of the festival building. This means that sermons will include everyone else (or more people) inside of the building below for maximum faith gain.

- Items which are turned rare from imping still belong to the original owner. Think of them as extra special Christmas gifts. ;)

If I think of more, I will continue to update this. Thank you everyone for your help and cooperation in this great event! I look forward to the fun times ahead. :)

Edited by Lotus1
  • Like 3

I'm really looking forward to impalong this year!  I also want to add some information.

Item QL:

Some imping materials such as steel are hard to get. It is a waste of steel to imp items that are very low ql.

Some items cannot be imped (such as compasses) and some don't need to be imped to high ql (such as bridles, satchels, backpacks).

We have very busy impers, please don't take advantage of our volunteers by bringing everything you own or many items on multiple alts. We are going to start limiting folks who do this.

Cost:

The imps to your items are FREE. But they are limited to 70 ql and personal items.

Enchanting:

There will also be priests who might be willing to enchant your items. If you want items enchanted, keep in mind that:

*priests might try a second go if the first cast on your item is low. If you want a guaranteed high cast you'll need to pay to have this done before or after the Impalong

* there is always a chance that an item will shatter during the attempt. It's the chance you take anytime you get something enchanted. The priests and Impalong organizers are not responsible for shattered items.

*in addition to putting your name on your item, you also need to label it with the enchant you would like

Items:

Please drop your items in the appropriately labeled containers at the Festival Building.

Remember to label all of your items with your name. Unnamed items will not be imped.

If you bring your alts it is possible that all of their items will not be imped. Items not imped will be returned to the owners.

Edited by MissWilc
  • Like 4

just a correction on your rules,in most cases the person that dropped the item can take it back,and only in rare occasions theyll need someone with permissions to hand it to them.

• Like 1

Updated. Thanks for the clarification Tpikol.

Also added a pointer on rare items.

I dumped some logs in crates named appropriately in the festival building. Can get more if needed.

• Like 1

Found them, thanks Bodge :)

I put the crates in the woodworking room. I'm also going to put some coffins for holding items. I'll let the woodworkers decide how the room needs to be actually be set-up.

I'm not sure how much of the event I'll be able to make, due to work commitments, but I'll be bringing a baby Vy and Mag priest for sermoning.  Neither of them has the necessary to cast stuff on their own, but they'll happily act as batteries for enchantment providers.

• Like 1

i sailed there yesterday and il be helping with whatever i can before and during the impalong.

• Like 1

Hello all :)

A group of us will be coming over, maybe as soon as tonight, if not, sometime tomorrow.

A few of us are skilled enough to help at the low end of imping... if it's possible, can you add:

AbbyNormal - Carpentry ~45, Fine Carp ~25, Blacksmithing ~20, Shipbuilding ~25.

Kyleshandra - 20-25 Tailoring, Shipbuilding ~20

Kindashandra - ~20-25 Ropemaking, Shipbuilding ~20

Krisstofer - ~50 Carpentry

Dafantius - Hoping to be a shiny new Fo Priest in time, would like to help and learn wherever possible

Xaviour

Percefonie

Looking forward to the trip and enjoying the festivities.

Can bring some supplies at the lower end if needed, please message AbbyNormal in game.  Iron to about 30-33QL, Logs to about 20-25QL.  Tar and clay also possible.

With a little notice could probably bring some copper/lead/slate.  

Also, is there anyone attending who can bring for us to pickup ~ 1K cotton, 1K Wemp, 1K veggies?  Will pay the standard 1s/k.  We should be arriving in our very first Corbita :)  [if we can get it through the canal! hehehe]

I would advise coming into the bay from the north rather than the Bayview Canal if you're coming via Corbita. It's a lot of pushing otherwise. ;)

Thanks :)  We'll have enough of that at our end... only way out of our lake is a canal!  Build's big muscles when you push an entire ship, right? hehehe

Due to unforeseen circumstances I will not be attending.

Best wishes and happy imping to all.

The Impalong sermon group has started. Bring your new or veteran priests. Conversions to follower or priest available.

Be sure to announce yourself to the group when you arrive so you can be put on the sermon list. NInja preachers will be drawn and quartered.

The sermons are on the 3rd floor of the Festival Building.

I've been working on some shinies that i'd like to donate for you guys to give away as prizes as you see fit...

MPJZebD.jpg

If you could let me know who to mail them too i'll get them sent asap, otherwise i'll bring them with me when i sail down tomorrow \o/

• Like 1

the impalong its now,a bunch of people here already and the imping started too

Would like to add William also managed to recieve the first rare.

Would like to add William also managed to recieve the first rare.

the greedy bastard!!!

The tarsis bunch arrived last night. Most of us weren't able to stay too long but I'm already impressed at the wonderful attitude and hard work being done! I'll be back tonight and I know some of the crowd is there now for their very first Impalong!

Thanks to all the workers!

And Williamsmith just got a rare wool hat. He really needs to be careful on his way home :)

Several people have dropped items without naming them. We can't imp them until you claim and name them.

Some have also asked for enchants without naming the enchant, so be sure to take care of that ASAP.

Really good first day, so much stuff imped already and a really good atmosphere. Also the rares, so many rares. Thanks guys.

Edited by Bodge

Wow, what a great turnout so far. I want to thank all of the folks who came to imp, brought mats, donated prizes, and patiently waited for their items to be finished. You all rock!

Wilca