Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Strongwall - Mine floor

I am not sure this is a bug but there is no way to use the strongwall spell on mine floors to support them it always just collapses the tile unless i am doing somthing wrong.   

Since that is the way strongwall is used to collapse tiles, I don't think its a bug that you can't reinforce floors that way.

'

I understand that and said it was not really a bug but i feel we should be able to use the spell to support floors like we can walls so it seemed like a game mechanic issue and was posted here. 

Edited by Kegan

It was never intended to work as such. This is a suggestion, not a bug

It was never intended to work as such. This is a suggestion, not a bug

Where does it say that at?

Edited by Kegan

Its understandable, but then you would have lots of situations where its impossible to collapse certain tiles due to visibility.

Where does it say that at?

Strongwalling came before reinforced floors, the only mechanics are to cast on a floor tile which collapses the tile. The fact there is no option to reinforce the floor suggests it is not a feature, thus not bugged.

Well lets let them decide then if they say we can not support floors with the spell then so be it. 

Make strongwall to cave in a tile have to be cast on the roof, then. Kind of makes more sense that way anyways

Edited by Aetherwalker

Make strongwall to cave in a tile have to be cast on the roof, then. Kind of makes more sense that way anyways

I thought about that but the only trouble there is the entrance to the mine has no ceiling so the only way i can see it working would be a submenu with like (collapse/reinforce) as options on floor tiles.  

Edit:  Well the entrance floors can not be supported so they could use that for the entrance but it would still give mixed signals if the entrance was the only one that used the floor so seems the sub menu would work best. 

Edited by Kegan

Well lets let them decide then if they say we can not support floors with the spell then so be it. 

This is a suggestion, not a bug

Do I need to repeat myself?

Well why do you care so much?  if you feel so strongly about it then by all means hit the report button and ask for it to be moved but to ME i feel it is a game mechanic problem/oversight and needs fixed so was posted here. 

This is not a bug, can be used to grief entire mine systems in no time, it sucks if u can't collapse a tile anymore.

This is not a bug, can be used to grief entire mine systems in no time, it sucks if u can't collapse a tile anymore.

Edited by Kegan

This is for sure more a suggestion as strongwall was out before floor reinforcement.  Maybe something like an option of reinforce floor would be handy.

Moved to suggestions.

Not  if you're "growing" more stone from the floor up to the ceiling.  ;-)