Sign in to follow this  
Lycanthropic

Rare Sprouts

"You have a moment of inspiration"

... rare grapewood sprout

Another sac item for now, but what of making it a bit more usefull?

When planting a rare/supreme/fantastic sprout, the tree/bush, it turns in to a rare/... tree/bush and does the following:

Rare trees/bush = harvestable every 24 hours (all year long)

Supreme tree/bush = harvestable every 12 hours (all year long)

Fantastic tree/bush = harvestable every 6 hours (all year long)

* Not talking about sprouts as "harvestables" (for the 1-every-x-hours), but all the other things you can harvest from a tree/bush (maple juice, grapes, walnuts, ...).

* QL of the harvest is still based on the same skills/ql of tools like it is now, nothing changes about that.

* At their normal growth stages, you can still pick sprouts, but they wont have chance to be rare (to refrain from farming more rare sprouts from rare trees), only non-rare trees will give the normal chance of rare like they do now.

* would offcourse only work with trees that produce stuff (so it wont include birch, pine, oak, willow, cedar and fir)

Balance part of the suggestion:

It kinda balances itself out, due to rares being, well, "rare".

* By the time you have collected a field of rare grape sprouts, some time (and silver, should you buy them from other people) will have passed, making it not an instand limitless supply of resources.

* You have to farm them each day to get the benefit from the being "harvestable all year long"

* Supreme and fantastic sprouts are even rarer, making the fields of supreme grapes/olives even less likely and thus making the 12/6hour rule balanced.

* wildgrowth makes sprout farming allot easier, but if the rare chance is still 1/hour, then it doesnt matter much if you harvest 10 or 100 sprouts/hour

* could stimulate people to keep more trees around and pick sprouts every now and then, in hope of finding a rare (or better one) to sell on the market (who knows, could make Wurm "greener" in the proces :P) (if they are more interested in the coin then the 1 grape each day)

Thats it, I tried to include some thoughts on the balance of it all.

I'm not sure how big everybodies rare collection of sprouts is, but I gathered around 7 in the years the rare-system is ingame XD (only 2 of those are harvestable :P), so yeah, my rare garden would exists of a rare walnut and a rare grapebush, but hey, it might be a start of something nice :D

(PS: Does the rare-suggestion topic still exist somewhere? or is that one archived? It might have been suggested before, but I didnt find much (at least not with "rare sprouts" "sprout")

• Like 1

A guy made a fantastic fruit press with a fantastic sprout. :P

I liek the season how they are and that most things are not available all the time. 

Also is one tree (or maybe 10 if someone gets a bunch) not very useful. Sure you can get a fruit per day (or more often) but that's not really worth it in my eyes.

Yup, true, but it has a little bit of more use then, when now just saccing it for refresh (or fruitpressmaking).

I would most certainly aim to collect lots of rare sprouts, I'd even have a few coppers/silvers to spare for buying some from other players.

All in all, just a suggestion for a unique use of the rare sprouts (besides the standard refresh and possibility to turn unfinished item rare), guard towers get an extra guard, ships/cart gain some speed, tools gain some durability, .... Rare sprous deserve some extra love to ;)

Edited by Lycanthropic

Maybe they could keep the seasonal aspect but instead have a longer window to harvest and more harvests/higher ql harvest.

I'd say keep it seasonal but give a large bonus to the amount harvestable (5x for rare, 10x for supreme, 20x for fantastic).

A nice bonus would also be for rare lumber trees to give this bonus amount of wood.

I like the idea of making rare sprouts a little more useful, but harvestable trees all year long seems too much. Maybe this:

Maybe they could keep the seasonal aspect but instead have a longer window to harvest and more harvests/higher ql harvest.

I can live with that to :)