Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 47

LssNW47L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Another weekly update closer to the exciting release.

We have now set a release date we are aiming for.

10th of December!

It is getting so very close and everyone is hard at work.

So let us dive right into it and

Share some News!

Bridges

Bridge1s.jpg

Click Image for Larger Version

Most things are starting to fall into place for the bridges and we now have a test team working closely with devs putting everything thoroughly to the test.

Bugs are being addressed as we find them but functionality right now is looking very promising.

Both in terms of building bridges between points in the landscape, buildings and from buildings to land.

This was announced earlier but I can now confirm that stone and wooden bridges will still be able to be built several tiles wide.

Currently they are set at a maximum of Rope 1, Wood 2, Rock 3 tiles width.

Restrictions are being put in place so that they can not be used in griefing purposes or unforeseen pvp exploits.

Bridge2s.jpgBridge3s.jpg

Click Images for Larger Versions

Challenge

Today I want to share some of the things currently worked on for the Challenge launch.

I do not have work in progress shots of quite everything yet but I think you will enjoy it non the less.

Bear in mind that this is all work in progress and implementation and details may change.

Magic Turret

magicTurret_render_02s.png

The Magic Turret is as its name implies a magical defensive structure.

It will defend your land and structures against other kingdoms.

There will be several versions of this tower with different elemental attacks such as acid, fire etc which will have different benefits against different armors.

The turret is not going to be able to take much damage but it adds a new level of strategy to your defenses.

Archery Tower

The archery tower also has similar functionality like the magic turret but instead shoots ordinary arrows.

It will aesthetically have similarities with the ordinary guard tower but will instead be made of wood and is therefore much easier to destroy.

There is also going to be a limitation on how close they can be built in proximity to each other.

Spike Barrier

ChevalDefrises.png

The spike barrier is a new type of fence which will not have collisions so you can pass through it.

It will however give damage to those who come to close.

Siege Shield

SiegeShields.png

This is in its functionality very similar to a moveable wall.

It clips to tile borders but is rotatable and pushable to aim an advance on enemy lines.

It defends those behind it whilst still giving you the ability to fire arrows at enemies.

This makes makes an offensive force more versatile when attacking a heavily defended position both in terms of enemy players.

Trebuchet

A structure with functionality much like the catapults but with much greater damage.

It is a stationary structure so it will have to be built at a strategic position.

The trebuchet needs to be controlled by a player to fire.

Ballista

A fearsome weapon with high armor penetration which can be used both for offense and defence.

Its placement will be stationary but it is movable by carts to set up a new line of fire.

The ballista will need to be controlled by a player to fire.

Beauty of Battle

ErikN has been progressing steadily this last week with solving the issue of proximity to targets and played animations.

He knows how it needs to be tweaked and it is now a matter of going through all the creatures to implement it.

Statuettes

statuetteLibila.png

As promised, the other statuettes are getting a makeover as well.

Well needed and pleasing to the eye!

statuetteMagranon.png

That will be all for this week Wurmians.

I hope you are getting as excited as I am!

And you know what to do until next time right?

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 33

The statuettes look great! And I even like the look of the magic turret, but I am guessing we won't see those on freedom :)

+10000000000000000000000000

Second!

Edited by lelovito
  • Like 1

Oh oh oh - I think I have been sort of very patient. It has been almost a year, so when are the TBA parts on the planning screenshot from week 2 (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/93866-news-update-work-and-progress-week-2/) going to be announced?

I am hoping so insanely much for the marble option that WoX had mentioned before any serious bridge info had been released. (And it has absolutely nothing to do with the 40+ marble veins we exposed at our first deed *practises innocent look*).

This new challenge server seems like a lot of fun i hope you guys are thinking about making some commentary videos that show some of the action that unfolds. Seems like a lot of fun and will help promote the new challange server on like YouTube but if you guys are not going to do something i hope someone from the larger groups does.

Edit:  I am likely to play there for a little while but i am not a pvp player so will not likely stay that long but would love to see videos on the battles for sure.  

Edited by Kegan

I'd still like to hear word on whether or not any of the new PvP elements will make it into the existing pvp servers (chaos / epic). :(

• Like 2

I've seen it said that the war machines will be part of the other PvP servers. Not sure about the special towers.

• Like 4

Those big stone bridges are going to be dynamite for promoting the game. Maybe that's why Rolf and co. have pushed so hard to get them working.

• Like 1

All of these new things are just looking so cool, I don't even care what they do(I do, but), they look amazing. Great update, great work, more Wurm!

• Like 1

Can we get any word on how priesthood will work on this new server? Not enough time to get high faith. Will we be able to pray every 20 minutes with no restriction of 5 per day or will we get high faith (70+) when priesting? Or won't there be any use of priests at all! :)

• Like 1

I like what I see :D +1

I must say the spike barrier would look pretty awesome on my freedom deed. Please think about it if you cant give the freedom servers some of the stuff (turret, spike barrier) just for the looks.

Interior decoration options have grown allot bigger since of late, but some exterior stuff would be cool to (turrets could even simply act as lamps on freedom cluster Fire=red, Acid=green, Frost=Blue, Lightning=White,....)

Edit: this offcourse after a while tho, wouldnt mind waiting a year, so the Challenge/pvp servers get the first exclusivity

Edited by Lycanthropic

Im goin to roll up to hota one day, plop4of those siege shields down and laugh while the horses fall.

• Like 1

yay, bridges!  also, yay serious testing before rolling out to live!

This new challenge server seems like a lot of fun i hope you guys are thinking about making some commentary videos that show some of the action that unfolds. Seems like a lot of fun and will help promote the new challange server on like YouTube but if you guys are not going to do something i hope someone from the larger groups does.

Edit:  I am likely to play there for a little while but i am not a pvp player so will not likely stay that long but would love to see videos on the battles for sure.  

If it was up to me I'd give them youtubers like Emoo, MIlosanx a temporary GM or godmode char on that new server, so they can use it to fly around with and make cutscenes to upload.

• Like 1