Sign in to follow this  
Enderly

Building Door Managements

So i was skimming around the forum and didnt really see this suggestion. I did see some sorta liek this but not exzactly. Here is my idea.

I think we should get door management perms for house doors, very similiar to mine doors. I know of a few people who are working on specail projects like INNs and community town hallls. But cant really manage it as they would like. As it stands right now the only think people can do is be added to a Writ of a building. Which gives them access. My idea would be to make them not be able to enter cetin rooms of that building unless they have their name added to the door. Very similar to the mine door. This could help people make single writ buildings and still be able to assign players parts of that building. In fact take this as an example.

My current deed has a town hall. In fron of my town hall there is a 2x3 area of nothing but arches. and inside those arches are fences. I use this area for community storage. The only roblem wit this is i have to add them access to my writ to use the items in the arch section of the building. Doing this allows them access to the inside of the house as well, (even if locked) and this i do not want. I could see giving access tio a door by using keys like a gate. But i feel that could get a tad annoying with people losing their keys. So id suggest using thee same System as the Mine door, where u can actually assign a name. Also perhaps adjust the current Writ system so insead of needing them on your friends list. You could just add their name to the writ, like the mine door.

In conclusion I feel this would open so many more possibilities for players to customize their deeds more freely and create more creative builds. Maybe even possibilities for like Player owned Rooms of an INN, or whatever. I can see how making it so they control a room can be difficult to adjust. seeing as the writ gives currently access to whole house and not sub sections of it. But allowing door management liek mine doors, You could give as many people access to your writ as you want. BUt certin rooms still wont be able to enter because of the Door lock. I havent played on any PVP server to know how this would affect Lock picking and stuff. But im sure it could be adjusted to allow lock picking to bypass the doors or something.

So what are your opinions on this? Give a +1 If you agree. Maybe Devs and GMs will read this and add it soon. :)

Please keep this post flame free.

This was mentioned a long time ago as something the dev team would look into. Being able to manage writs on a per door basis, I mean. Never heard anything more and it was initially talked about over a year or two ago.

+1

Well lets hope they take it into consideration this time. Could help with deeds that have a lot of Members on it. Help us mayors manage it better. From what i can see its already possible to make doors with access perms. Since they do it with mine doors. All they would really have to do is make it for house doors too. Could also be nice if u say want to give them acess to house, but not let them touch anything. Sorta like museum style or something :)

Make gate fance lock it and make copy of key for person that could use it.... also dont forget add it to guest on house so he can pick up

that would be nice if u could add gates inside a structure. Which u cant O.o

[18:01:50] You cannot place a fence where a structure exists.

Edited by Enderly