Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

A secure trade idea but it needs a removed thing back...

This is for when you would rather keep the game money as it wouldn't work for an RTM.

I read about sending the account details via the real world postal service but we have something as good in the game. We just need giftwrap back to do this.

You write the details on a parchment, wrap it named to the buyer, mail it COD for you amount. They must accept the COD to get the wrap to open to get the details. They get their details securely and you get paid. There must be a server log of the item being mailed, when it was mailed, that it was received. In short, a paper trail verifiable by if not GMs then by Devs.

Suggestion #2 that requires a new object. A certified parchment sealed to the name of the receiver that only that person can open and read.

The point is that is must be opened outside of the mailbox so no one but the intended recipient can get the mail and no one but the intended recipient can open the letter.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

Allowing and facilitating are two different things. I think it is cool that the prior is part of Wurm, but the latter is wasted dev time.

Allowing and facilitating are two different things. I think it is cool that the prior is part of Wurm, but the latter is wasted dev time.

If we can get a simpler solution than going to external sites, one that can be tracked in game, it would be an asset. I doubt the OP is asking for facilitating this service, just a way for players to get an in game way to track their alt trades for the time being.  Turning giftwraps back on and perhaps making the wrapping decay within a week could be a solution until an in house auction could be developed.

If we can get a simpler solution than going to external sites, one that can be tracked in game, it would be an asset. I doubt the OP is asking for facilitating this service, just a way for players to get an in game way to track their alt trades for the time being.  Turning giftwraps back on and perhaps making the wrapping decay within a week could be a solution until an in house auction could be developed.

Rolf was already quite clear on not having enough dev power to come up with some form of in-game auction house.  Also, you're being naive.  A third-party website that encourages rulebreaking in games is a far better option.  They promised they'd handle it in a morally acceptable way so it must be true.  What you're asking for will just set Wurm back.

*grin*

I would not think it to be too hard to repurpose giftwrap into a certified letter. It's not an auction house full of NPC barkers watching bids and timers, which Rolf said they have neither the time nor money to make right now, but it's not outside the game either. It's a piece of digital parchment with a password on it in the form of the recipient's name, just like giftwrap worked, that only that person can open to be mailed so that the transaction details can be exchanged for payment via COD, a system that already exits. It's seems to me a fairly simple solution to a need that has most of the components already in place or previously coded to work the way this would work.

Also, I would think that anything that is done inside the game to improve the game from within would be a valuable use of dev time. I mean, isn't that what we have devs for?