Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

There are apparently no coins in the coffers at the moment.

No, epic fail was something else

(and I am not sure that epic was even a fail after all). 

I don't think the sell feature should be premium only but i do think that there should be two pools one for premium players with higher payouts for the items and one for f2p with more restrictions to stop the alt army selling items,  (i also suggest the premium pool have a daily cap instead of the hourly one) 

Why? So that you'd easier be able to pay for your premium via in-game means and never have to use your RL money on premium? I'm pretty sure that very reason is exactly why premium players aren't favored in this system. If you're already premium and high-skilled most things are easier to do i.e. you'd be able to gather up a lot more corpses a lot faster than someone who just started playing. There's no reason why you should get more stuff for "free" (meaning via re-distributed money) than that person, you already have the premium perks which you pay for.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

On the other hand, adding another perk to premium play gives more incentive to stay premium/playing.

As it is currently it's very much welfare, with any old newb getting a handout for doing... pretty normal stuff, for a newb. Foraging and botanizing is about as "low level" an activity as it's possible to think of.

Now, if they could then buy 20c worth of premium at a time, maybe that'd be reasonable and enough of a lure to keep them playing, but as it is, I expect those coins are often going to be "wasted" when those players find them.

• Like 2

Why? So that you'd easier be able to pay for your premium via in-game means and never have to use your RL money on premium? I'm pretty sure that very reason is exactly why premium players aren't favored in this system. If you're already premium and high-skilled most things are easier to do i.e. you'd be able to gather up a lot more corpses a lot faster than someone who just started playing. There's no reason why you should get more stuff for "free" (meaning via re-distributed money) than that person, you already have the premium perks which you pay for.

Well think about it for a second here... how is putting a daily cap instead of an hourly one any different other then me waiting for hours to get the same thing done?  

The way it is now you could get 1s 20c if you sell every hour for your 5c cap what i am expecting there to be is maybe a 20-50c daily cap on it instead for premium players so we can get our cap and move on to the next thing for the day.  Right now things are fine we all have extra junk around we are selling but once that is gone it will be harder than you think to get items to sell anyway but i just don't want to spend all day selling items every hour i want to get my daily cap done and move on. 

As far as my premium i pay that from the shop and have for years even though i would not have to just to support the game. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

So now we're sitting around a conferene table deciding what "the right way" to spend the corpse selling coins and the rare coins is?

The truth is that they're from the same pool that people abused traders for in order to be able to sit and fart on and be able to play for free and the only difference now is that you actually have to work for the money. Lots of the old trader abusers are against this change because now they atually don't get first dibs on the recirculation distribution. It was never a matter of "giving perks to premium players", it was about allowing an abusable feature to let people play for free going because the devs were intimidated by the storm of hatred they received everytime they mentioned wanting to change it. You think everyone paid 50s for their trader and deserved the payout? They didn't, all s10 and above deeds used to come with a free trader (because at the time people hadn't discovered the abuse to such an extent) and lots of those are still standing. Find and snatch one, make it earn you money and buy more traders with that money. Even if you  bought one for 50s you could immediately drain back more than half of that and earn the rest back pretty much straight away.

At least this way some of the other people have a chance to dip into the money pool that consists of everyone's collective payments. I wouldn't mind tbh if the money redistribution just stopped, but this is by far the better alternative to traders.

Kegan: Maybe you pay from the shop, but then what is the problem? The token selling of corpses has never been a very profitable endeavour and was almost like a joke when it was announced as a way to dip into the recirculation pool.

• Like 1

Kegan: Maybe you pay from the shop, but then what is the problem? The token selling of corpses has never been a very profitable endeavour and was almost like a joke when it was announced as a way to dip into the recirculation pool.

Well i pay my upkeep with in-game coins and i am dropping my trader deeds since they seem to not be working now the way i manage them.  So i want to use this new feature to help offset my upkeep cost some and sell my junk too... but don't want to spend hours doing it i want to get my daily cap done and move on.  

i am dropping my trader deeds since they seem to not be working now the way i manage them

Newsflash: This is a good thing. Trader deeds don't generate any income for the game sine they're always paid for with recirculated money. Quite the opposite atually, they lock lots of space on the server causing them to become crowded sooner thus speeding up the need for new land.

Newsflash: This is a good thing. Trader deeds don't generate any income for the game sine they're always paid for with recirculated money. Quite the opposite atually, they lock lots of space on the server causing them to become crowded sooner thus speeding up the need for new land.

Well they still work people are getting 8s or more on them but you have to play on that deed (have a premium player around) i think...will to be honest i don't know what is going on with mine but i am not getting anything off them and have no idea why.

I am moving over to Xanadu now anyway and don't want to mess with it anymore but i do feel the same as you that the trader system is flawed. That is why i am a little put off as to why you keep pushing me when it seems we have the same mindset, lol   

Edited by Kegan

That is why i am a little put off as to why you keep pushing me when it seems we have the same mindset, lol

An ongoing trend in your suggestions is to change the game in a way that would make you profit more from it. Your suggestions are seldom aimed at improving gameplay or the fun factor and that is why I'm "pushing" you. It's not a personal thing because I have nothing against you as a person, we just have very different views regarding which way the game should be heading.

• Like 1

The whole coin distribution mechanic is just not needed. 

All this new system is doing is making a different group of players grind a different set of skills for the same lop-sided results.

Come on, let's just get rid of this whole headache and simplify and make it fair for every player.   Players (ALL players) should pay premium for premium toons.  All deeds should be paid with game silver earned from either game-shop purchases or buying/selling/trading.  

I keep saying it and saying it.  This is going to fail and fail BIG.  Wait and see.

lots of people keep buying deeds of them and don't drain back the money, ratio must be great.

Deed forms' coin don't stay in the trader.

I have said i am fine with no money redistribution BUT if that was the case then the upkeep needs to be cheaper because we are already paying enough with premium that we don't need more added cost without some kind of offset.

If we are going to have a redistribution system then the sell feature is a much better system for sure. We can actually sell our stuff to an npc like any other game out there.  Now there is going to be players that don't want to take part in the sell system and want it removed but at least with it you have to put in effort to get the coins and it can not be exploited plus offers more rewards to everyone not just the ones with traders.

Also don't get the sell feature confused with the new rare coin system the rare coin one is just a give away feature and should be removed..imo

Edited by Kegan

what sucks is that sell to token hasn't been working all that long on xanadu, if you remember. traders were broken since day one on xanadu and that only compounded the issues of not being able to sell to tokens. one was left either using a private trader on another server if so lucky/ fortunate, or buying from the shop/ players to gain silver's... unless you had skills to play the market.

I have neither of that so spent my time scavenging old servers for sellables and selling junk to tokens on other servers.

thanks Rolf for rebreaking a broken system that was satisfyingly limping along slowly.

if you can't fix the trader system at least repair the token selling. or F it and just give out 20s to a random player every couple of days.

if you can't fix the trader system at least repair the token selling. or F it and just give out 20s to a random player every couple of days.

You seem to forget that Rolf is recirculating a portion of the silver, not giving out free silver.

If there isn't any funds to give out, it is because the portion of what is paid in that gets recirculated has already been given out,

I think it is all going well tbh. The only people complaining seem to be people that are trying to grind it and being bit by the RNG, and the same old crowd of vocal trader farmers that feel threatened because someone else is getting "their" money (nice entitlement issues  :rolleyes: ). No system is perfect and this shouldn't be the last change/addition to the redistribution mechanic. We need more vectors to get the money into the system.

• Like 3

Folks seem to forget rolf can just generate silver/gold coins out of thin air, the fact we resell it  (I use the we broadly here) for actual currency is of secondary importance/value.

• Like 1

You seem to forget that Rolf is recirculating a portion of the silver, not giving out free silver.

If there isn't any funds to give out, it is because the portion of what is paid in that gets recirculated has already been given out,

agreed and not saying it's a gift. it's money from a pool designated to be reintroduced into the community. I am saying the method of introduction is flawed. this is akin to welfare allocations being dished out on a first come basis... first one in line gets it all. that does not work, in any point of opinion.

Working with 5 traders myself, for the record.

I'm not overly upset witht he new rare system, it's a half way decent idea. I do wish it was better balanced so that traders were still semi useful. Time will tell really.

I find it funny that I killed 19 crocs, 4 bears, 3 hellhounds, and nearly 10 scorpions... got nothing... yet a friend kills a random mountain lion after logging in and bam 1 rare silver. RNG? No, some people just can't have nice things :(

Working with 5 traders myself, for the record.

I'm not overly upset witht he new rare system, it's a half way decent idea. I do wish it was better balanced so that traders were still semi useful.

They are useful, they still work perfectly fine for the purpose they are supposed to serve.

This new rare coin distribution system is nice because it gets players actually playing the game and also rewards those who would be doing these activities even if there were no rare coins associated with it. Yes, since it is now so universal to all players who participate in these activities, it will reduce the amount of coins available from draining Traders and also Token sales of items. This is another plus associated with the rare coin drops.

It will also be harder to track this rare coin drop system, since it will be random across all the player base, many of whom will have no interest in commenting upon these forums about it. The results will mainly be inferred from comments made by others as to their reduced payouts from Traders and Token sales. Taking their bias of favoritism to these other methods of obtaining coins, I would not place too high a value upon their statements made concerning this situation.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

This new rare coin distribution system is nice because it gets players actually playing the game and also rewards those who would be doing these activities even if there were no rare coins associated with it. Yes, since it is now so universal to all players who participate in these activities, it will reduce the amount of coins available from draining Traders and also Token sales of items. This is another plus associated with the rare coin drops.

It will also be harder to track this rare coin drop system, since it will be random across all the player base, many of whom will have no interest in commenting upon these forums about it. The results will mainly be inferred from comments made by others as to their reduced payouts from Traders and Token sales. Taking their bias of favoritism to these other methods of obtaining coins, I would not place too high a value upon their statements made concerning this situation.

=Ayes=

Lol, so when I just happen to love the new system, you better not pay attention to my opinion then, right? I mean since I have a trader and actually like draining that one too. Or can my opinion only be disregarded if it is not the same as yours?

And what happened to your dislike of subsidising other peoples play? Is it only certain people you dislike subsidising? Like the ones who had to buy into the system to receive anything? And what happened to your concern for Rolf's finances? He is not getting any money upfront from players who wish to participate in the new system after all... shouldn't you be even more concerned now???

Oh well, no matter what - I actually do like this system. And I love the randomness of it.

Lol, so when I just happen to love the new system, you better not pay attention to my opinion then, right? I mean since I have a trader and actually like draining that one too. Or can my opinion only be disregarded if it is not the same as yours?

Yes, generally I disregard posts like yours as they are focused towards perpetuating arguments. I have already covered the additional points you mentioned as well in a clear manner without your distortments.

Don't know why you are focused upon me now but you will get nowhere trying to egg me on into endless repetitions of my points made by your pretending to not understand them. Strange that you are this upset...

*shrugs*

=Ayes=