Sign in to follow this  
Thorakkanath

[Xanadu] Thor's Imping Service [TIS]

UPDATE: new payment options

Hello dear Wurmians,

I am not sure how successful this idea will be but I am giving it a try...let's see how it goes.

I am offering an mail-in imping service. I will explain the process in three easy steps:

Step 1

Spoiler

You have a blacksmithing*, carpentry** or fine carpentry*** tool that is lower than 70 or 75ql that you would like improved

*Blacksmithing tools accepted are (only made out of iron): 

Awl, File, Hammer, Hatchet, Leather knife, Metal brush, Needle, Rake, Pickaxe, Saw, Scissors, Shovel, Small anvil, Stone chisel, Trowel, Large Anvil (x2 price), Cauldron (x2 price), Frying Pan, Sauce Pan, Horse Shoe, DredgeIron lantern, Iron metal torch, Iron lamp(1.5x price)

**Carpentry tools accepted are:

Fine fishing rod, Fishing rod, Grooming brush, Mallet, Wooden spindle, Wooden spatula, Wooden clay shaper, Practice Doll

***Fine carpentry tools acccepted are:

Cheese drill, Leggat, Rope tool, Press, All signs, Small barrel, Small bucket 

Step 2

Spoiler

Rename your tool with your name and a number representing the quality you want it imped to: either 70 or 75 (example: Yourname 75 - for 75ql)

The imping costs* for blacksmithing and carpentry are

• For 70ql 25c
  • For 75ql 35c

The imping costs** for fine carpentry are

• For 70ql 30c
  • For 75ql 40c

Accepting gems under 10ql at the price of 1c/ql+1c mailing (eg. you send me 5 gems totaling 30ql, the last one you send as COD for 5c - the cost of mailing the 5 and you get 30c credit for your imps) 

Please look if the items you want to send do not have a modifier (like large anvils or iron lamps). Check Step 1 for that.

*I made a market analysis on 14 Merchant posts regarding the cost of a brand new 75ql BS tool. The average price is 48.39c [As of 07.10.2014]. For mailing from Xanadu, the total price including mailing fees is 37c for 75ql items so less even than a new tool.

Market analysis on 7 Merchant posts selling carpentry items at 75ql yielded an average tool price of  43.53c [as of 06.02.2015]. For mailing from Xanadu, the total price including mailing fees is 37c for 75ql items so less than a new tool.

**Market analysis done on the 4 merchant ads that sell 75ql fine carpentry goods indicate an average price of 45c [as of 06.02.2015]. For mailing from Xanadu, the total price including mailing fees is 45c, so again cheaper than a new tool.

Step 3

Spoiler

Send the tools to Thorakkanath AND post in this thread please with what you sent so in case there are any problems I can contact you via forum PMs.

And please make sure you will have enough money to pay for the 2x mailing fees (2c) and the imping costs described in Step 2

That is it!

Spoiler

I will send you the imped tools back on the First In First Out basis and I will try my best to send your tools back within 24 hours and will post when I have too much workload and/or be busy IRL.

Optional Step

I would be very happy to receive feedback on the service I provided, good or bad :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Possible reasons to use this service

1. You enjoy having tools with your own signature on them rather than someone else's
  2. You already paid for a tool with the enchants you wanted and it would make no sense to pay for another one when you can just imp yours back up
  3. You would prefer a no-questions-asked service instead of trying to find that perfect tool (that might or might not show up)
  4. You could potentially get a rare or supreme tool! If during my imping your tool turns rare or supreme I will COD it back just like every other tool but with a slight price difference: +1s for rare, +3s for supreme and +10s for fantastic (like that will ever happen) - will let you know in advance to make sure you have enough funds to receive them (if you do not have the silver or do not want the rarer item, I can always provide a replacement tool with similar casts and two other imps for free)

Unsure about sending your precious tools to me, a stranger?

I don't want to provide any references because I believe such references will be too biased (but if anyone feels that I am a reputable player feel free to post in this tread :P). Best thing to do is ask around about me if you are unsure :) I do not want you to feel forced to send me anything unless you feel comfortable about it!

Hope to see your tools around!

Best,

Thor

PS. Don't abuse the system...sending me ql 1 tools to imp to 70 or 75 will not get you anywhere. That said, any tool under ql 10 will cost you an extra 10c to imp

Edited by Thorakkanath
Update

Workload in-game: LOW

Workload IRL: HIGH

Edited by Thorakkanath

I really wished the ingame mailing fee would be 10 times cheaper.

That would open up these kinds of helpful markets by 1000%.

Are you still doing you Imping Service. I have a pickaxe that was w70 c50 and its around 40 or so and it needs revised.

On 1/12/2016 at 4:43 PM, Meog said:

Are you still doing you Imping Service. I have a pickaxe that was w70 c50 and its around 40 or so and it needs revised.

Hello, for some reason I didn't get a notification for your message. But yes - I am starting to imp again, slowly :)