Sign in to follow this  
Mortomes

The Whitefay-Greymead highway

Construction of the whitefay-greymead highway is finished! Here she is:

xSbN4em.png

Edited by Mortomes
  • Like 3

bump for project.

I would jump in and help but I had already committed to help with the Bacon Cave Canal project (N20) at southern end of Lake Greymead. Jumping back and forth would take too much time in travel, it's better if I stay where I am at currently. If you are still working on this Highway when I am done with cave canal I will head on up. At present I have no resources stored that I could contribute, would have to acquire/create those as well.

Check with members of SSA Alliance, Toth and Xijon, also Kratk of Hippy Villa, maybe they can lend assistance.

Edited by geode

Is anyone doing a canal tunnel between the two lakes?  I ask, out of concern that the highway tunnel not end up being in conflict with the most likely canal locations.  Most likely not, if your red line is all above ground so far.

Great project Mort! You could possibly speak with Toth. He has a road project headed in your direction; coming up from Southern Greymead heading east through the mountains. He has also built 3 guard towers along the route. Maybe you can intersect at some point.

Well we punched through the mountain east and south of Greymead last night. I just finished the paving of the highway on the east side of the Greymead mountain-wall. For all intense purposes the highway is finished from that point to Whitefey and easy to access and travel. No guard towers are in yet but I did put a fountain up about midway to Whitefey.

Mort and Miskleur were still going strong when I ptfo'd late last night and it looks like Mort has started scouting the final route to Greymead on the west side.

I have my wagon all set to "Nomad", food, supplies, even a forge! Wilderness living at it's best!

Greymead or Bust!

time to get back to work...

There is a road going directly east from Greymeade, all the way to a small desert. It also branches North just on the west side of the desert, to reach a group of people living on the lake above. Might be great to connect in with it?

We turned west today at a small desert directly east of Greymead :) It should be no problem to make the connection. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

Awesome news! I know they're easy, but I am happy to produce some pointing signs if you guys need? 

Thank you for the very nice highway and the hard work! We enjoyed exploring it today!

P7sj4r3.png

rOxB9pi.png

6hqcabJ.png

ZOHuwpY.png

ye5ns65.png

oV8r3LJ.png

YazkzEr.png

7p3ogbl.png

Awesome news! I know they're easy, but I am happy to produce some pointing signs if you guys need? 

Planting of signs especially would be helpful, since they can only be planted every 21 hours off-deed.

The griefing appears to be in talks and should be resolved within a day.   It stemmed from another project that was being planned for the area, to provide canal access between lakes. Doing what I can tomorrow to help on the canal mapping and speed up this resolution.  I'm personally excited that so much is being done to improve access throughout Xanadu :)

I'm quite impressed with how fast this highway was completed.

The East Greymeade Market will widen their section of the highway within a couple weeks, when they get to work teraforming/leveling out their deed.

Makes perfect sense?

Plant a deed to grief the people who have been working in that area the past 3 days. No word to anyone working on the highway. Then try to justify your reason for a canal that should be built 140 tiles east of that highway tunnel.

Plant a deed to talk to someone? Give me a break.

Stop and pull or head out of whatever you have it in and do simple math. A tunnel that has already been made cannot be collapsed by deeding the road that just needed pave. Plus the fact that the highway tunnel is 140 tiles(approx) going east to west from the already surveyed lake tunnel that goes north to south and is 140 tiles(approx) east of the highway tunnel.

Anyone that would like to take a look at this "supposed in the way of the lake tunnel" comes take a look. Head east from Greymead until to see a deed named "no highway" and then go west or go west of The Hound(south of Whitefay) until you can see where a not even started lake tunnel should be. Boat cave is your reason? Give me a break.

• Like 1

This is the reason we need PvP on Xanadu so we can kill off idiots like these. 

Very mature making a deed on top of a project because they didn't do what you wanted to do. Lucky for you i am not living nearby there, or i would be visiting your deeds surroundings soon.

• Like 1

On a different note, I would like to thank the individuals from the Greymead area that came and helped re-route the tunnel around the offending deed and actually connect up with the 2 lane paved highway on that side of the mountain. It was greatly appreciated.

That being said, the owner of No Highway has since expanded the deed North in order to place the new exit under his deed control in another attempt to hinder our efforts. I would recommend that those who know this individual endeavor to police their own. There are  people in the Greymead area that told us who the owner of No Highway really is and it appears by the 1 post of the individual above that they don't have the fortitude or courage to post under their real character's name. Yes, people in his own alliance dropped the dime because they thought is was a -move as well.  

Miskleur's post is spot on and our East/West tunnel is so far away from the area of the proposed North/South boatmine/channel that there is no conceivable way that either projects could interfere with each other.

For the record I am not putting knee pads on for that reply, Caroligan.

However, thank you for your support.

This is a reply to Cista's post.

"You might consider that perspective before you crown yourself as persecuted martyrs. Highway builders are the only players with a god-given right to mess up the server, and without even paying silver for it  B)   I'd say that's a pretty good deal you have compared to the rest of us."

So you are saying that a tunnel builder has the right of way vs a highway builder? A lake tunnel that has not been started or posted as a community project or should even come remotely close to an already completed highway tunnel?

Which is this case of deed vs highway in this stance.

Deed was placed as a jacknut move to "force talks" and two different people have spoke to the player who placed the deed and his alt. Nothing was resolved, only expansion of deed in question. If you would like to see I post of those PMs they can be sent via emails, if allowed per game rules.

"To make things more fair, since people can not alter highways without explicit GM permission, each and every highway should also only be able to be constructed with GM permission."

Now that I completely agree with. Also if you had or have an issue with a highway try speaking on one of the builders or use their post. Not like they pop up from nowhere.

So you are saying that a tunnel builder has the right of way vs a highway builder? 

No, I am not trying to take sides in your current conflict.

I am just refuting that you have a right to speak for "everyone else". Highway builders speak only for their own project and those players that are interested in the commute. Highway builders do not even live in the region where they build. They don't have to, because their work is deemed sacred by the game rules, and local people that paid silver to settle in a region they thought looked gorgeous, can do nothing about it.

In other words, stop acting like you have a hard time. You are priviliged beyond compare, your work will live forever - for free. 

Edited by Cista

Reply to Qdlaty:

Good post and thank you for editing that. You did a wonderful job explaining your situation.

I do not know when this highway project started. Knowing the author of this thread, I am sure he tried to let as many people know about this project before they even started it. If I can contact him soon, I will find out.

Reply to Cista:

"I am just refuting that you have a right to speak for "everyone else"."

Bad choice of words on my part. My bad. You need a hug?

"In other words, stop acting like you have a hard time. You are priviliged beyond compare, your work will live forever - for free."

First off this is not my project. I have seen what has been done to this date and I want to defend the people who have done this work. You should try some community work and make everyone happy.

This is my last post on this thread. I will stop hijacking the authors thread. He knows a whole lot more than I and I concede to him.

I will see if I can get him to send you that info Qdlaty.

To clarify, I made the griefing statement in the first post before we were able to figure out the name of the player who did this and talk to him.

When we found out about this deed we made the reasonable assumption that this was an attempt to grief our project since he did not leave any means of contacting him and created the deed with an alt. Before we figured out who it was and why it was done, we had constructed a bypass around his deed which has been fully paved and now falls under highway protection rules.

After we got a lucky tip from someone about the player who placed this, we have contacted him and we have been nothing but cooperative in trying to work out a way to accomodate for his cave canal; We are very much in favor of any infrastructure projects on this server, whether they be highways or canals.

We have asked him for a sign of good faith by disbanding his deed, instead he has since expanded his deed onto the bypass section of highway. I still have hopes this issue can be resolved in a civilized manner. As far as we are concerned, the ball is now in his court.

I still don't understand how can highway be in some sort of way of cave canal, Worked out just fine in indy, where there was a highway on top of a cave canal.

Can't we just talk this over, there is no need for everyone go completely bananas and go after the guy with pitchforks and torches. Yeah i know this seems ironic to the first post i made here.

Ball is indeed in his court, but is he willing to risk it all for it? Because this will be remembered, its up to him for what he will be remembered now on. Choose wisely clock is ticking...

I still don't understand how can highway be in some sort of way of cave canal, Worked out just fine in indy, where there was a highway on top of a cave canal.

Can't we just talk this over, there is no need for everyone go completely bananas and go after the guy with pitchforks and torches. Yeah i know this seems ironic to the first post i made here.

Ball is indeed in his court, but is he willing to risk it all for it? Because this will be remembered, its up to him for what he will be remembered now on. Choose wisely clock is ticking...

Well there were posts about canal between that lakes, but questions are,

1 is part of highway going inside tunnel under mountains?

2 was that tunnel made for highway in collision with plans for cave canal?

3 was everyone living in/at/or close area to yours highway informed about that plans or it was just post at forum which is not visited by everyone?

4 do you, builders live at that collision area or just moved here from other side of Xana to build this road?

and if for any one of 4 questions answer is no or i don't know then there is something wrong for me

5 - its not question but its some word to You Riipsipiirakka, we are not at Indy that's 1st, and 2nd by saying highway was top of tunnel it does mean highway wsn't going through mountain but top of it, and so far i understand here part of highway is inside tunnel which could make a collison

I'm not going to mess with your highway but for all players living there at that part of highway and possible passers by it should be sorted privately before opening post at the forum, as well personally for me its very suspicious that there was so much rush with this highway to finish it asap why? that's the question, why it was so big rush with this highway opposite to different ones at xana?

Edited by Qdlaty
  • Like 1

I'm afraid it's not going to happen. He is still refusing to remove the deed (While at the same time apologizing for placing it. Quite the empty apology)