Sign in to follow this  
Notre

Looted Deed - Blackcrest Village

Despite the fact that it was my own fault leaving "Pick-up" settings on in my deed rules, I am hoping whoever took everything of value from Blackcrest Village will have a heart and return the items.. 

We have worked very hard to accumulate what you took and we are taking quite a hit from the lost tools. We are working on tracking the deed, but that isn't very effective lol...

Please PM if you know anything....

it is extremely unlikely that anyone will return anything...

• Like 1

I am aware of that. But I have to try, there was a lot taken and I simply cannot afford to replace any of what was taken. So it won't do me any worse trying.

where on map are you? If close, I'll swing by and pound some of your iron into tools

• Like 3

Notre,

I hope for your sake that your plea here results in getting some of your items returned. As you have realized, you made the mistake of setting "pickup" on deed to everyone and this has to be done intentionally.

That being the case, I think it highly unlikely that anyone who would take advantage of this situation by absconding with many items within the deed would then have the least intention of returning any of them. This was also an intentional action on their part and not some mistake. Why then would they return anything? 

The hard lesson learned here is that if anyone does not secure their items properly with the various mechanics that the game provides, they will solely be responsible for their loss with no real recourse to have them returned. If the culprit is found out, still nothing can be done other than to be ostracized by those effected by this particular instance. 

=Ayes=

Notre,

I hope for your sake that your plea here results in getting some of your items returned. As you have realized, you made the mistake of setting "pickup" on deed to everyone and this has to be done intentionally.

That being the case, I think it highly unlikely that anyone who would take advantage of this situation by absconding with many items within the deed would then have the least intention of returning any of them. This was also an intentional action on their part and not some mistake. Why then would they return anything?

The hard lesson learned here is that if anyone does not secure their items properly with the various mechanics that the game provides, they will solely be responsible for their loss with no real recourse to have them returned. If the culprit is found out, still nothing can be done other than to be ostracized by those effected by this particular instance.

=Ayes=

Not all opportunist have hearts of steel though, I've seen a fair share break down and do the right thing, if say he's hoping for that to be the case

• Like 1

Everyone makes mistakes and sometimes deed settings can be confusing. If you took the items - probably not knowing they weren't free - do the right thing...

• Like 2

Not all opportunist have hearts of steel though, I've seen a fair share break down and do the right thing, if say he's hoping for that to be the case

Really then? A fine and optimistic outlook you have of these types of individuals. A persons character does not change because of the game's mechanics allowing them to do something or not. That is ingrained within who they are and just exhibited within the game over time by their own actions. Having a hope that the right thing will be done is nice but unrealistic, pointless even, as I see it.

Wurm is a game where you must vigilantly protect your belongings or you will be taken advantage of one way or the other. This is unusual within other games. I played another building game called Active Worlds for many years. All land was free to build on but you needed to completely cover the area with flat panels to claim it as your own, for then no one else could build upon that area.

When I entered Wurm I immediately grasped the similarity and started to fence in my area on GV before I started to build anything. All other items were securely kept within my house. Once players realize this and never let this protection fail that is provided by various means, they will have no problems in retaining their possessions. This is a key point to learn and maintain within Wurm.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Yes this is a problem in Wurm, its happened to me. Hate the fact that there seems to be a sizeable number of people who are like this.

The real problem I have with this is Wurm is a community game and nothing happens in a vacuum. the person who did this has likely bragged 

to a least one or more persons already and those people through there silence are guilty by association.

As a community you either stand up for everybody or we all fail.

This is where the best part of the people of Wurm will show through, many are willing to help you get back to where you were or at least close to it.

I'm not in your area but anything I can do to help let me know.

• Like 5

So sorry for your loss, Notre - we all can make mistakes. 

Which server are you on?  

I would be happy to come and help you re-establish some of your stuff.

• Like 2

So many replies...

I am located at O22 on Xanadu.

I know it was my fault, unfortunately I have a terrible memory and forgot to remove the setting..

And yes I am just hoping they will show signs of remorse, since the deed is almost out of silver now we may not be there much longer. Most of those rares were to be sold for rent lol. Just got the less than a month warning.

Thanks for your sympathies btw.

Edit: In game I am playing as Charabis

Edited by notre

I lost in past whole deed becose of settings an option invite to deed... All can be replaced....

Yeah, this was a big mistake, 100% my own fault, I accept that. 

But I hope people learn from my mistake :P Don't forget to remove that setting allowing people to pick up. Lost nearly 20s worth of goods. I certainly learned my lesson.

ouch.  happened to me to  12 gnomes on cele.  never got back.  GMs even tried to help.  

Pretty sad bunch of players that go into a active deed looking to steal items, I honestly hope you get something back! :(

I moved to Xan from Cele and seemed people tended to be more honest (from my experience) overall in comparison, guessing thats why some people decide to move back as Xan is not quite as great as some had hoped.

hey,

I am a weaponsmith, i can do up to 75QL, i can imp a few stuff for free if you want.

I am at 90+ LW as well if you lost toolbelts or armor.

Zetuka IG

• Like 3

Thanks everyone :) We are nearly back to our previous set-up for tools at least... The valuable items will always be a loss, but oh well we will get more later on.

Just sent you a message on here.  I hope things get back to normal for you x

• Like 1