Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Cant remove plans no more

[16:49:05] This would cause a section of the structure to crash down since it lacks support.  on inner or outsite walls

[16:49:27] Removing that would cause a collapsing section.  on floors

on image you can see plans and work done... cant remove nothing at all duo bugs.... all worked well before... mybe new fances on house block removing plans...

149z9y1.jpg

Had this problem as well, gm told me to check nw corners.  Had to build temp openings to fix.

that was before there just to have atlast 1 wall conected to other floors.... now is not posible to remove any plan... not even inner one...

can someone explain the solution to this bug in more detail so more don't fall in the same pitfall. i'm not sure i understand how to fix it from what has been said here other than some vagueness of NW corner.  it wold be helpful to many i think as it's been happening to  more than a few i know of

it is rather "exact" and not "vague", every floor tile needs to be supported by either a wall or another floor and each separate tile does the check on the NW edge.

you can only remove a tile if the adjacent tiles are still supported on the NW edge AFTER the tile would be removed.

sadly this accounts for the whole building and means that you can not remove a tile if there is ANY tile not supported on the NW edge.

long story short: if you have this issue - check if there is a tile that is not supported on the NW edge and just plan a wall as a support (does not need to be finished).

I have a plan on the ground floor I want to remove - but no option.

Ideas?

I have a plan on the ground floor I want to remove - but no option.

Ideas?

if that is a wall plan you might need to remove the adjacent housetile and readd it to the plan, then you can remove the wall plan.

best to make a /support in such a case.

This change is incredibly frustrating.  I've got one little issue that I want to correct that involves three tiles, and my options are to either destroy the open work effect I had in place for my ballroom just so I can remove those tiles, or I can outright destroy the structure and start over, hoping that I do not make a single mistake in my planning. I have been trying to get this building just right for two years now, and it may have been all for nothing.  :(

I was struggeling with a floor plan for a long time, and then this weekend I decided to try to get it solved with help of Enki.
However he could not solve it so Hestia came also.

She said every tile has to have support.
I thought they had as they had adjacent floors or walls, and I can't say that I understand what she meant.
And my house has four identical sides, why is only one side not supported?
I ended up making the unremovable floor plan an unremovable wall plan and hid it by making a small room in the big room.
The only other solution I found was to have walls in ugly places.

As I understood her I must have been planning/building on this house during a crash/reset.
Because I have built something that the code should normally not allow.

PS. It takes loads of temporary floor openings and wallplans and also that you start from the middle and work outwards when removing the temporary floor and walls, DS.

Edited by Cecci

I still don't understand. I tried to help a friend with a problem like this, and was even unable to remove wall plans on the upper floor of her building. Well, not quite "upper", because she built floor plans above. But it was equally impossible to remove those. So, I don't get it - seems like a real bug to me.