Sign in to follow this  
Sweetbay

Mercury Lake / Ocean canal

Hey guys! 

Was wondering if there is a need for a canal between mercury lake and the ocean?

I have heard talk of making one , I would be more than pleased to give a hand :) 

I was thinking from close to serenity and close to star hill. 

Without annoying anybody of course.

But I don't know if people need a canl/tunnel there

Edit: there is a lot of mines I don't even know if it will be possible.

I don't need the canal, but if it makes people travel and happy why not.

Edited by Sweetbay

My initial alliance attempted this once from the lake's east coast to the central bay. The canal opening should still be there and was nicely built on the lake side - just south of the old Ethiopia deed.

You can ask Bodge about the project and the prospected exit at Willow Cove on the other side. I believe he mined out the route of that canal, too, at some point.

Note sure why the project wasn't carried out, but me sitting on my mountaintop not caring about lakeside/seaside things sure didn't help, either. :)

As soon as I'm off bed rest i can lend my 2 toons too if needs be, high level miner and a good digger :) 

If you run into troubles with mines in the area, I can volunteer strongwalling services, assuming the mines are abandoned/approved for removal by owner.

As the owner of Serenity this is something I wanted to do for a long time but with various deeds coming and going never was able to get it going.

So anything that is needed I will be willing to provide to support this project. I also have a mag priest to help clean up the mines.

• Like 1

Living on Mercury Lake, I'd love to see this happen. I can round up some unskilled, but willing labour to help.

I'll lend a hand.

Edited by Pride

there is a canal already in progress atm, but if this is connecting the west coast to the lake, it would make travel easy.

I explored the possibility of making one to the west ocean when I lived on Release, but alliance drama caused an abrupt end to that plan.  Having lived in that area, let me share what I know about the mines in the region.

The west coast, ranging from Coastal Breeze, all the way down past Darkhorse Harbor, is riddled with existing and old/abandonned mines.  Any tunnel that is tunneled anywhere near Darkhorse has resulted in deed expansions and KoS'ing as a means of stoppage.

I see two options:

1.  A canal that exits the lake from Solitary Shore and runs due west, along the lower half of Y26.  The only place where there may be mines in the way would be the mountain on the west coast. 

2.  A less ideal (and far more cumbersome) option, is to run west from somewhere near Amsterdam, exiting on the western shore between Y32 and Y33.  There is, however, a tunnel that runs south through the mountains that hooks up to the highway leading north from Sunset Docks. 

Whatever the residents of Release decide, you have my pickaxe in support.

Well, me and my firends can work on the east coast canal, if you guys can find a way to make one that goes from the west into Mercury lake, we can cut travel times in half

Yeah I was also looking at the best option being from just on the north side of Serenity and along Y26.

I know a bit of the tunnels in the mnt on the coast so believe it can be done.