Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Priest updates and Decorative items!

Got those messages in drake+summer hat lol. Something is broke or light armour = cloth?

I believe drake and scale are supposed to be included in it, as a deterrent? I guess. and a summer hat is 'silver' thus metal.

naked/cloth/leather = 30% bonus

studded leather = 0%

chain = 15% penalty

plate/drake/scale = 30% penalty

Going by the figures we were given on the test server.

It's stupid. Me and you Derp were looking at each other trying to fire arrows and nothing was happening lol.

Drake should be the same as leather.

Scale is a plate armour and makes sense to have the penalty.

Plate is plate.

###### chain.

But I guess its all Irrelephant, greathelms ftw.

Edited by Miniroll
  • Like 1

naked/cloth/leather = 30% bonus

studded leather = 0%

chain = 15% penalty

plate/drake/scale = 30% penalty

Going by the figures we were given on the test server.

It's stupid. Me and you Derp were looking at each other trying to fire arrows and nothing was happening lol.

This isn't going to make people switch armor types, it's just a terrible change. Epic is still going to be plate only, Chaos will still be vets in drake/scale w/ helm, noobs in chain/plate w/ helm, and plate for suicide missions. The only time people use studded in PvP is when they have SotG and are derping around.

We need proper balance, and not just for armor, but for shields, bows, weapons, and everything. I'm so sick of the cookie cutter loadouts.

I think i know how this archery nerf managed to get past every safety check to avoid bad updates.

Everyone was busy exploiting the Cotton String and Steel Lump BSB bug prior to this update, where they silent fixed it.

I didnt exploit it, and now i feel everyone else platesmith have many 1000's of 95ql steel lumps.

• Like 1

[10:01:38] Your armour disturbs you.

70+ faith, 40 favour mag priest. Wearing chain with no helm. One of our mag priests went out in chain specifically to avoid the armour penalty, risking death from stabbing in order to be able to take out some horses, and got screwed over because this isn't working.

Tested it this morning to confirm. 70+ faith, full favour, still getting interrupted.

He got screwed over by thinking wearing chain to pvp was going to end well.... This is not 2009, chain is now useless.

He got screwed over by thinking wearing chain to pvp was going to end well.... This is not 2009, chain is now useless.

Nah, he was fine in chain (usually derps around in chain anyway).

This isn't going to make people switch armor types, it's just a terrible change. Epic is still going to be plate only, Chaos will still be vets in drake/scale w/ helm, noobs in chain/plate w/ helm, and plate for suicide missions. The only time people use studded in PvP is when they have SotG and are derping around.

We need proper balance, and not just for armor, but for shields, bows, weapons, and everything. I'm so sick of the cookie cutter loadouts.

They'll probably give all the weapons, shields and armor the same stats, thats the kind of developers wurm has.

I think i know how this archery nerf managed to get past every safety check to avoid bad updates.

Everyone was busy exploiting the Cotton String and Steel Lump BSB bug prior to this update, where they silent fixed it.

I didnt exploit it, and now i feel everyone else platesmith have many 1000's of 95ql steel lumps.

Drake should be the same as leather.

Scale is a plate armour and makes sense to have the penalty.

Plate is plate.

###### chain.

But I guess its all Irrelephant, greathelms ftw.

Eh, its nice to see that even when rolf is screwing up armor, he isnt making drake into literally a requirement to pvp.

I really like the idea of being able to do archery on my priest now, getting me back into playing epic again.  The heavy armor penalty to archery makes a lot of sense, but the lesser armor will need just the right amount of dmg reduction buff.  Also maybe have armor slow down horses just like walking speed, would add some survivability to the lighter armors.

Sign in to follow this