Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 36

LssNW36L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

How are you all feeling today? Blessed? Corrupt? You are welcome in our community all the same.

We have a nice mix of things to talk about today.

I will balance that by ranting less here and more whilst we

Share some News!

Corrupt

CorruptHorse.jpg

When Libila priests casts bless, any grazing animals turn corrupted.

This means that they will stop eating grass and instead eat mycelium, a much needed addition to the dwellers in the black light.

There are some interesting side notes to this as you have a counter.

That is of course the bless from any white light priests which would make it an ordinary grass eater once more.

You could for example sneak up on that pesky BL neighbor of yours and bless his animals.

They would then starve until it is noticed and bless is recast.

This would of course work the other way around so you better keep an eye on those animals!

Balancing Aggressive Spells

We have managed to go through the huge thread with tons of great feedback from the Wurmians, thank you for helping out!

The coding for the first round of testing is now done and is going on the testserver for evaluation.

We are focusing mainly on the PvP offensive spells where nuking a single player or spamming area of effects on groups needs to be balanced.

The issue originally as many know is collecting big amounts of favor in gems before a battle then using it as “instant magic potions†giving you unlimited uses of spells.

Much will easily be resolved with balanced cooldowns but for nuking there will also be a gradual resistance building up in the person being attacked by the same type of attack.

As an example, a group with priests of the same faith cast a single target nuke attack on the same target.

He would with the first attack gain a resistance of say 70% fire which makes the next fire attack less punishing.

You lose the resistance gradually over time as long as you do not keep getting hit with the same attack or die.

As I said, this will be the first round of testing and might very well be subject to change.

But it will be exciting to see if this changes up gameplay a bit, making it more dynamic.

Average Quality in Bulk Bins.

BsP.jpg

A more correct calculation of the average quality in bulk bins is being implemented.

You should not perceive any major differences other than when adding new items to the bin, the overall quality will not be as easily affected by smaller additions.

It is now a more logical matter of the quality divided over quantity.

If you are like me, not an expert on bulk bins and why this is of any major importance, lets simplify it one step further.

When you put items in a bulk storage bin instead of for example dropping them, they are treated differently.

They are so to say merged into a single representation of the bulk item you are storing.

That means that even if you have varying quality on the items you put in, they are merged into a single item volume with a single quality.

The quality of the merged item is then based on the average quality of the items you put in it in relation to the total volume.

Does it make sense yet? Close enough.

The new Boats

Getting the new collisions to work is proving to be a challenge.

Progress is slow but steady and I can see Haradurs brows sunken in concentration throughout the days at the office.

But if you all come together and post a message here to boost Haradurs morale, I am sure he will be able find another gear and energy for this task.

Come on mate you can do it!

The new Interiors

The fabulous new interiors I have been promoting for a long time have now received all the code needed for implementation.

We are currently going through them all looking for any and all anomalies associated with the crafting and use of them.

You can expect them to go live some time next week!

I will post a special update to remind you of what the assets are in next week.

Communication, the Dev way.

If you are thinking internal communication is always easy, I wanted to give you a bit of an example of how talking to the devs usually goes.

1. Where are we at with the thing?
  2. One says this, one says that. But that was dependent upon the other thing.
  3. Who was it that did that?
  4. I do not know. Wait, actually I did another thing and that changes this and that depends on the next thing.
  5. Which thing?
  6. The one where we have the original thing, this and the other stuff.
  7. Aaah yes… So where are we at with the next thing?

(Start reading from line 2 again and repeat)

That was all for this week Wurmians! And do not forget to cheer Haradur on for the new boats!

I am looking forward to finally seeing the new interiors in your hands and how they will be used.

They will do much in the way of variation and personalization on deeds which for me is a big part of what I enjoy doing in Wurm.

And as always

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 26

Woo hoo!  though, my path of love is pretty useless now, but I'll take it in exchange for nice corrupt horsies!

Can we get the wood textures and colors to all match on the furniture? I seen some of it on test and somethings like the throne does not match like the bed for example. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 6

Thanks for the update! Question: will the spells themselves change, or is it only about the cooldowns, player resistance and gem changes? For example, will certain spells do more/less damage than they do right now, if you don't consider those other 3 aspects?

are those glowing bugs? wait... what... its a corrupted horse! ... nice change.

I do hope you treat the spellchanges with care, and hopefully still adress gem sucking.

I can see Haradurs brows sunken in concentration throughout the days at the office.

Could just be minesweeper! =P

• Like 1

Not a word on mailing fixes, huh?

After last week you have a full on PR disaster and it isn't even mentioned...

Why not do like traditional games and add resistance to gear? You could just add new line of spells to the priest that can add resistance like fire water etc... and let the cast be random like coc and woa etc....

Just a thought. Each priest could have a resistance spell magron could have fire resist vynora with water resist and fo with earth resist etc.... and any resist that didn't fit either of the above any priest would be able to cast. This would give each new priest a new spell or 2 and make players with priest work together more.

• Like 1

Maybe on the BSB is you could just give an example of both methods (old and new) of how the calculations work?

Thank you!

Really sad this thread is used mostly as a list of demands, instead of thanking these devs. this is what happens when parents stop spanking their children.

• Like 5

Good update on the spells, and well needed for the horses for BL.

Only thing which is.. meh is that you've said you're adding cool downs, and resistances, but whats happened to actually balancing the spells? The BL spells do an absolutely huge amount of damage to the WL equivalents (they arent affected by armour), not to mention their 3 second heal stun spell.

Also whats up with BL sacing 1 90ql veggy and getting 10 favor? Isnt that a little over powered?

• Like 2

Corrupt

When Libila priests casts bless, any grazing animals turn corrupted.

This means that they will stop eating grass and instead eat mycelium, a much needed addition to the dwellers in the black light.

There are some interesting side notes to this as you have a counter.

That is of course the bless from any white light priests which would make it an ordinary grass eater once more.

You could for example sneak up on that pesky BL neighbor of yours and bless his animals.

They would then starve until it is noticed and bless is recast.

This would of course work the other way around so you better keep an eye on those animals!

Will animals that spawn on mycelium be corrupted to start with so they don't just die of starvation?

• Like 1

Not so distant future looks fun, yay BL friendly horses \o/

1G5tnu5.png

Plain unpainted cart

Edited by Shadz

About the spell change, do keep in mind that heals should also follow the resistance check.

Heals are used in PvP and only WL has primary heals.

• Like 4