Sign in to follow this  
Ellietrap

Depression and Wurm

Check out this guy's channel, he has some cool videos about depression.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgPpqHUK8NA

Edited by Hula_Girl

@ ^ video

There's definitely some merit in this notion. I've noticed that on occasions that I've been emotionally reserved, I can choose to involve myself, and the emotional reward is majorly heightened.

Who screams on rollercoasters or fairground rides ? You might not be scared, I never am, but choosing to express yourself vocally - to be involved in the situation, enhances the experience even if it's only to laugh at yourself for behaving in such a ridiculous manner.

And of course, being involved in a negative emotional situation, by the same mechanic, sucks you in and makes you feel stuff against your will. Forcing yourself to do what you hate to do is MASSIVELY draining. And being stuck in a situation where you have no choice but to do something can drain you to the point where you physically cannot force yourself to even move, let alone live up to expectations.

This notion is to turn that mechanic to your advantage and force a positive reaction. Though this would appear to only be useful if you're not at the stage where 'I'm lying here, and no matter how much I coax myself or order myself, I can't move'.

• Like 1

Things have been a bit rough again lately. These days it feels like I don't have the energy to do much of anything past dragging myself out of bed. Can't really get into/enjoy any thing no matter how much I try. Yet I don't feel as horrible either. I feel kind of apathetic towards everything instead of feeling down and depressed. Like there's no point in anything and I can't make myself care to do much. 

On 05/11/2014 at 2:23 PM, Ellietrap said:

Things have been a bit rough again lately. These days it feels like I don't have the energy to do much of anything past dragging myself out of bed. Can't really get into/enjoy any thing no matter how much I try. Yet I don't feel as horrible either. I feel kind of apathetic towards everything instead of feeling down and depressed. Like there's no point in anything and I can't make myself care to do much. 

actually THAT is the meaning of depression, usually it means you lack the feeling of anything instead of feeling sad and down.
it's btw. natural reaction to rough times, it kinda forces you to "rest" I hope you can give yourself what you need :)

Not to be rude but it's not really too cool pulling up a thread like this from 2014 when the player may very well be past this in his or her life.
But I guess to each their own.

On 3/19/2016 at 2:35 AM, Miretta said:

actually THAT is the meaning of depression, usually it means you lack the feeling of anything instead of feeling sad and down.
it's btw. natural reaction to rough times, it kinda forces you to "rest" I hope you can give yourself what you need :)

dont know what made you reply to this again now,since you replied back when it was active but im pretty sure ellie left wurm and probably wont be reading it

On 5/19/2016 at 3:51 PM, Tpikol said:

dont know what made you reply to this again now,since you replied back when it was active but im pretty sure ellie left wurm and probably wont be reading it

I'm reading it now. Hard to believe this thread is already that old. And my 'leaving' Wurm was unintentional. I got sidetracked for way too long. 

2 hours ago, Ellietwopointoh said:

I'm reading it now. Hard to believe this thread is already that old. And my 'leaving' Wurm was unintentional. I got sidetracked for way too long. 

You will never scape!! 

seriously, is good heard you back

Maybe others in your alliance/village use teamspeak and you can speak with them while playing, gameplay can be more fun and disatracting this way, imo.

• Like 1