Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

Fix targeting mounts in PvP.

In this video here you can clearly see from 1:40 onwards that targeting a mount whilst your mounted yourself regularly causes you to instantly go back to neutral stance and not be targeting anything when you move in and out and range. This has been a big problem in PvP for quite some time but is the first time i've been able to capture good video of it. 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPE0zqDvLBs

• Like 17

Yes please, had this today myself. Very very very annoying and people get away because of bugs..

I was in this video chasing an enemy player and can confirm that this is an extremely annoying bug.

Would also be nice if we didn't need to go 10 tiles in front of moving horse to get into target range..

Edited by Blazer

You just have to get over your opponent horse but in this video Emoo seems you had a very high ping.

• Like 1

Ping will always be an issue for dingos, but the detargeting is damn annoying.

• Like 1

You just have to get over your opponent horse but in this video Emoo seems you had a very high ping.

It's not an issue of combat range. I have learnt to live with Australian latency. The issue is (as you can see in the video watching my targeting window) that as I move in and out of range randomly it just stops targeting anything. 

• Like 1

It's not an issue of combat range. I have learnt to live with Australian latency. The issue is (as you can see in the video watching my targeting window) that as I move in and out of range randomly it just stops targeting anything.

Yeah, it's like you are not synchronized with the server causing a randomly open/close of the combat window. Similar effect when you get: "your position on the server is not updated,please...."

Yeah, it's like you are not synchronized with the server causing a randomly open/close of the combat window. Similar effect when you get: "your position on the server is not updated,please...."

No it is'nt like that at all with this untargeting-nonsense. This happens with 30ms.

Edited by permo

This only happens when your horse is untamed and is based on the same mechanic that makes you untarget fleeing animal.

No you're wrong sorry heh :P This isn't about the combat window, it's about the target window

Most of us are well aware how to lead ahead of a horse to kill it but this damn bug has caused so many people to escape :unsure:

+1, i've had this happen a few times and its annoying as hell

One thing, make sure to fix this in a way that doesn't make it impossible to deaggro your own horse, when you anger it, whether by a taming fail, accidentally targeting while riding.