Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Kingdom rulers need to be premium, change to Farwalker amulets

Template kingdom leaders will now auto abdicate when they are no longer premium

Fix so you get a drumroll when you get a rare fish

Unfinished items can no longer be mailed

Farwalker amulets may no longer be used with enemy players present

• Like 9

thats just stupid. instead fixing the mail system so all tools and weapons are mailable the just nerf it to the ground...

really i dont get why the breake something instead improving it!

• Like 8

Farwalker amulets may no longer be used with enemy players present

• Like 1

thats just stupid. instead fixing the mail system so all tools and weapons are mailable the just nerf it to the ground...

• Like 2

The majority of people dont like to travel though.

so please improve the mail system instead of nerfing it EVEN more

happy about the fw change, but sucks for the people that spend money on em...

• Like 4

-1 absolutely about the mail nerf - instead of making it better it gets worse  :mellow:

• Like 4

Holy poop sticks!! No far walkers??? Things just got spiced up 1000 levels!

• Like 1

Poor thornbush and emoo :( No more pew pew or zoom zoom..

• Like 3

If everything could be mailed all Merchants and markets would become needless. I for my part love to travel and visit areas and markets, so please do not improve the mailsystem on the contrary, if you ask me, take it out of the game. And yes I know how incredible large Xanadu is :)

thats not true at all! if i would have a nice market 20 mins around i would travel but i would need to spend 2-4 hours just for 1 rakeor shovel or whatever. that doesnt make any sense! and im not a hermit or anything but my alliance cant provide everything.

• Like 3

I think my post for Weapons in mailbox was misread lol

We wanted all weapons to be mailable. So not cool with mailbox.

Other 2 PVP changes = awesome

Rare fish, sorry dont care about that.

Summary :  We still need mailbox fixed. bahahaahahahh   :angry:

Edited by Gaul

• Farwalker amulets may no longer be used with enemy players present

This is amazing.  Thanks for listening and finally responding!

• Like 2

The mail system in Wurm is now officially the worst mail system of any MMO I have ever played.

• Like 14

Hard to believe that more items would be removed from being mailable *before* there was a fix to add all tools and weapons to the arbitrary list

• Unfinished items can no longer be mailed

Disabling things people like, wow that's really good marketing. congrats

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

If everything could be mailed all Merchants and markets would become needless. I for my part love to travel and visit areas and markets, so please do not improve the mailsystem on the contrary, if you ask me, take it out of the game. And yes I know how incredible large Xanadu is :)

+1000. But that's never going to happen, unfortunately. People are too accustomed to locking themselves away on their deeds, never interacting with anyone, and having everything they need delivered right to their doorstep.

• Like 1

Great move :/ another backstab into dying wurm market

is there some secret plan to chase away as much loyal players as possible?

• Like 2

The only thing that can redeem this gaggle change would be for Rolf to follow it up (and quickly) with a total fix for the mail system so that what can be mailed makes sense to be mailed and what can't be mailed makes sense that it cannot be mailed.  

I hope such a change is imminent.

• Like 3

The only thing that can redeem this gaggle change would be for Rolf to follow it up (and quickly) with a total fix for the mail system so that what can be mailed makes sense to be mailed and what can't be mailed makes sense that it cannot be mailed.  

I hope such a change is imminent.

And while on that remove the drop-> on ground menu that is unpopular resisted for 90% of your player base.

• Like 1

+1000. But that's never going to happen, unfortunately. People are too accustomed to locking themselves away on their deeds, never interacting with anyone, and having everything they need delivered right to their doorstep.

Thats just not well thoughtout  - I have not the time to go into Wurm and sail 2 days around Xan or other servers with all the stuff I sell. I have a RL - but I like to play Wurm. Playing Wurm has nothing to do with hrs of sailing if you have 2 deeds to maintain.

Also to enchant the mailboxes is very expensive - if you get a priest for it ( which is atm a task for itself ), so it should  be at least a helpful tool. I love a lot of the stuff the Dev's doing, but this Ninja things are more then annoying - and just right now it makes me mad  <_< ( thinking of the awfully lawn texture, drop sub menu and so on )

Seriously? Why?  :angry: It doesn't make sense ... 

It it was intended to encourage ppl to be more social or to visit more places it's an epic fail. I'm not a hermit, I regulary go out hunting, visiting friends, checking merketplaces. But I DO HAVE A LIFE outside of this game, and can't afford (and don't even want to) sail long hours in a light breeze to get the item I bought or sold.

There have been endless pleas from the playerbase to PLEASE fix the mail system. I guess we should have elaborated more on the "fix" because this is definitely NOT what we meant. 

A lot of ppl have trouble running a single client without crashing, what do you think how many ppl would be able to run a 2nd, 3rd client just to sail? (Not to mention the huge lagspikes we regulary get because you guys forgot to restart the servers, and there is the memory leak bug too)

Let ALL items be mailable, don't be your own enemy and let us players give you our money for the stuff we send. An improved mailing system would not effect ppl being more social, I dont think anybody would mail full sets of armors ( yeah we are cheapskates like that) in the future thus would have to travel, and meet other ppls. 

• Like 7

• Template kingdom leaders will now auto abdicate when they are no longer premium

YES \o/ 

Thanks for implementing this! My suggestion worked! 

Now that the mailbox is getting reduced in potential..please remove it..adding it was a mistake..players should have to buy from nearby players..thats the fun of commerce.

Edited by Hashirama

Yay for the FW change (yes I have one).

Me too, let's burn them and jump down mountains :P

Good update Rolf, thanks. ;)

Yeah, drumroll on rare fish - how could we live without this so many years?

And please remove mailboxes from the game, more and more an useless thing indeed!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this