Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 35

Regarding dens, I have this crocodile lair right in the corner of my deed (it is just one tile outside the perimeter), its here from months now, but rarely spawned any conditioned crocodile. Suddenly this last 4-5 days we are drowning in angry crocodiles (let me be clear i´m not complaining at all), so maybe something was wrong with that particular lair, because before that one there was a bear den, and that one spawned lots of bears on a daily basis until it decayed away.

That might be the ratio blocking it from spawning, and once a slot for a creature opens up it's whatever gets polled for spawning first that spawns it (not 100% accurate but close enough).

The Great Northern Desert on Exo was all but barren   for along time. suddenly it was happily back to swarming creatures..  Just like the old days. This is rapidly dropping again. It was  a very nice few days., as I once again had   critters knocking at my gatehouse.

The Great Northern Desert on Exo was all but barren   for along time. suddenly it was happily back to swarming creatures..  Just like the old days. This is rapidly dropping again. It was  a very nice few days., as I once again had   critters knocking at my gatehouse.

Same for the grand steppe and eastern plains on inde, everytime I visit, empty :/

Same for the grand steppe and eastern plains on inde, everytime I visit, empty :/

Same also for the desert west of Vrock Landing on Xanadu. Was a good hunting spot, lots of angry spiders and black bears that both have lairs in that desert. And the occasional crocodile, hellhound and anaconda spawning there.

Since a few days, max. a week, no more spiders and only a lone black bear there. No other mobs. Desert is empty now, something very recently has caused a change in spawning behaviour.

This was a good hunting spot, full of angry spiders and black bears (black bears have a lair behind the hill in the desert). Now, not so much, lairs do not spawn anything any more. nothing else is spawned.

2prGYoJ.jpg

Is it possible that the players are pushing the animals to areas least travelled.That is, they kill animals in areas players travel soon after they spawn, and the next spawn may not be in the same area or even a well travelled area but actually in a isolated area.So what we have is the creatures being scarce in populated area and crowded in wilds.

The grande steppe was packed with crocs and mountain lions over the weekend...