Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Cooldown discussion

Since I suggested another system in a previous thread which was very impopular, I need your combined input on which cooldowns are required in order to make the system work better, especially for PvP.

You can just state which spells and how long the cooldowns should be and we'll go over the thread and see what we can make of it. You can also suggest other tweaks of course.

Thanks!

I think having cooldowns on COMBAT spells would work, the Enchanting ones (like Wind of ages, Circle of cunning and Blessings of the dark and the like) should not have any cooldown,

• Like 18

Meditation - Path Of Knowledge - Get Info Spell

Current 18 hour cooldown -> Reduce to 15 min please

I use it when i hunt on pve, maybe got some use in pvp i dont know. =D

• Like 9

I prefeer the draining system instead of cooldown.

Better if the draining time is reduced by channeling skill (or Soul Strength/Depth)

If it should be cooldown it should have different times for spell.

• Like 1

All of the AoE spells should have a cooldown, in my opinion, and this thread should be addressed in regards to the single target spells.

There's a number of other things, such as the strength of passives vs the strength of spells, etc. IE, Mag damage bonus and res passive vs the strength of lib spells and heal spells. Vyn is kinda meh with I believe the exception of tentacles and being able to locate.

Also, I think one of the largest complaints recently is the distribution of spells amongst the whitelight gods vs having a single god as BL. Balancing 3 to 1 must be a nightmare from a developers perspective.

Cool downs should only be on pvp spells. Enchanting should be left alone.

Every pvp spell should have a cool down, lower damage spells, less CD, higher damage/more targets need more.

I think ice/fire pillar ATM have good cool downs for what they do

Every spell should have a cooldown no matter if its pvp spell or pve maybe exception is vesseling or those starter spells.

Light of Fo and Scorn of Libila, a cooldown of around a minute or so.

Tentacles and Pain rain, both hit multiple people and can be spammed. Maybe should be similar to pillar spells at 2 minutes.

Those are the most important ones I can think of right now

• Like 14

Tentacles and Pain rain, both hit multiple people and can be spammed. Maybe should be similar to pillar spells at 2 minutes.

yea, this would work imo, not too long, but not too short either, if a fight is long you can use them a few times, but not "bomb" them with it.

Especially light of fo. insta heals is op. I was thinking not making it insta heal so it is equal to scorn, but that be another topic

+1 to brqqq

Please consider balancing this against the res stone bonus magranon recieves. It stacks with res stone from a trader.

This gives magranon priests a 2x higher chance to keep their equipment which means all other religions have to maintain a 2:1 kill death ratio to break even in terms of loot. It also means that high end equipment such as dragon armour naturally accumulates towards magranon priests.

On top of this they have a 25% combat damage bonus in exchange they have useless spells. If this change goes ahead then they are recieving a significant boost when they are already the dominating force on chaos.

It would be nice if the cooldowns could somehow consider the spells effectiveness; for example much of the reason Light of Fo is spammed is because 50-75% of the time it doesen't do anything; if it does nothing it would be nice if no CD applied but if it healed people the amount of damage healed would impact the length of the cooldown applied so if you are getting absolutely wrecked you can't cast LoF over and over again to survive but if it only heals a little bit or backfires and doesen't help you too much you can cast it again soonafter.

Same deal with offensive spells; the amount of damage it deals will result in a shorter/longer CD - if a fire pillar or fungus trap is cast and does nothing you can just cast it straight away again (obviously minimum 30 seconds or so to ensure it can take into account damage dealt etc) but if it does alot of damage you would be on CD for a while.

Otherwhise if you could reduce the RNG factor in casting PvP spells there would be no need to do the above as it would be balanced anyway.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 7

Weakness- need a 30second cooldown at least, since it extremely strong yet spammable 

Worm brans, Rotting guts, Drain health, Ice shard, Fireheart should have a 20second cooltimer, to prevent spam

might be other spells i am forgetting.

Also only pvp spells please no enchanting.

It would be nice if the cooldowns could somehow consider the spells effectiveness; for example much of the reason Light of Fo is spammed is because 50-75% of the time it doesen't do anything; if it does nothing it would be nice if no CD applied but if it healed people the amount of damage healed would impact the length of the cooldown applied so if you are getting absolutely wrecked you can't cast LoF over and over again to survive but if it only heals a little bit or backfires and doesen't help you too much you can cast it again soonafter.

Same deal with offensive spells; the amount of damage it deals will result in a shorter/longer CD - if a fire pillar or fungus trap is cast and does nothing you can just cast it straight away again; but if it does alot of damage you would be on CD for a while.

Thats a good idea!

Please consider balancing this against the res stone bonus magranon recieves. It stacks with res stone from a trader.

This gives magranon priests a 2x higher chance to keep their equipment which means all other religions have to maintain a 2:1 kill death ratio to break even in terms of loot. It also means that high end equipment such as dragon armour naturally accumulates towards magranon priests.

On top of this they have a 25% combat damage bonus in exchange they have useless spells. If this change goes ahead then they are recieving a significant boost when they are already the dominating force on chaos.

Don´t want to derail the topic, but the dominating force has nothing to do with the spells, but the builds and the people behind it. So yeah, should not nerf one god or group of players because they are better.

Edited by Argustin

Yup we won't touch enchanting only PvP spells.

• Like 9

+1

Meditation - Path Of Knowledge - Get Info Spell

Current 18 hour cooldown -> Reduce to 15 min please

I use it when i hunt on pve, maybe got some use in pvp i dont know. =D

Level 1 Get Info - 1 hour

Level 2 Get Info - 30 min

Level 3 Get Info - 15min

+1

• Like 2

Thats a good idea!

Same deal with offensive spells; the amount of damage it deals will result in a shorter/longer CD - if a fire pillar or fungus trap is cast and does nothing you can just cast it straight away again (obviously minimum 30 seconds or so to ensure it can take into account damage dealt etc) but if it does alot of damage you would be on CD for a while.

Otherwhise if you could reduce the RNG factor in casting PvP spells there would be no need to do the above as it would be balanced anyway.

Don't really agree with this as thats the luck of the draw. It would possible make PvP within groups etc more balanced... but only because your nerfing the players who worked harder?

Don't really agree with this as thats the luck of the draw. It would possible make PvP within groups etc more balanced... but only because your nerfing the players who worked harder?

what u mean by people working harder?

Cooldown timer and more (Libila-Priest can not have any god outside from chaos or skilling channeling/faith) is not funny. Dont see any problem with drain gems the last years ;)

AoE spells 2 minutes cooldown. Single target spells 30 seconds. Simple.

• Like 3

While we are at it, can the cooldown timer to enchant mailboxes and for genesis be reduced or abolished?

It has nothing to do with PVP anyways...

Thanks for considering it.

I cast alot more and it is alot more fun since the timers for coc and some other spells were removed. :-)

• Like 3