Sign in to follow this  
Belfesar

Small Tortoise shield

Not sure if this is the right section or if this is intended or not but I recently created a Tortoise shield, It can not be imped and the imp icons and creator tags are missing.

[12:25:06] A strange shield made from a tortoise shell. Only description from examine.

Edited by Belfesar
  • Like 3

Probably supposed to be non-imp, no suitable material for imping it i guess, and QL is probably capped at shell QL.

If the intention is that Tortoise Shield should be like the Crude Tools.

A noob is not gonna think he need upgrade his starter small wooden shield, by make a Knarr sail for 10 hours, find a turtle and kill it with a 90ql sword and armor he bought, and then skill shieldsmithing for a week so he get a good chance of crafting the amazing ninja shield.

And a pro is not gonna think today i wanna be the clown on the battle fields and show up in a 50ql turtle shield and roleplay TMNT for 30 minutes until sheild breaks.

And a crazy freedom horder is not gonna decorate his garden with 100 turtle shields that decay away, well actually this might happen =D

If any new item is added into the game, please give them a purpose.

A shield must be repairable and improveable.

Since it use the small wooden shield subskill to use, please let it use the carpentry tools to improve it.

• Like 5

There are many mysteries in wurm..no information is served to us..whats the point in that..i say belfesar you are one of the lucky guys to get this thing fast enough..start casting on it and doing all sorts of stuff with it..maybe it yields something that one can't even imagine..not sure why QL is not shown..but srsly..should try out everything..worth a try.

And a pro is not gonna think today i wanna be the clown on the battle fields and show up in a 50ql turtle shield .

30ql best ql

Made another 2 shields and the creator tags are fine, First one must of been too low ql to show the sig. Would like confirmation whether it not being able to be imped is intentional or not.

try to use leather products to improve them..considering they are made from leather strip and shell..maybe improvable by some leather product or raw leather

i made 70ql one but that logic... 77ql shell + 90ql nails = 18ql unfinished shield. 40ql shell + 23ql nails = 23ql unfinished shield

• Like 1

Ok..maybe the nail QL caps the initial QL of unfinished shield and the shell QL gives greater chance to get the cap QL from the nails..just like iron ore and charcoal respectively

to add to this which bewilders me..i wonder the intention of the sheild..by making it non impable...it relies on high butcher skill to yield a good shell..then it seems to use small shield or shield smithing skill to make a decent final shield....it would appear in many ways that this shield is intended for vanity or beginner options..yet truly even with almost 80fs and 90ql weapon..high ql plate armor is still needed to fight it as they pack a huge hit bite..they'll kill you in less it seems..so clearly the tortoise shell is NOT for the beginner...yet..who would..in any skilled player manner chose a low ql non impable tortoise shell ...one of the great mysteries

to add to this which bewilders me..i wonder the intention of the sheild..by making it non impable...it relies on high butcher skill to yield a good shell..then it seems to use small shield or shield smithing skill to make a decent final shield....it would appear in many ways that this shield is intended for vanity or beginner options..yet truly even with almost 80fs and 90ql weapon..high ql plate armor is still needed to fight it as they pack a huge hit bite..they'll kill you in less it seems..so clearly the tortoise shell is NOT for the beginner...yet..who would..in any skilled player manner chose a low ql non impable tortoise shell ...one of the great mysteries