Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

Some keys no longer supported for keybinds

This bug began after the recent keybind menu changes. Keybinds for certain keys (like backslash, rbracket, lbracket, grave and comma) are now no longer supported properly as keys for keybinds.

Functions can be bound to the keys in-game, but after a client restart the binds are wiped from the keybinds file. Upon closer inspection, the keys are not listed in the new keybinds window as available options, so I assume that when the client reboots and reads the keybinds file it is unable to make sense of what the key is and so it's removed from the file.

Stuff from the console:

Binding a function to an unsupported key:

> bind Lbracket DIG

< Keybindings saved.

< Cant find lbracket

Although the key "cannot be found" the bind still functions until after a client restart, after which it stops working. Checking the status of the bind gives the following message:

> bind Lbracket

< No bind for Lbracket

As someone who bound all of their useful functions to previously useless keys, this is rather annoying :P

• Like 1

Same problem here, some other keys affected by this are comma, apostrophe and semicolon, which are all rather important keys if you're on a dvorak keyboard :P

Keys currently known not show up in the menu/not saved. Post here or PM on the forum or in-game (to Mortommes) to get a key added to this list

comma

apostrophe

semicolon

lbracket

rbracket

backslash

grave

Edited by Mortomes

The client Devs are aware on the issue (which sneaked in with the new keybind table) and are working on a solution.

For example: i need to re-bind minus to drop every client start, minus still works for binds, but is not saved.

Please list all non-working binds you find, it may help the Devs to resolve the issue faster and better :)

I edited my first post here to include a list of known broken keybinds

Comma not working for me. I don't use them a lot, but the ones I use I NEED.