Sign in to follow this  
Firestarter

Wurm on Xbox?

Not really sure where to post this so I've posted it in woodscraps.

Just wondering if it would be possible to get Wurm working on an Xbox 360?

Edited by Firestarter
  • Like 2

Completely different systems here, no.

Unless you are the god of god gods, or create a app on Xbox that can stream your Wurm in a playable style.

• Like 1

Heeeeeelllll no. It was hard enough for Mojang to port Minecraft over, and that's not 1/100th as much spaghetticode and fustercluckery as Wurm is. Just hook an X360 controller to a laptop and pretend

• Like 8

Heeeeeelllll no. It was hard enough for Mojang to port Minecraft over, and that's not 1/100th as much spaghetticode and fustercluckery as Wurm is. Just hook an X360 controller to a laptop and pretend

• Like 1

I would love to see it but it will never ever happen, and if it does, it will be in 10 years as an absolute bare minimum (on whichever console it is around that time, the 7box 9000 or whatever it will be called).

• Like 1

Would never work.

Not to mention we'd need a entirely new UI

And not to mention 360 is now old, it'd likely be placed on Xbox one or the playstation 4...,

And actually, would any of the systems have enough ram to even run reliably?

It would never be worth it, it would be so stupidly clunky I just can't imagine someone playing it - it'd be like the time I did from my IPhone. Sure, it works, but it's so terribly clunky it just isn't fun. I'd imagine a console port would be the same.

Wurm on Xbox? seriously?

Why? for the 5 people here who got a Xbox...

Wurm is not good enough for the xbox, maybe for the PS2 like Lorena said.

The new consoles would have no problem running Wurm.

The main problem is the controls. Without a mouse and keyboard, you just can't play Wurm.

• Like 1

heck why not make it available in cell phone apps and on the DS. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

What experience do you think you are missing playing on a console? Do you want to play wurm on a couch?

1. hook pc up to tv

2. purchase wireless mouse and keyboard set up, theres lots of solutions for this of various effectiveness and ease for couches. (or just hook up an xbox controller and be unable to play wurm because wurm doesnt work like that

3. wurm on your tv i guess? enjoy?

And lmao about the "next gen consoles would have no problem running wurm" Owning a "next gen" console is a great indicator for someone who has no idea about the cost of parts and how they perform. The next gen consoles are barely improvements over last gen, they're roughly equivilent to a 2006 pc. Sure it may be able to run wurm with everything cranked down, but why even bother. Just hook a pc up to your tv like a semi intelligent human being.

• Like 2

The new consoles would have no problem running Wurm.

The main problem is the controls. Without a mouse and keyboard, you just can't play Wurm.

Have played with an X360 controller on my laptop more than once, can also teach people how to do that if they like.

It was cold, so I found a way to play without ever having to get out from under my blankets :D

could just hack then mod the 360 to install windows... just like people did on the original xbox. Albeit I'd go with a much better PC then a non-upgradable already outdated console far as graphics processing is concerned.

To let you guys know there is a program called Xpadder you can purchase that lets you bind controller keys to function as keyboard keys. I play several games that only have keyboard controls in them with my Xbox controller and even set an analog stick to be the mouse. I tried playing Wurm that way and it worked, but very inefficiently compared to keyboard and mouse. Though maybe if I had one of those full chat pad attachments for it, it could have been better, assuming Xpadder would get the input from the chat pad.

• Like 1

To let you guys know there is a program called Xpadder you can purchase that lets you bind controller keys to function as keyboard keys. I play several games that only have keyboard controls in them with my Xbox controller and even set an analog stick to be the mouse. I tried playing Wurm that way and it worked, but very inefficiently compared to keyboard and mouse. Though maybe if I had one of those full chat pad attachments for it, it could have been better, assuming Xpadder would get the input from the chat pad.

when i ordered a new mouse one time cause my old one broke and i didnt have any around i used a xbox controller w/ xpadder for p much everything for a while

it work....not nearly as good as m+k, but it works

This thread is silly..  Wurm runs on Java... Consoles don't even use Java.  No they don't have java just because they have Minecraft... it's using an version that's embedded in the game itself.

This thread is going as far as to say, "Can Wurm run on the Nokia Ngage??".  At least that one is more plausible then the rest as The Ngage actually natively had and supported Java lol.

Request to lock this thread now, as I can only foresee some further derailing