Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 34

LssNW34L.jpg
Hello Fellow Wurmians!

We are all back at the office again after an inspirational experience in Cologne Germany attending the Game Developper Convention and GamesCon. As always we renewed our motivation and Rolf is flexing envigorated management muscles to further spur the team for this season of Wurm development.
So why not kick this off with something you have all been waiting and hoping for?
I can hardly refrain myself from spilling the beans here and now so lets just
Share some News!

Sheep!
>http://vimeo.com/104020104

Yes, the sheep whom some of you by now might think of as a creature of mythical proportions given its history in this community.
For those of you who are a bit new to the game I can tell you that it was requested and revealed a long time ago and has been a recurring question bordering on obsessive on a weekly basis ever since.
Finally it is getting the attention well deserved and our developers are now working actively at getting the sheep implemented in the game.
As in most cases in Wurm development it is not just about the sheep itself, but also what it brings in terms of craftable materials. In this case wool obviously.
The wool itself will spark the creation of a new crafting tree where you will have yourself some whopping woolly surprises to look forward to as assets are being created and revealed.
Venture any guesses or wishes for items anyone?
Can I get a unified hooray for the sheep?

Suggestions from the Community
We have had some great suggestions propagated to us from the community as of lately, firstly the fences in arched walls which will go live with the update to the servers today!

Some updates on how they will function:

• On ground floor it only works on outside walls.
  • High fences (and gates) are not available as the model would poke into the floor above.
  • Fences and Gates are not part of the writ, so they are covered by deed settings (assuming on deed), e.g. if not on deed you will need keys for the gates.
  • When you destroy the building any fences/gates on ground floor remain.
  • Bashing will either be on fences or walls, not both at the same time.
  • Catapults damage both fences and walls. A special thanks goes out to the Wurmians who took part in the testing of this feature and providing us with all the great feedback.
  • PlayerA uses the console command: /addfriend PlayerB

Remote Friend Request

This is one for the social Wurmians out there, but even those hermits on the hill tops might want someone to chat with, be it from afar. This will take care of it all!
It will also go live with todays update.
Here follows the explanation:

• PlayerB then gets a message saying that PlayerA want to be friends and use /addfriend PlayerA to allow it.
  • When PlayerB does /addfriend PlayerA, they get added to the friends list on both players.

There are some conditions needing to be fulfilled for this to be successful however

You can not:

• Be waiting for another friends response.
  • Have PlayerB on ignore

Your friend also need to fill the following requirements:

• Have to be Online.
  • Can not be waiting for another 'friend' (or waiting to reply to another friend)
  • Can not be ignoring PlayerA
  • PlayerB has 5 minutes to respond - if he does not send a response during this time a message is sent back to PlayerA saying “PlayerB is Unavailableâ€.

You also both need to have PMs enabled(on by default) under profile which you find by right clicking the body icon in the bottom left corner of the character interface.
    Between kingdoms, you both have to have x-kingdom enabled in profile (on by default).
    Between servers, you both have to have x-server enabled in profile (on by default).

Keybinds Interface
    The Interface I mentioned in the last update is also done!
    You can find it as a new tab under the game settings.
    Enjoy!

More interior!
    We are continuing to build and finish our library of new medieval interior assets for more variations in and on your deeds.
    This time with a truly royal contribution to the arsenal with:

Throne and Rug
    ThroneAndRug.png

Everyone deserves a royal respite after a day of grinding right?
    These are of course crafted individually but goes well as a set I would say.
    Thank you for your patience in awaiting these new goodies, we will start implementing them as soon as possible.

Alright Wurmians I hope you have enjoyed this weeks update!
    There is so much in the making at the moment and we have one tightly packed time schedule on all departments.
    This is one season that will contain a lot of surprises and excitement for both developers and Wurmians alike.
    So you better

Keep on Wurming!
  • Like 35

That looks like a suitable chair upon which I shall await bridges.

• Like 25

That looks like a suitable chair upon which I shall await bridges.

• Like 1

hooray - bring in the haggis ! and whool socks too.

• Like 1

Hooray for sheep indeed, more crafting, more skills, more crafteables, ... a game like wurm can never have enough of these! We need skills to grind and items to imp!

Edit: Redbaron.... "Let's share some news" in the pic, should have been "Let's shaaaaare some news" ;)

Edited by Lycanthropic

I would like a way to block friends requests. Imagine it on pvp servers always getting popups from someone during battle or just getting friends request in general from people you really don't want to be friends with but now you have to explain why you don't want to be friends or feel bad for turning them down that kind of thing.  I would rather just block all of them and do it in person. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

I would like a way to block friends requests imagine it on pvp always getting popups from someone or just getting friends request from people you really don't want to be but now you have to explain why that kind of thing. 

• Like 2

Wool.... that means weaving, which brings us directly to Kilts, those mythical Celtic inventions, combined clothing, blanket and bivouac for the hardy Scots shepherd, ( or sheep rustler).

• Like 1

Keybinds Interface

The Interface I mentioned in the last update is also done!

You can find it as a new tab under the game settings.

-------------

We lost several special keys from previous binds. Are those coming back, or do we need to redo our binding going forward?  Equals, Semicolon, Comma, etc.

What happened to the previous forum topic where the dev team asked for suggested ideas for wool. I wrote a long post there about uses for wool. Its gone. Baah.

Anyways.

- Sleeping bags 

- Heavier cloth armor. (using wool and furs)

- vanity clothing (maybe some dresses , smithing,villager outfits)

- Tapestries 

etc etc

• Like 4

I would like a way to block friends requests. Imagine it on pvp servers always getting popups from someone during battle or just getting friends request in general from people you really don't want to be friends with but now you have to explain why you don't want to be friends or feel bad for turning them down that kind of thing. I would rather just block all of them and do it in person.

You don't want to be my friend? That hurts

• Like 1

so if we're getting sheep, do we get a new "shears" tool too? As regular scissors aren't what are used to gather the wool. It'd be nice to see some kinda dyable outfit come from the wool too

You don't want to be my friend? That hurts

There is a way to block them via settings lol. You can choose to ignore friend, village, and kingdom invites and they won't pop up if you have those settings checked. @ the person asking about that

I have only one thing to say and I think I speak for everyone, when I say...

Baaaaaa!

• Like 4

Any word on Xanadu spawns being fixed/increased?

• Like 1

\o/  Hooray \o/

I know the little sheep just got over excited in the video and at the end is just lying down for a little nap!  Right?  :lol:

• Like 1

Sheep!!!

Ideas for wool;

Exactly the same items and same function as cotton, but different graphics to please the customization junkies :)

sheep....Wurm why do you keep adding more creatures yet spend no time whatsoever addressing the long time animal cap limitations/problems? 

Its almost as if you [Wurm] don't think there are any animal problems. 

Using Xanadu as an example....100k domestic creatures, ~1400 deeds. How many domestic animals (horses and sheep) per a deed to max the cap...about 75. That may seem like a lot but I can easily see a deed with 25 horses and 25 sheep.

• Like 1

Great to be reading your enthusiastic Weekly Updates once again RedBaron!

I already have a few arched walls awaiting iron fence gates to restrict access to some areas. I can also think that for those who have stable type buildings that these fences will be helpful to keep animals from wandering inside.

Will have to check the new keybinds panel. Previously I just easily made all mine by hitting F1 and typing in as desired at bottom. Hopefully all my old keybinds will remain as they are but there might be one or two on that panel of use.

More nice looking furniture added to the not available yet category, so someday it will be nice to add these various pieces to existing housing. Remote add friends: Blocked, although no doubt many will enjoy using it, so no qualms about that feature really.

Sheep? Bah to their baaaa. Will there be black ones too, that can be named after players?

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

wow..i almost couldn't believe myself..like a mirage i thought i saw sheep being offered..then i'm like..wow i actually see sheep being offered.  I then wanted to run around kissing everyone..until i read further..where i can remote friend people..now i can proxy kiss everyone.   As if i needed any more reason to be addicted to this game..thank you greatly for the continued offerings.  These updates are so greatly anticipated n awaited it remind me of when as early teens my brother and I would get a mysterious brown wrappered magazine in the mail

• Like 3