Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Seryll Improvement

I am suggesting that seryll items once created be allowed to be improved with regular steel lumps. If you are not going to allow ways to gain more lumps we need some way to sustain the seryll items we were rewarded.

It already has a speed restriction on it to keep it from being to sought after by players. 

Well looks like the pvp crowd is against it thats a big surprise seeing how now the only way to get them is from a rare drop from the PvP server. 

what you mean by speed restriction?

meaning that you are slow when you walk wearing it

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

while we are at it, lets make plate impable with iron cuz steel is just too hard to get. Oh ya and glimmer and addy with steel plz.

PLUS 1 .. any way to get more seryll in the game i support

This.. Is amazing! PLEASE! PLEAASEEE implement this! I totally want ot imp my Glimmersteel and Ada items with steel .. xD

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

while we are at it, lets make plate impable with iron cuz steel is just too hard to get. Oh ya and glimmer and addy with steel plz.

No need for the troll Watkins...

Why dont we make it that our drake/scale now needs drake leather/scale hides to imp it since you being a #$%^ 

seems this should be added since Dragons spawn regularly now, 

Edited by hemrzz
  • Like 1

No need for the troll Watkins...

Why dont we make it that our drake/scale now needs drake leather/scale hides to imp it since you being a #$%^ 

No trolling, just stating examples and why its a terrible idea. And you already need drake + scale to imp them now :>

No trolling, just stating examples and why its a terrible idea. And you already need drake + scale to imp them now :>

not on freedom you dont

not on the freedom cluster.

I agree, but maybe a way for Freedom players to get more seryll without risking chaos or having to depend on chaos.  Seryll is a rare item already but maybe a way for Freedom players to get ahold of lumps, maybe random special Creatures like the ones in chaos that are rare.  I personally have a full set of seryll plate armor, i don't care about how fast i move in it but maybe a little cheaper to re-improve it would possibly be beneficial for the economy.

Again, it would very hard for the dev's to work out something as one action could screw up the economy and make it not as rare. I do not agree with using steel to improve Seryll items though, seryll already gets a damage resistance buff. 

Just FYI to those who seem to be convinced that there's some vast PvPers vs Carebears conspiracy. Valeri mobs dont spawn on Chaos since uniques were changed so we don't get any seryll either.

I agree, but maybe a way for Freedom players to get more seryll without risking chaos or having to depend on chaos.  Seryll is a rare item already but maybe a way for Freedom players to get ahold of lumps, maybe random special Creatures like the ones in chaos that are rare.  I personally have a full set of seryll plate armor, i don't care about how fast i move in it but maybe a little cheaper to re-improve it would possibly be beneficial for the economy.

Again, it would very hard for the dev's to work out something as one action could screw up the economy and make it not as rare. I do not agree with using steel to improve Seryll items though, seryll already gets a damage resistance buff. 

Damage resistance buff? It says in the wiki that is is soft and takes more damage so you have to improve it more. 

Edit: Well maybe it was not in the wiki but i seen it someplace but can not find it now. 

Ahh i guess it was Aetherwalker that said it in the wiki forum section. 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/104376-request-seryll-amour-information/

Edited by Kegan

Valrei mobs don't spawn ion chaos anymore, we cant even butcher seryll from those mobs.. because they don't exist So it's not like anyone is forcing you to go to Chaos to get more of this material .. You can't get more of it anywhere.. unless you're on Epic.. which is where you DO have to use drake and scare to imp.. drake and scale.

-1 sorry, not the solution to a problem that currently doesn't exist, it's rare stuff.

I'm all for however adding another way to obtain Seryll though, especially on freedom so would like to see idea's for that instead.

Damage resistance buff? It says in the wiki that is is soft and takes more damage so you have to improve it more. 

• Steel plate armor provides 70% damage reduction at 100ql.

Glimmersteel and seryll plate armor provide 80% damage reduction at 100ql.

It may take more damage, i have not notice a difference

Well i am fine for a new way to get the lumps too we just need something or it will be useless once the lumps we have are used up and gone. 

Seryll Lumps should just be easier to get everywhere. Its stupid that they would spend time on a feature to the game and then limit its access. We do not need uber rare useless crap we need usefull items available to everyone and sustainable.

• Like 1

FYI., only seen Seryll lumps extracted from Sol Demons on Epic, so I assume it can be obtained from Nogumps, uttacha's, death crawlers too.

Since Eaglespirits and Drakespirits auto butcher I doubt it drops from them so even on Epic it's really rare. At a guess between 1% to 5% per butcher.

• Like 2