Sign in to follow this  
PotatoOnStick

Path of Insanity

Ever since i followed the path of Insanity i found a couple of things that aren't mentiont in the wiki nor in the discussion side of the wiki entry. The information goes as following.

"You feel strange and out of time.": 

This is the one where it is heavily noticeable that the more entities are around you the more often it triggers.

For example if you are just digging a hole in the middle of nowhere the change of it triggering is minimal, yet when you are doing your crops around some cows the change of it triggering seems noticeably higher.

The Paths Tile itself:

since the Path of insanity is hard to locate and is literately undetectable besides hoping for a question. It is highly advised to make a sign around it reminding you and others of it and to NOT around it. Mainly cause it seems easily disrupted. Also yes the concept of "This is indeed a special place." is not in the path of insanity finding a tile is now nearly pure luck and trying. I also have tried making one but it is hard to do the further you are in the path due to the time it takes to get questions.

Hallucinations:

It appears that the way how Hallucinations are triggered are random. Since you can have at some point 2 hallucinations in just 2 days and after not have one for over a month. Also what isn't stated in the wiki is where and how they spawn. I had encounters with the Troll named "Watcher" who seems to just stand and well watch he spawned when i was chopping wood 1 tile away from me looking north and the Lava Fiend named "Rotten Blood" who spawned right in my face INSIDE my workshop(2x1) when i was just working on some shields. Besides that i would like to point out that you cant do anything with the since every time you right click on them it just keeps refreshing which may mean that it may just be a client side thing.

i hope this information is useful i would like to give more info yet im kinda stuck with the path so far if i find anything else that is worth mentioning i will report it.

in fact Hallucinations are not that random and you have actually experienced it but you haven't picked up on it. Occurs when you are completing actions, from imping, cutting wood, mining etc.

hmmm that is good to know yet i do overall alot. on my average day i tend to mine around 4 tiles a day and i tend to chop over 10 trees atm cause im trying to remove alot of maple and replace it with pine and a mix of everything else really

I've always been on insanity and I've never noticed that your surroundings affect the 'you feel strange and out of time'. It has always appeared to be completely random for me.

I completely disagree with the finding insanity tiles being hard and I find them the easiest ones to find. They are only difficult to find if you're high leveled and are ready for a question. Usually it takes me about several tries to find them in most mines. Once found, they can be marked for the future.

Can't say much about halluncinations, never noticed any patterns in those.

please do realize that i'm Non-premium and that i keep my an close eye on my tabs and the reason why i said that it appears to be triggered easier around entities is because i had a long period where i was just by my own in a forest just trying to change the area and after i had that done and started farming more and stayed more around my cows. it made a clear difference in amount of times it poped up. Since it was just rare when i was alone yet with the animals around it become common till just there once in a while.

also in this period that i noticed this i haven't changed meditation level nor the level of the path

On the subject of finding a tile is for someone with a 20QL normal rug and in a cave filled with flat tiles. It can take a bit let me keep it at that.

I've always been on insanity and I've never noticed that your surroundings affect the 'you feel strange and out of time'. It has always appeared to be completely random for me.

I completely disagree with the finding insanity tiles being hard and I find them the easiest ones to find. They are only difficult to find if you're high leveled and are ready for a question. Usually it takes me about several tries to find them in most mines. Once found, they can be marked for the future.

Can't say much about halluncinations, never noticed any patterns in those.

I've heard that 1. Insanity tiles move; people have said that, and from personal experience, a tile that worked easily once before would not work later, however that may just be due to 2. Insanity tiles don't give the "Indeed a special place" message, so it can be extremely hard locating one, especially if you'd have to meditate on it more than a few times to get the question.

I've heard that 1. Insanity tiles move; people have said that, and from personal experience, a tile that worked easily once before would not work later, however that may just be due to 2. Insanity tiles don't give the "Indeed a special place" message, so it can be extremely hard locating one, especially if you'd have to meditate on it more than a few times to get the question.

Correct and that's why it is so hard to find one when with low ql rug add to that if you were to try and level up to a higher level it would just be very time consuming

Protip for finding insanity tiles, get a high ql rug, an alt with 15 meditation, and go check the flat spots in the mine. SOooOOooo much easier when just after the first question.

in fact Hallucinations are not that random and you have actually experienced it but you haven't picked up on it. Occurs when you are completing actions, from imping, cutting wood, mining etc.

I have had them spawn while afk, and have also just been chatting to people while figuring out what to do and actually saw one pop up

Protip for finding insanity tiles, get a high ql rug, an alt with 15 meditation, and go check the flat spots in the mine. SOooOOooo much easier when just after the first question.

Just like any other tile, they do not have to be flat