Sign in to follow this  
Glomby

Wurm Agent for Android devices

What's up, fellow Wurmians?

Today I bring you Wurm Agent 1.2 (Well, to be fair, Today I've brought it to Google... Google will bring it in a few hours to you :P). I've been working on this since I've had time, because I wrote down every single suggestion you made and I honestly wanted to improve the app. Some suggestions are still out of my reach, but most of them are not... and here it is the new version with those features I could implement. I've made a new design, trying to use "Material Design", a guide with some UI principles made by Google. I'm sure some people will like it, some will not. I can't really decide... Sure it looks cleaner but... well, I don't know. Of course, even if I have checked everything... bugs will appear. Please post any error or bug you may find! :)

Remember, I honestly want to keep Wurm Agent free, mostly because a lot of things are not made by me: Art, data... So Wurm Agent is and always will be free. However, donations are appreciated. If you believe my work is worth a tip, btn_donate_LG.gif

en_generic_rgb_wo_60.png

Now, some screenshots from the new version (the server selection menu actually hides some new features... those will be a surprise... nah, not really, changelog after the screenshot):

xHBt1iV.png

Changelog:

v.1.2.0

* New design, trying to use "Material Design";
* Added Storm, the new Challenge Server;
* Seasons now sorted by time;
* Added twitter feed, separated in 3 categories: Uniques, Deeds and Other
* Added a timer during game's night time, showing real time until dawn.

Get it on Google play!wVE1lZ2.png

Edited by Glomby
  • Like 8

Man, I could really use something like this on my Iphone,  Is there any chance of seeing something like this possibly available for those without a android? 

Great little app. I've didn't know but I've been waiting for this. Any chance though that the server could be saved so I won't have to select Chaos every time I bring the app up?

Thank you

Gonna check it out later!

what are the chances you could also add the unique spawns when they happen from the twitter page? (and slayings). Optional feature in the app?

Thanks for the replies!

Man, I could really use something like this on my Iphone,  Is there any chance of seeing something like this possibly available for those without a android? 

Hard to say. I would love it, but I don't have the hardware required to make applications for Apple... haven't searched a lot about it though. Possibilites are low at the moment at least.

Great little app. I've didn't know but I've been waiting for this. Any chance though that the server could be saved so I won't have to select Chaos every time I bring the app up?

Thank you

Nice idea, yes, I think it's possible. I will work on it for the next update!

Gonna check it out later!

what are the chances you could also add the unique spawns when they happen from the twitter page? (and slayings). Optional feature in the app?

Yeah, possible feature. Might require some work. Will think about it and see if I can do it for the next update.

I have a problem with scrolling in Season tab, If I scroll up all works, but if I scroll down the page will move instead the list of fruits

Thank you for this app! As Giuseppe said, there's some bug when scrolling in season tab.

When u scroll to see the seasons, the entire page scrolls together with "server: ..." to update the info, even if the content inside the season box didn't hit the top.

I'm working on that bug at the moment, strange that the server tab won't show the same issue. Thanks!

This seems really cool! Thanks for publicly releasing this app. This will definitely be very handy to have. 

Update is on the way, might take some time until Google updates it:

v1.0.1

* Fixed bug in Seasons tab

* Added server selection persistence between runs (Arvid's suggestion)

I hope I didn't break anything more than it was :D

Edited by Glomby
  • Like 1

Woohoo! The only two apps I've seen for Wurm are very limited. Thanks for taking the time to create this def downloading it now.

Now if someone could make it possible to play on phone.. omg, I think I'd get fired for never getting off my phone.

Edited by Jibberish

Woohoo! The only two apps I've seen for Wurm are very limited. Thanks for taking the time to create this def downloading it now.

Now if someone could make it possible to play on phone.. omg, I think I'd get fired for never getting off my phone.

technically speaking, you can control your computer from your phone and thus play, but it would be so difficult, wouldn't be worth it.  (I've done it with another game just to see)

technically speaking, you can control your computer from your phone and thus play, but it would be so difficult, wouldn't be worth it.  (I've done it with another game just to see)

Oh yeah, I've done that before. But it's so laggy and impossible to really control movement. I supposed just spam praying or something would be fine. But I need an app - sized version of Wurm at the end of the day.

Now If we could just get a vastly simplified graphical client that can RUN Wurm on a phone. It should possible to do. Pocket Legends has good graphics so I know this is possible.

Great app! I am Android developer myself so if you stuck at a point one day just leave a PM I will help you :) 

A very nifty program you've made.  I'm looking forward to not having to keep trying to log in when the servers are down.

Actually, I've done it with Wurm. 7 inches screen (Asus Nexus 7), worked pretty nice, needed some tweaking though. Not really good for exploration, but does good job for crafting. Was using Splashtop app, if anyone is interested in trying it out.

Very nice app. I've seen the features you mention in different apps already, over a year ago. BUT each app had a single use. Time, server status etc. I look forward to deleting those apps and using yours instead ^^

Great work!

My one feature request: weather!  I'd love to be able to see what the current /weather is, so I can decide if I want to log in to make a trip.

• Like 5

if you are going to add some twitter features,as a map maker and ocassional looter i would like to see a disband tracker,so i can select a server and see the recent disbands withouth having to sort out all the twitter entries

Rename "Maple Syrup" with just "Maple" and maybe tweak a bit with line margin. 

Besides that it looks really cool :) Looking forward to more features!

kind regards,

Capi (Community Assistant)

Thanks everyone for your answers. I'll try to work on your suggestions for a future version, although weather seems rather difficult, as I believe there is no information about it outside the game.