Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Boat test

You can now test the new boats on the testserver (http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_test.jnlp). Boats are provided near the new spawn point. Both old and existing server accounts now have the ML required for all boats.

Some things to test:

* Commander and passenger positions

* Sitting and standing animations

* Collisions with cave walls, fences, house walls, shore

* Fighting from boats

* Entering/exiting caves

* Embarking from swimming

• Like 12

can we get a few crates at the boat testing place to see how they work?

can we get a few crates at the boat testing place to see how they work?

Dropped some

Dropped some

yea you need to work on the area you can load from i could see okay but it only loads from like one or maybe two tiles from the driver was not good at all.  Just try it yourself on a caravel and you will see. 

edit: A larger reach for loading is needed either way but i also suggest a cart/wagon to boat drag that would activate the load timer and just move them over. These two would make crates so much easier to manage.  

The rest of what i seen looks good though :)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 4

* Commander and passenger positions - working very good and less things blocking view now [was a big problem with sailboat, but not anymore]

* Sitting and standing animations - all of us seemed to be good, liked very much how all of us were sitting in the knarr

* Collisions with cave walls, fences, house walls, shore - only tested sailboat + rowboat in canal so far [couldnt find a bigger canal for bigger ships] and they seemed to work just like old boats.

* Fighting from boats - watkins killed me, working nicely.

* Entering/exiting caves - same old system, nothing different.

* Embarking from swimming - no problems.

P.S. Dyes do work on the new models! Saw a red sailboat.

Edited by silakka
  • Like 3

3rd Person camera needs surround effect if u hold like left mouse button down u can look around.

• Like 5

3rd Person camera needs surround effect if u hold like left mouse button down u can look around.

• Like 1

Aspect tested:  Collisions with cave walls, fences, house walls, shore.
Test Process: Ride boats into shore / fences at different angles and speeds.
Test Result: Collisions with shore seemed to work perfectly
Unexpected Result: Boats slide along fences as a walking player would instead of stopping as if hitting shore.

With a knarr, colliding with a house wall that is on the shoreline makes it impossible to push/pull/drag the boat out of the house. House walls need to keep boats from going into the wall, same with fences. Boat collision needs some work.

I know this is nothing new as this happens on the regular servers as well, but the problem still persists. Might as well fix it now.

Tested collisions with some boats - looked a little bit bugged

Here a short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GmWwD2OkVY

I hope you can see what I mean.

About fighting on boats: It's working without problems for me

And about the knarr: I'm not sitting in the middle, you can see this in video too

Edited by Army

Army that youtube video gives error:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Det här videoklippet är privat.
Logga in om videoklippets ägare har gett dig åtkomst.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To translate it means only your friends on youtube that u have in private settings can view it.

Please add access to everyone on it.

My fault, sorry - forgot to unlock it after upload.

You can watch it now :)

no biggy but it seems the knarr sail is facing the wrong way compared to the sailbot.

I hit one of those humps in the water and went completely over it before i was thrown off.  Which would be fun if i could do it and stay on the boat.  I never found any canals to test, And this happens to be the only thing I care about.

Posts removed.

This section is NOT for discussing whether something is nice looking, or maybe <insert wish here> should be changed. It is for reporting any bugs found with whatever is being implemented, and if possible how to reproduce.

I see some visuals on the sails of a few boats, will they be modifiable so that kingdoms can place there logo's or hopefully some thing like the shop sings where we can pick one that we want to use?