Sign in to follow this  
EvaDaly

When building house walls

I have thought of it to be a bit strange that you would build houses and  all the wall take the same amount of materials to build each kind of wall.

• Wall:

â—‹Stone- 20 bricks, 20 mortar

â—‹Wood- 20 planks, 20 large nails ( i know that is more nails then it is now but 1 nail 20 planks? makes no sense)

â—‹Timber Frame- 5 Wooden beams, 20 Clay, 10 mixed grass

• Window: Need to make the "Window" part of the Window) (4 Shaft, 4 small nails= Window)

â—‹Stone- 10 Bricks, 10 Mortar, 1 Window

â—‹Wood- 10 Planks, 10 large nails, 1 Window

â—‹Timber Framed- 3 Wooden Beams, 10 Clay, 5 Mixed grass, 1 Window

• Door (Need to make the "Door" part of the door) (3 Planks, 3 Small Nails= Door)

â—‹Stone- 8 Bricks, 8 Mortar, 1 Door

â—‹Wood- 8 Planks, 8 large nails, 1 Door

â—‹Timber Framed- 3 Wooden Beams, 10 Clay, 5 Mixed grass, 1 Door

• Double Door (Need to make the "Door" part of the door) (3 Planks, 3 Small Nails= Door)

â—‹Stone- 6 Bricks, 6 Mortar, 2 Doors

â—‹Wood- 6 Planks, 6 Large nails, 2 Doors

â—‹Timber Framed- 3 Wooden Beam, 5 Clay, 3 Mixed grass, 2 Doors

• Arched Wall

â—‹Stone- 4 Bricks, 4 Mortar

â—‹Wood- 4 Planks, 4 Large Nails

â—‹ Timber Framed- 2 Wooden Beams, 3 Clay, 3 Mixed Grass

Just a thought, don't know if anyone else has thought about this or posted about it.

Edited by EvaDaly
  • Like 2

+1 Makes more sense, maybe a bit more complicated but a bit more interesting i guess :P

Edited by Miniroll

+1. The numbers need to be tweaked. And to your nail suggestion: The item is called "Large Nails". So it is not just one nail you use :) 

• Like 1

+1. The numbers need to be tweaked. And to your nail suggestion: The item is called "Large Nails". So it is not just one nail you use :)

Opps, didn't see that typo :P , with the numbers, this is just to throw it out there, it could be messed around with a little :)

Edited by EvaDaly

People will start making houses completely out of doubled doors if they are so much "cheaper," that will look rather odd and ... well. look bad for everyone. 

Right now all wall types use the same materials and all provide the same benefits, meaning people build what will look the best.

For the game, that works better than any concept of "realistic."

** this is also a huge increase in the amount of iron needed per wooden wall, 6kg per wooden wall adds up to a lot of iron if you actually build real walls anymore with this system.  That will be hardest on new players with no mine who currently can rummage rock tiles for the iron nails. 

All in all, this is changing things that don't really need changing, and  resulting in a number unintended and unwanted outcomes. It hurts more things than it helps. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

first large and small nails are actually bundles of nails not a single nail

also this would just cause weird exploitation

Also it's already hard enough to do this. Otherwise it would just take even more materials.

People make Boats, Big Boats that take godly amount of mats and people are complaining about a few more nails and Shafts and planks come on people, really, the most painful thing to make on the houses are the brick and the mortar and you want to keep it the same. all i am adding is a door and window to craft and that is only planks, shaft and nail (like they are so hard to make) really people, and if you want to make a house out of all double door, which many i add take more mats then all of them, then go ahand make a ugly house. just saying i would reather make planks then make 1000 bricks and mortar for a house for only 50 walls, which if you are make a 5 x 3 house that is only the amount for a 2 story house. and i seen the house on the freedom server they are crazy stupid big for no reason but bordom and and to look pretty. Just saying.

Edited by EvaDaly