Sign in to follow this  
demondan

Graphical representation of kingdom Influence on Chaos!

Disclaimer: As current from the perspective of the Empire of Mol-Rehan on the 12/July/2014. This map may or may not represent the perspective of controlling influence of other kingdoms on Chaos.

Ever wondered to yourself, i wonder what kingdom controls what on Chaos? or maybe just wondered what Chaos is all about? Well this post may explain some of these questions you may have!

So share around to your friends as this post shows a little bit of Chaos you might not know!

Firstly, what exactly does this map show? Well on freedom, you know that guard towers are used to spawn guards to help you against hostile creatures that attack you in the wild. On Chaos they do serve that purpose as well, but guard towers also are used to draw battle lines between opposing armies because Guard towers give out kingdom influence. A Guard Tower owned by your kingdom gives out your kingdoms influence, but what does this influence mean on Chaos exactly? Well, on Chaos, you are only allowed to put deeds down in your own kingdoms influence. So kingdoms aim to convert enemy Guard Towers to their own Kingdom which is an in-game mechanic.

This is one of the attributes of Chaos that differentiate it from Epic. Chaos is about fighting to increase your territory over opposing kingdoms, through either force or diplomacy. Thus this gives a unique feel to Chaos warfare, Chaos is not all about mindless player vs player combat with no grander objective. In the grand scheme of things on Chaos, kingdoms focus on eliminating the enemy presence from an area so to expand their own influence, or expanding influence through political means. 

This comes to the next point, how do kingdoms retain their power across the huge map of Chaos? Well deeds are used exactly in this way. There are two types of deeds, one is a normal every day village that you can find on Freedom, the other kind of deed is what we on Chaos simply call "Wardeeds". These deeds are founded the exact same way that normal deeds are founded on Freedom, the distinguishing factor is what the deed is actually being used for. These "Wardeeds" are used to block an enemies advance or hold onto a new foothold that your kingdom has gained, it does not necessarily have people living in the deed 24/7 as you may find on freedom, however people can live at the deed because they wish to be on the front line protecting the borders that they fought for.

As i discussed earlier, kingdoms fight to expand their territory by converting enemy kingdom's Guard Towers to your own kingdom, but how do Wardeeds and villages tie into holding territory? Well Guard towers that surround a deed cannot be converted to an enemy kingdom. So by deeding areas you ensure that the enemy need to remove your deeds so to expand their influence into that area.

So that is what Chaos is partly about, controlling areas by expanding your influence with guard towers and deeds, and this is what this influence map roughly explains. This map roughly explains what the CURRENT map control looks like based on kingdom tower influence and deeds. As in history, front lines are drawn up in war which is similar to Chaos, and in Chaos PVP, it is not always about butting heads in a frontal assault. Chaos kingdom land control is a very dynamic, what one kingdom may control one day, they may not control it the next. Strategies are formed to control certain areas or attack other areas to divert attention from your true intentions.

I know when we try to explain how Chaos is different from Epic, we always say that it is about controlling territory and taking territory away from your enemy. I hope this graphical representation will help in this explanation, for every kingdom!!!

UVsnP1z.jpg

Edited by demondan
  • Like 8

So ... that rocky bit in the middle is up for grabs ?  Humm... prime real estate <grin>

That's a great explanation.  Thanks. (Working as a GM playing on Freedom, I don't get to see the big picture much ... too many weeds.)

• Like 4

Hey Seara. haha at least from my kingdoms data it is..

but as i said, i did this map with the utmost respect to other kingdoms that it may be wrong in their eyes, i just based this on what territories kingdoms control from the data the my kingdom holds e.g Towers and deeds controlled :)

Thanks for your comment! Showing the greater picture of what Chaos is all about!!! is what i mainly aimed for and im realllly glad that you got my intention straight away. :))

Edited by demondan

It's pretty damn accurate considering the attempts people have made before at this haha; nice job.

In my opinion the only things wrong with JK influence marked is that Abralon isn't founded yet; and once it's founded it's influence isn't going to be that big; and also JK and MR still contest the HF valley a bit with towers from both sides in it (it's marked as either MR or empty here) - we also have a couple deeds on those huge mountains.

I also think Ebonaura influence is grossly exaggerated; I don't want to put them down or anything; they are a growing kingdom afterall and need time to expand but let's be serious they only really have one deed and a handful of towers.

I think something like this is a bit more accurate: http://i.imgur.com/qbtu5fg.jpg

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 2

why are you flooding the creative commons with your propaganda? atleast move it to the chaos thread so you can get trolled for this silly map like you deserve. however your artistic representation of chaos is cute. I think your impression of chaos is pretty silly and perverted. its not about owning the entire map, and the surroudning waters. you also forgot the cave HoTS lives in.

Edited by Hogwash
  • Like 5

haha yeah i agree Gavin, i wasnt to sure what to do with Abralon do i thought, hey, ill just assume surrounding territory and part of spider island but yeah on the HF valley, im not to familiar with that territory, i know there is a JK tower down there and MR ones to. so i didnt know how to do contested territory graphically so i kinda just left a gap that i felt really wasnt owned by either faction? unless there is a JK fort up there and i am mistaken!!!! hehe. If i make another one i will surely put that blank area down as JK. :)

ohh yeah and ebonaura, like i said at the start, this is from the perspective from the empire of mol rehan, so when we look at that north area, that is the lands we as MR see as controlled by Ebonaura. thats why i wanted to be as respectful as i can in my post, i know there will be differing views but yeah i tried to be as general as possible.

apart from the island NW corner of ebonaura.. i did forget about MR influence there XD

Edited by demondan

that hilly area is full of traders as well... freedom ones.... just for info.... also high spots are best defance for deed...

I will make a few more additions with what you said Gavin and ill see how it looks.

Edited the VF Valley, im happy with the way it looks now, if you would excuse Abralon and Ebonaura representation in this map Gavin. I like the sizes for artistic value :) but yeah, it is just a rough estimate and we know that tomorrow this can all be different! haha but its cool to view graphically  :)

Nice work

Just curious, where is the "spawn point" on Chaos?

Can you make it a part of the map?

Do you intend to keep this updated semi-regularly?

Thanks

If you have nothing better to do demondan, leave aside the propagandistic mapping and join a kingdom that has goals. 

Nice work

Thanks

There is 4 starter deeds.

Nice work

Thanks

Hey mate, there are 4 spawn points, 2 are in MR territory, 1 is in JK territory and 1 is in BL territory. 

I didnt add them in because i didnt intend for this map to replace the normal public map of Chaos which shows the starting deeds. I did this because i thought it be cool to graphically represent kingdoms lines and territory :)

I may keep it updated semi-regularly if there is interest.. and that would be in probably 6 months time? honestly with how dynamic Chaos is its hard to keep it updated. Unless this is something a large number of freedomers are interested and they wish to know what is going on in Chaos on a more regular basis i guess i can do something then :) 

Thanks for your comment!

Great map DD, as a few have said there are some parts which are questionable, but what isnt on an influence map :P

Good job mate, i hope you keep this updated :D

.... you also forgot the cave HoTS lives in.

Yes, little place - but Horde still alive ;)

I'm still waiting you to join us man. We will do great things for Libila !

I argue that Legion has little control over the southern seas, let alone influence.

• Like 1

Imo the only time MR control the waters is when they bring their main force. Champs, Chei and Artifacts. The average MR tries to avoid our island locals and their raid groups leg it when they face considerable force. Take today for instance. Felinas who brought his minions to drain our siege camp pooped his pants when Yurik hit local and went back to the East to call reinforcements ...

Later MR brought one and a half knarr of people including artifacts, champions and the Chei himself.

Edited by Issle

This map is stupid, It doesnt even show BL as having influence over 3 of its deeds.

I've re edited the map with a BL influence change.. from the beginning I didn't really feel it was all that i wanted it to be, i was unsure of a lot of influence shown on the map. Gavin helped me out as well with the other kingdoms and i was able to edit for Gavin. After it was posted the trolling comments from members of the Black Legion made me feel like the time spent on even adding their kingdom to the map felt wasted. But i am a perfectionist and I feel i must edit their kingdom influence to how i feel it should represent their kingdom and their efforts. 

Edited by demondan

yor exaggerate the size of ebon up there, then you make BL so small you cant even fit the text. this sir is propaghanda, and you are the troll. take it to recruitment thread, thats obviously your intentions.

Tell me what scale did you use? youre a terrible cartographer.

Black legion controls nearly double the land that Ebonura hold. i'd tell youy to try harder next time, but i think you tried pretty damn hard this time and its the best you've got. gg.

Edited by Hogwash

This is a creative commons thread, not a propaganda thread nor a skirmish thread. As evidenced, DD is open to criticism and is looking to create an accurate view of Chaos for the people that do not play there. So please keep your trolls under their respective bridges folks.

Personally, while the lines aren't perfect, I think they give an overall accurate representation of where the kingdoms are both stationed an active so new players can get a better understanding of the map without having to run around and find where the towers change. Be interesting to compare this map to a remake of it in a years time.